PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES New pounce for Reaver.

HoppingBird
19th Feb 2015, 17:34
Before you read this note; THIS IS MY FIRST POST. this thread has been edited for the better

Ok, so I've made some major changes to this new pounce, I hope you like it!

The new pounce is called stealth pounce(man, that's a lame name) so again, the pounce is silent but you can still hear the growl and yes, you can still hold down shift to climb on wall. If the pounced target is under the given health a normal pounce is(like if you pounce a target with the default pounce and he dies, that means he was able to be kill by the stealth pounce), then you may execute them.

Now comes the changes, if the target is above the given health, you simply do 100 damage on impact and jump off the target when you land, No damage over time, no pin down.

With this ability, you can pick off weaker targets without the enemy knowing.

This ability has the longest recharge time out of all the other pounces with a recharge time of 15 seconds.

I hope you guys like the changes. peace out.

Sanguise23
19th Feb 2015, 18:26
meh, they will never have a one hit kill ability and from what your suggesting this would be (pinning them to the ground until dead is still one hit/ability kill), and i dont think it would really change things that much (other than the one hit kill thing)

Ygdrasel
19th Feb 2015, 20:21
I'm confused. What is this meant to solve? "A lot of crazy good players have joined and are carrying the team like they're 1 year olds who still cant walk..."

...So it's going to solve the issue of good players being...Good players? Or bad players being bad players? Nonsense.

Pounce already pins a target. An ability lasting until death is ridiculous. The word you're looking for is also...And this is a mess besides.

It's a pounce ability that does 80 impact damage then 50 DoT until death.

But you can climb walls during it.

It auto-executes and auto-feeds if the target is under a given health threshold

But if he's OVER a given threshold, he can hit a button that somehow deals 20% damage (20% of what?) despite him being pinned down.

And if attacked, you have to manually disengage the pin to react.

Frankly, this is a messy and garbled bunch of bleh that serves an unclear purpose and is also just plain missing vital information (again, 20% of what?). Reading the functionality of this ability was like putting together Ikea furniture with Chinese instructions. Never mind overpowered, it's just plain overly complicated.

HoopleDoople
19th Feb 2015, 20:52
Ignoring the specifics, the idea you have is a weaker Pounce with unlimited maximum duration. This quite simply would be very negative for the game.

The primary reason is that this ability would be ungodly overpowered when used by good players/teams, who don't need any more help as Vampires (imagine four Reavers landing it simultaneously). When used by bad players it would be significantly less useful than Pounce unless there was only one Human around - otherwise the target would be rapidly freed and only lightly injured. Bad players don't need to be encourage to use abilities that reduce their already limited effectiveness.

puff_ng
20th Feb 2015, 16:45
Ignoring the specifics, the idea you have is a weaker Pounce with unlimited maximum duration. This quite simply would be very negative for the game.

The primary reason is that this ability would be ungodly overpowered when used by good players/teams ...

Well I'm glad we sorted that out!

HoppingBird
21st Feb 2015, 00:19
Ok, I agree that my own idea is a bit messy,Op and ill be putting other idea's out there, so for now, since I cant find an edit or delete button(I'm new to this stuff), ignore this post.