PDA

View Full Version : MMR Rating calculation

Morigh
21st Feb 2015, 06:01
Checking the logs to see what my MMR currently sat at I noticed something odd when searching for it so i continued probing. I found it often makes leaps and bounds, in that it usually sits for me at around 1800 but any losing streak or winning streak pushes it rapidly in one direction in what seems to be only a few games so either the logs are not accurate as in they don't update each game in the log or these jumps just seem incredibly large when compared to the ranking systems of others where the change is usually in the 5-9s on a win/loss with similar players where winning a couple games doesn't thrust you out of your league.
I noticed at the end of a winning streak I was suddenly playing with people I had to carry as they were some sort of balancer for my inflated mmr and the losing streak repeats creating a cycle some people here may also have noticed.

The rankings i got from the logs are as follows.

Some are reasonable like 7 and 10, but 33 and 38 is a leap if i'm apparently playing against a team of equal skill.

Khalith
21st Feb 2015, 09:10
Yeah that MMR is weird looking at the logs and kind of confusing. I'm not an amazing player by any means and with a 57% win rate I'm at over 1700 last I checked, seems much higher than it should be TBH.

Sanguise23
23rd Feb 2015, 14:37
Yeah that MMR is weird looking at the logs and kind of confusing. I'm not an amazing player by any means and with a 57% win rate I'm at over 1700 last I checked, seems much higher than it should be TBH.

i was told im around 1200 with a 53% winrate