PDA

View Full Version : Vanguard Customization Options

DunhamSmash
23rd Feb 2015, 19:19
Posting this for Cat:

With his expected release tomorrow, we wanted to share some details regarding the exciting customization options you'll have with our new Human class, the Vanguard!

Up until now, each class has had a range of alternate skins you could purchase from the in-game Store. With the Vanguard class, however, we're expanding this based on feedback we've received from our community.

So while at release, you'll still find a range of Vanguard character Skins (four to be exact) available for purchase, you should also see an additional item unlike anything we've released for previous classes before -- the Vanguard's Shield!

In the weeks since the Open Beta launch (and the months before), we have received a lot of player feedback asking for more customization -- and we're hoping that this additional Shield option will give you just that!

That means that, in addition to the regular the character Class Skins, you will also be able to purchase alternate Shield Skins from the Store; allowing you to mix and match any combination of Skin and Shield you want for a more unique Vanguard representation.

Here is a full breakdown of all the Skins (both character *and* shield) that will be available:

Skins - 1200 Runestones Each
Outlaw's Hood
Ravager's Helm
Corsair's Jack
Mark of the Survivor

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/402/blog_large/vanguard-skins.png?1424716941

Shields
Brigand’s Defense - 400 Runestones
Serene Bulwark - 400 Runestones
Radiant Guard - 800 Runestones
Drowning Shield - 800 Runestones

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/403/blog_large/vanguard-shields.png?1424716971

Head to the Store tomorrow (after the Vanguard releases) to see all our purchase options, and to finally get your hands on this new class!

GenFeelGood
23rd Feb 2015, 20:28
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

This is Glorious News, I can't wait for tomorrow:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D!!

Ravager's Helm and Drowning Shield, together we will Unleash Hell Upon The Vampires!

SirRudyMan
23rd Feb 2015, 21:04
I like Ravager's Helm with the Radiant Guard shield.

The Radiant Guard shield looks really nice :eek:

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Feb 2015, 21:10
As posted on FB:

SirRudyMan
23rd Feb 2015, 21:29
As posted on FB:

I always check Twitter instead of FB, I should go to FB more often.

Again, it looks really nice :D

Khalith
23rd Feb 2015, 21:46
I feel like the drowning shield should be a vampire skull.

ApollosBow
23rd Feb 2015, 21:46
Looking good, nice move making the shields separate for mix n match.

Archsaint
23rd Feb 2015, 22:38
More customization is always a plus. :) Glad the shields and skins can be mix matched. Everything looks great, very excited to play the Vanguard! I agree with Khalith, methinks the drowning shield should be a vampire skull.

Also, all of the skins are the same price, but not the shields. Why are two of the shields double the price?

GenFeelGood
24th Feb 2015, 00:05
I am so overjoyed, this is first step towards full on mix & match (dare I dream); and I hope it gets carried over to future classes, while being expanded into the current classes. Nothing would make the class bundles more appealing as a purchase than the numerous customization options it would allow through mix & match.

Razaiim
24th Feb 2015, 00:45
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGAH

-Konf-
24th Feb 2015, 06:12
Posting this for Cat:
Haha, stealing Cat's thunder again?

On a serious note - well done and thank you! Everything about this idea just sounds right, and I'm sure a lot of players will appreciate that. From an implementation perspective - sounds like you guys already got your hands on making first steps towards "mix-and-match" customization, which sounds really promising!

Sasha_Vykos
24th Feb 2015, 07:59
What if i only buy the skin? I guess the shield will be the default one.

PapaLegba
24th Feb 2015, 10:00
Yes, you will always have the default shield to equip with any skin.

Saikocat
24th Feb 2015, 10:19
What if i only buy the skin? I guess the shield will be the default one.

Yes, as PapaLegba posted, you'll always have your default shield, so if you buy a character class skin you can match that with the default shield, or add another shield later if you choose to.

Haha, stealing Cat's thunder again?

^_^
A shared thunder (http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/tumblr_lp1888PeRc1r0c8lho1_500.gif), really ;) Jeremy kindly helped get the post online while I was in some late preview sessions.

SquirrelInDaSky
24th Feb 2015, 12:44
Why are some shields more expensive then the others? They are in the same "category" after all.

lucinvampire
24th Feb 2015, 13:37
I cant weait to get my hands on him later tonight ;) :D

Please could you clarify if there'll be a "class pack" like there was with Summoner etc so we can buy all his items/skins/shields in a bulk buy option?

-Konf-
24th Feb 2015, 14:37
Why are some shields more expensive then the others? They are in the same "category" after all.
Yeah I don't get it either considering that skins (if they were to be released without "mix and match") most likely would have been priced at 1,600 runes apiece.

Sasha_Vykos
24th Feb 2015, 14:49
Yeah I don't get it either considering that skins (if they were to be released without "mix and match") most likely would have been priced at 1,600 runes apiece.

indeed we are going to pay a skin + shield 2000 runestones (for shields that cost 800). I guess its just a way to rise the price of the skins and there's not a real explanation.

On the other hand, is it true that you can have a almost complete skin for 1200 runestones (with default shield) instead of standard 1600..maybe its something to "balance" this..

Saikocat
24th Feb 2015, 16:11
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update, I responded in the Vanguard release date thread here. Unfortunately there's a slight delay on the game update, we'll let you know as soon as we know when it'll go out!
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=152262

GenFeelGood
24th Feb 2015, 16:42
Oh :( , I was looking forward to today; but I can wait. Could you confirm if there is gonna be a bundle, I love my Melchahim banner but the Drowning Men symbol looks like it belongs to pirates that worship Cthulhu (Is that You, Elder God?); and the customization makes me very interested in buying in bulk?

AnonArchia
24th Feb 2015, 16:52
**** skins. I want skill customization for all classes. Skins are totaly unnecessary.

Saikocat
24th Feb 2015, 17:47
Hi everyone!

I'm back with news!

I can confirm that the Vanguard game update has been pushed out to tomorrow (Feb 25th). We'll post here (and Tweet) in advance to let you know when we're going to hit maintenance mode, but it'll likely be very early afternoon GMT time.
Oh :( , I was looking forward to today; but I can wait. Could you confirm if there is gonna be a bundle, I love my Melchahim banner but the Drowning Men symbol looks like it belongs to pirates that worship Cthulhu (Is that You, Elder God?); and the customization makes me very interested in buying in bulk?

Yes, there will be a bundle like with the Summoner, and it includes a banner. I'll try and get you guys a sneak preview screenshot!

Saikocat
24th Feb 2015, 19:04
Here's a sneaky look at the player banner:

http://i.imgur.com/48KK8Ed.jpg

GenFeelGood
25th Feb 2015, 03:29
Here's a sneaky look at the player banner:

http://i.imgur.com/48KK8Ed.jpg

That,..... banner,..... is, .....AWESOME!

ArrX92
25th Feb 2015, 10:10
More customization is always a plus. :) Glad the shields and skins can be mix matched. Everything looks great, very excited to play the Vanguard! I agree with Khalith, methinks the drowning shield should be a vampire skull.

Also, all of the skins are the same price, but not the shields. Why are two of the shields double the price?

indeed we are going to pay a skin + shield 2000 runestones (for shields that cost 800). I guess its just a way to rise the price of the skins and there's not a real explanation.

On the other hand, is it true that you can have a almost complete skin for 1200 runestones (with default shield) instead of standard 1600..maybe its something to "balance" this..

There are questions unanswered
Could clarify these questions.
Thank You.

ApollosBow
28th Feb 2015, 19:44
There are questions unanswered
Could clarify these questions.
Thank You.

In exchange for Food, Electricity and a Roof over your head you need ______.

ok ok heres an easy one..... ______ makes the world go round.

No?........nevermind.