PDA

View Full Version : Kains Lieutenants Styled Skins from SR1 in Future?

ApollosBow
23rd Feb 2015, 22:29
They don't have to be the actual lieutenants, maybe different hair and facial design, but skins fashioned after the outfits in the intro to Soul Reaver 1, mainly Id look forward to the one-armed cloak with the clan symbol on it, and the armored leg warmers, shoulder pad, knee pads.

Sanguise23
24th Feb 2015, 14:19
yeah we all want this it has been asked for , cant remember if anything was said about it by devs though

Vampmaster
24th Feb 2015, 14:28
The wiki writers have decided Kain would see it as impersonating him. It's their decision really.

A good second choice would use the same colour scheme on something like the outfit worn by the Turelim statue in the Crucible. The pants could be black leather like the Lieutenant's outfit and then the loincloth and sash could the green with the Turelim symbol. That way the skin would have the similar colour scheme and still be sort of a representitative of his clan. Then the other classes could have a similar thing with their clan colours.

Lord_Aevum
24th Feb 2015, 17:12
The wiki writers have decided Kain would see it as impersonating him. It's their decision really.

We don't decide anything, not sure who's telling you otherwise! It's my opinion that anything too close to the lieutenants should be considered carefully to avoid cheapening them, but I'm not closed to the idea, not that we even have clout in such matters.

ApollosBow
24th Feb 2015, 17:35
We don't decide anything, not sure who's telling you otherwise! It's my opinion that anything too close to the lieutenants should be considered carefully to avoid cheapening them, but I'm not closed to the idea, not that we even have clout in such matters.

But Mods, too, can lie...

kidding

Vampmaster
24th Feb 2015, 17:50

No one's actually said that, but the devs do take your views the most seriously and the way I saw it, you tried to say that it would be contradictory to the lore for anything the clan leader's outfits to appear in the game. There hasn't really been anything in the script or in discussions with original devs about Kains stance on dress code (or none that you presented at the time), so we can only speculate on what those rules might have been. What is certain is that he wouldn't tolerate any violation of those rules.

I'd be fully in favour of variation to distinguish the ones the clan members wore from those of the Lieutenants. Maybe the Lieutenants were the only ones confident enough to go bare chested (too tough to need armor) or maybe the clans members had slightly different colours or something.

Ygdrasel
24th Feb 2015, 17:56
The wiki writers have decided Kain would see it as impersonating him.

How would dressing to represent their own clan impersonate Kain?

I would love to see skins with clan banners draped on them like the lieutenants had.

ApollosBow
24th Feb 2015, 20:58
Id pay the premium skin price for them, (R-2400). I know I wouldn't be alone going by this thread and chatting in game.

Gugulug5000
25th Feb 2015, 01:32
So I've always thought of the Lieutenants' clothing as something referring to their station/rank in the empire, so I don't think we should get the exact same outfits, but I'm completely okay with something similar to it (hinting at perhaps a rank just below Kain's 6 lieutenants). So here's a thought: what if they raised the class level cap to 30 and made new skins that are similar in style to the SR lieutenants as a reward for reaching 30? They could possibly be a tad more evolved than the level 25 skins, but the main selling point would be that their clothing is close to what we see in SR. Having it be a level 30 skin would let it kind of hint at how only the elite get that kind of clothing, and would suggest that the skin is higher in rank in the vampire army. It'd kind of be a way of saying "this guy is so good that he's one of [x clan patriarch's] inner circle."

ApollosBow
25th Feb 2015, 15:07
So I've always thought of the Lieutenants' clothing as something referring to their station/rank in the empire, so I don't think we should get the exact same outfits, but I'm completely okay with something similar to it (hinting at perhaps a rank just below Kain's 6 lieutenants). So here's a thought: what if they raised the class level cap to 30 and made new skins that are similar in style to the SR lieutenants as a reward for reaching 30? They could possibly be a tad more evolved than the level 25 skins, but the main selling point would be that their clothing is close to what we see in SR. Having it be a level 30 skin would let it kind of hint at how only the elite get that kind of clothing, and would suggest that the skin is higher in rank in the vampire army. It'd kind of be a way of saying "this guy is so good that he's one of [x clan patriarch's] inner circle."

Makem work for it though, Lvl 50 Reward :D