PDA

View Full Version : In Game Interactions Bugging Out

Belleruth
19th Feb 2015, 17:47
I hope I have posted this in the right place, if not then please do notify me!

I am finding it very difficult to navigate the in-game interactions with objects. The menus will appear for a split second then disappear again. For example, when I was trying to use the laptop in Max's room, I had to spend about 10 minutes just trying to get the menu up! This is very frustrating because it means that I am spending forever trying to interact with things that should only take seconds!

If it makes any difference, These are the specs that I am running:
Packard Bell Laptop
EasyNote TK87
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB (3.68GB Usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I would love to get on with playing this game as what I have played so far has been fantastic :D

Grimoire
20th Feb 2015, 12:40
These links cover some interface problems:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/611696927917100603/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/1/611696927916602861/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYkkTUW8sPc&feature=youtu.be&t=6m00s

Have you checked that your mouse if functioning properly and does not double click or fail to keep the button depressed?

Belleruth
20th Feb 2015, 13:05
I understand how to work the game controls, the only reason I can't play the game is because these menus keep disappearing, some don't even appear at all! (for example, the one for Max's guitar). My mouse is definitely functioning properly, it works on everything else but just not this particular game!

This is very frustrating!

Would it help if I attempted to capture some footage of this happening?

julietxjules
20th Feb 2015, 19:31
My mouse is definitely functioning properly, it works on everything else but just not this particular game!

This is very frustrating!

Would it help if I attempted to capture some footage of this happening?

Hello Belleruth.

Reading your post and described problem, I was just wondering if you've tried to adjust the sensitivity of your mouse in the 'properties' tab?

The symptoms do indeed sound mouse related. I am wondering, is the mouse you use wireless or corded?

EDIT: Also, I noticed that you didn't give mention as to what OS is installed on your computer. There are known issues with mouse control when running certain types of games on Windows 8.1, it is also known that not all games suffer with this same issue.

Check to see if the game supports RAW INPUT directly from the mouse, if it does, then ENABLE it. This might resolve your issue.

Belleruth
21st Feb 2015, 11:20
Hi, thank you for replying :)

I have tried adjusting the sensitivity of my mouse and it didn't make any difference. The mouse I use is usually either the one inbuilt in my laptop (so the little touchpad one) or a corded mouse that is plugged into one of my USB ports on the right side of my laptop.

My OS is Windows 7 so I wouldn't expect any problems with Windows 8 to be on here.

How can I check to see if the game supports raw input from the mouse?

julietxjules
21st Feb 2015, 18:13
The raw input option - providing the game supports this feature - would normally be found in the game's menu/settings.

I don't play this game using a pc and have no idea whether or not the raw input is available.

Belleruth
22nd Feb 2015, 12:52
No, I don't think it is. I haven't seen an option for it at least. Could it be because I am doing something wrong?

I am up to the point in the first episode where Dana has left Max a sticky note saying that she has borrowed the flash drive, the only thing is that I can't seem to get back out of Max's dormitory, there is no option to leave!

Belleruth
22nd Feb 2015, 16:02
Okay, I think my Dad has now helped me figure out the problem.

Because I am running this game on a laptop which is simply not built for gaming, my graphics processing is not up to the standard that this game needs (or even anywhere close to it). Does anybody know if it would be possible for me to get a refund, seeing as I didn't know that my computer couldn't actually run this game?

julietxjules
22nd Feb 2015, 17:28
Okay, I think my Dad has now helped me figure out the problem.

Because I am running this game on a laptop which is simply not built for gaming, my graphics processing is not up to the standard that this game needs (or even anywhere close to it). Does anybody know if it would be possible for me to get a refund, seeing as I didn't know that my computer couldn't actually run this game?

Ah! Your graphics speed/processing was going to be my next question! Also, did you check the system requirements properly before purchasing the game?

As to the question of a refund, I am not sure what the legalities are with pc games (you will have to contact them directly) but usually, per end user agreement, a refund is not normally granted.

Belleruth
22nd Feb 2015, 17:34
No, I just assumed that this game would work, mainly because I don't really understand the inner workings of computers and System Requirements are a big load of nonsense to me!

I have asked on the Steam forums about refunds and the response seems to be overly negative so I think I will just take this as a lesson learned, if you haven't checked with Dad if you can run the game, don't buy it!!!

julietxjules
22nd Feb 2015, 18:15
Yes. You have learned something today.

As for advice in the future: Note books and smaller laptops, in general, do not have the processing power needed to run certain games unless they have a good, high quality graphics card. Desktop computers tend to be more powerful and they can be customised to suit requirement.

To be honest, I moved away from pc gaming years ago. There were always 'issues' with literally every game I tried to play; it was a veritable nightmare! These days it's playstation consoles - at least I know I will not have any issues. :)

Belleruth
22nd Feb 2015, 18:25
Thank you for your help and patience with my issues! Consider my lesson learned :)

I also have a PS4 but it's a shame that these kind of games (mainly ones on Steam and indie games) don't seem to be available on there! Makes me very envious of people with gaming computers!!!

julietxjules
22nd Feb 2015, 18:28
Thank you for your help and patience with my issues! Consider my lesson learned :)

I also have a PS4 but it's a shame that these kind of games (mainly ones on Steam and indie games) don't seem to be available on there! Makes me very envious of people with gaming computers!!!

Thank you :)

I'm only sorry I couldn't help to resolve the issue more than I have.

You have a PS4! Try and get round your dad to buy the game for you from the PS Store...I'm sure he will.

EDIT: Life is Strange is available on PS3 & PS4.

ScottBlows
23rd Feb 2015, 10:33

Hi Belleruth, have you made sure all your graphic drivers are up to date? It might help with some of the menu options

Belleruth
23rd Feb 2015, 20:59
Thank you :)

I'm only sorry I couldn't help to resolve the issue more than I have.

You have a PS4! Try and get round your dad to buy the game for you from the PS Store...I'm sure he will.

EDIT: Life is Strange is available on PS3 & PS4.

I have now looked on the PS store on my PS4 and Life is Strange doesn't appear to be on there? :/

julietxjules
24th Feb 2015, 06:49
I have now looked on the PS store on my PS4 and Life is Strange doesn't appear to be on there? :/

Well, I can tell you without fear of contradiction that "Life Is Strange" is available now on STEAM, Xbox, Playstation 3 & 4.

Either you are not looking in the right place, or, it may have to do with what country you live in? (I'm not sure if the game went global on release.)

I downloaded using a PS3, but I'm sure that the store can't vary that much between the two models.

Try entering "Life Is Strange" in the store's search engine - that should find it for you.

Grimoire
25th Feb 2015, 03:19
I receive the following search result on my PS4:

Life is Strange Episode 1
Life is Strange Complete Season

julietxjules
25th Feb 2015, 06:49
I receive the following search result on my PS4:

Oh good.

Thanks Grimoire. . .at least that is solid confirmation.

ps...I wish I could get hang of this quote thingy! :mad2:

Grimoire
26th Feb 2015, 15:22
To me it seems that you already have the hang of it. :)
(The reason why only half my post was quoted is because you cannot quote a quote. It's not your fault.)

julietxjules
26th Feb 2015, 16:39
To me it seems that you already have the hang of it. :)
(The reason why only half my post was quoted is because you cannot quote a quote. It's not your fault.)

Ah! I did not know that. . .but I do now. :)

It's been a while since I have used a forum such as this. I usually end up getting lost or confused at some point - as was the case with the quote option.

We live and learn.