PDA

View Full Version : How to play the (non-Steam) game on a new computer?

Kayube
21st Feb 2015, 20:19
So I got this game in the PC rerelease, but now I've moved to a new computer. I don't see any way to download the game again or get back my serial code so I can play it. Do I have to buy the game all over again to play it or is there a way to unlock it for use on the new computer?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out myself.

mAI-fON
7th Mar 2015, 22:35
What did you actually do to get it to work again? I've looked all over the website and store etc, found nothing that says I can actually download it again.

The only place it says "pc download" nothing happens when I click that -.-

I'm getting super frustrated!

merlinman
23rd Mar 2015, 05:53
i purchased ffvii back in 2012 and now i have a new computer and i cant figure out how to download it on my new computer, i purchased it from square enix and not from steam

BlueStryker
26th May 2015, 03:37
I'm in the same boat.. I'm certainly not going to pay for it again though. I'm thinking of trying to register the game onto my Steam account, but need to find my serial number. If you still have your SN and a Steam account then I'd try manually adding the game to your Steam library.

vinzogonzo
26th Jun 2015, 14:01
Hey, i bought ff7 about 3 years ago, before it was on steam. i want to re-download it, but i can't as it just directs me to the "buy for steam" page. i tried the download link in the original email i was sent when i bought the copy, but it doesn't exist any more. can anyone help me??

also sorry if this is in the wrong place, i'm new to the forum and i don't know what goes where :S

seeamon
26th Jun 2015, 21:25
Go to https://store.eu.square-enix.com and log in there, then go to your orders and it should be available to download there.
I had the same problem the other day. As to why the don't provide proper links on your profile, or why they moved it to a new site, or why they've fragmented their services so much, who knows? It's ridiculously stupid is all I know.

Moriarty70
29th Oct 2015, 16:10
Go to https://store.eu.square-enix.com and log in there, then go to your orders and it should be available to download there.
I had the same problem the other day. As to why the don't provide proper links on your profile, or why they moved it to a new site, or why they've fragmented their services so much, who knows? It's ridiculously stupid is all I know.

One problem with that in the NA region at least. If you have an older account, like mine, it didn't migrate your purchases when the system switched over. I'm working with them to try to add it into my purchases since I still have my proof of purchases for this game. We'll see what happens.