PDA

View Full Version : New AFK system?

Jallford
20th Feb 2015, 22:09
Just had a match where a player used a macro/something IRL to keep the 'move forward' key pressed down. The player did nothing other than run into a wall for the entire match both as a human and a vampire, creating a persistent 3 v 4 match which everyone ended up leaving. Unfortunately due to MMR there were no other lobbies or matches to go to.

As the player wasn't kicked and didn't have to press anything to enter the next match they've now gone onto another lobby, and it'll be the same 3 v 4 situation until they return to their computer (and they may have just gone to bed).

I know it'd cause more problems but should there be a system that requires you to attack another player to avoid being kicked? I've never seen this before, but it completely wrecked the match and isn't exactly hard for another cool fun person to replicate.

(I've reported the player but that won't help tonight)

TheDreamcrusher
23rd Feb 2015, 04:29
I'm ready for them, whenever you want to implement them. Have a lobby on US West (that I keep going into because it's never full) that's camped right now by a nonparticipating player that is doing something to keep from getting kicked for idling. Just goes AFK in a corner and dies over and over. Has 3 VAC bans already. Going 2 hours strong now.

SanitariumPr
23rd Feb 2015, 07:33
I'm ready for them, whenever you want to implement them. Have a lobby on US West (that I keep going into because it's never full) that's camped right now by a nonparticipating player that is doing something to keep from getting kicked for idling. Just goes AFK in a corner and dies over and over. Has 3 VAC bans already. Going 2 hours strong now.

I agree this on those that go "AFK" and cuddle in the corner.. but getting a Votekick system also opens the slippery slope towards it being used wrong. They would have to have it working well before dropping it in

Lomonop
23rd Feb 2015, 11:51
It could also be that the player had the desynching problem that is mentioned in this thread:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=152103

Although I would expect the player to notice after a few minutes and disconnect, so maybe he/she was indeed AFK.

Jallford
23rd Feb 2015, 15:31
It could also be that the player had the desynching problem that is mentioned in this thread:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=152103

Although I would expect the player to notice after a few minutes and disconnect, so maybe he/she was indeed AFK.

They wouldn't join the next lobby and continue into the next game if it was a tech issue.