PDA

View Full Version : Spawning algorithm should be more "aware" of some situations.

AssortedStuff
21st Feb 2015, 21:46
The spawning algorithm should adjust to some situations. Here are 2 examples which happened to me:
- Once I spawned right in the middle of a Reaver's Choking Haze (the toxic bomb) already in effect. A player shouldn't be spawned in an area where there is already something that would lower their health.
- At the start of a match (at that time no player can move yet) I had a member of the opposing team exactly in front of me, a bit far away. Not a major issue but it seems something that it shouldn't happen. It might ruin any tactics teams might have for the start of a level.

Khalith
22nd Feb 2015, 00:11
- Once I spawned right in the middle of a Reaver's Choking Haze (the toxic bomb) already in effect. A player shouldn't be spawned in an area where there is already something that would lower their health.

That's happened to me a few times. But the best two incidents: I spawn in a choking haze, I realize it but before I can move I got grabbed by a sentinel that immediately dropped down and punctured me for a kill. Then a second time I spawned in the choking haze in front of a pouncing reaver. I died instantly as soon as I spawned in both instances, rare occurrences but incredibly lame when they happen.

Razaiim
22nd Feb 2015, 02:26
With each patch I've been steadily noticing an increase in bad spawns. I've spawned in front of charging tyrants, and one time the stars aligned and I spawned directly into a sentinel grab, literally 2 more seconds picking my loadout and I would have been safe, i've spawned in a corner at the back of a fight to mop up vampires still working on my team-mates, it definitely needs tweaking, but on the same token, when it does work it, humans will always spawn in the same general area, which means vampires just ping-pong between points with every engage, without really needing to look for the humans.

puff_ng
25th Feb 2015, 13:42
Yeah, just had a close match where me and a team mate both spawned right next to a Tyrant and Sentinel. Got stunned and rekt.

Vampmaster
25th Feb 2015, 13:58
There's a bug at the moment where all players spawn in the same area at the start of a flashpoint game. It might not be the whole problem, but it's definitely making things worse.