PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: How to bolas

lolicatgirls
20th Feb 2015, 04:02
How far can they possibly go? what's the max range? Is it possible to latch sentinels from across the map?

SilentVirtue
20th Feb 2015, 04:21
I'm going to make a video guide on them soon, but their range is pretty much infinite, and yes, i do it multiple times on sentinels from long range

ApollosBow
20th Feb 2015, 06:49
Anything after medium range is pot luck for me, unless there standing still, but generally I save my Bolas for when I know I have the best chance to land them, i.e. someone attacking head on or rooftop camping (arch the aim over the edge of the rooftop since its more of a lob throw than bullet, and also sentinel coming in for kidnap).

Persiphas
20th Feb 2015, 13:14
Most of the time it is not a good choice to bola a target that is far away (except for Sentinels that try to bomb very obviously or if a vampire attacks a teammate and you want to rescue him. in both cases it is a good choice because the movement is predictable). Especially if you run poison bola since the long cooldown will make you regret every miss when the vampire initiate starts.

Nordikc
21st Feb 2015, 03:52
They have an ever so slight arc to them. I love to poisen bola just at the edge of a rooftop so it skims the top catching that hiding vamp. Works great with vamps that are low, gets the final blow.

Firehex
24th Feb 2015, 18:47
Agree with nordikc. It is the only reason to use poison bolas after their nerf...

Ghosthree3
25th Feb 2015, 13:31
Agree with nordikc. It is the only reason to use poison bolas after their nerf...

If you say so...

Firehex
25th Feb 2015, 21:30
Just compare - normal bola has 8 sec less cd and more 0,5 control time/ Only diffirence is 160 damage,which not even instant. Imho poison bola was nerfed too much.