PDA

View Full Version : The Vanguard - Out February 25 (UPDATED)

DunhamSmash
18th Feb 2015, 01:14
Hey everyone,

Since we first revealed the Vanguard last month (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/our-next-human-class-the-shield-bearer), he's had a name change and a couple of technical refinements, but today's the day he gets his important news of all -- a release date.

Starting next Tuesday, February 24, the "Drowning Men of Meridian" will be ready and available in Nosgoth via patch. Once downloaded, he can then be accessed in-game by unlocking him with a Class Artifact or the proper amount of Runestones.

For more information and other up-to-the-minute news for all things Nosgoth, keep your eyes peeled on our official Twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/nosgoth).

As always, we'd like to close our character release announcement post with the first reveal of the Vanguard's official poster art. Enjoy and see you Tuesday!

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/395/blog/20150117-vanguard.jpg

UPDATE:
Please note the release has been delayed slightly, and will be happening on February 25th (Wednesday). Thank you for your patience.

Khalith
18th Feb 2015, 02:39
Oh shi-

Gugulug5000
18th Feb 2015, 02:49
So is the skin featured in the art the new default skin? It was shown in game in the coming soon section, and now this, so it makes me think the default has been changed. I like it quite a bit more than the other one.

GenFeelGood
18th Feb 2015, 03:02
So is the skin featured in the art the new default skin? It was shown in game in the coming soon section, and now this, so it makes me think the default has been changed. I like it quite a bit more than the other one.

I think the one in the stream (Vanguard's Leathers) is the default, the one on display in the game was the Ravager's Helm and this one is the Mark of the Survivor (this is probably meant to mix it up and show off all the skins). While on the topic, which skin are you guys looking at? I am partial to the shield on the Mark of the Survivor; but I love the body on the Ravager's Helm. I think the Corsair's Jacket is the best overall in terms of body + shield.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/374/blog/shield-bearer-sbleathers.jpg
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/375/blog/shield-bearer-outlawshood.jpg
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/376/blog/shield-bearer-ravagershelm.jpg
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/377/blog/shield-bearer-corsairsjack.jpg
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/378/blog/shield-bearer-mots.jpg

Edit
Oh how I wish mix & match was possible with the shield and body.

Gugulug5000
18th Feb 2015, 03:13
I think the one in the stream (Vanguard's Leathers) is the default, the one on display in the game was the Ravager's Helm and this one is the Mark of the Survivor (this is probably meant to mix it up and show off all the skins).

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right. For some reason I thought they showed the same one twice. Seems a bit odd to do the poster art for an alt skin though, since the other classes have all used their defaults. As for the skins, my favorite is the Corsair's Jack as well, though I do I like the executioner style hood on Outlaw's Hood. They're all really good skins though, so it's hard to just pick one.

Khalith
18th Feb 2015, 03:31
Mark of the Survivor is the skin I want most, looks like a gladiator. Though the knightly style helm on the Ravager's is pretty cool.

Edit: Eric! If you see this, for the prestige skin for the Vanguard please give us a fully armored skin!

Psyonix_Eric
18th Feb 2015, 08:07
Edit: Eric! If you see this, for the prestige skin for the Vanguard please give us a fully armored skin!
I will keep it in mind. :)

chriZor
18th Feb 2015, 08:16
Nice! I hope the MM-Tweak is working aswell! http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151830&p=2106235#post2106235

Saikocat
18th Feb 2015, 10:35
The "Leathers" is still the default skin. What's pictured in the new art poster is the "Mark of the Survivor" armor, which is one of the alt armors (my personal favourite).

pidden
18th Feb 2015, 10:48
Awesome, gonna get the Corsairs Jack skin asap.. really liked that one

Vampmaster
18th Feb 2015, 11:07
Awesome, gonna get the Corsairs Jack skin asap.. really liked that one

^^Yep.

Valdoniis
18th Feb 2015, 13:02
Something I'm confused. As a class that will be called: Shield Bearer or Vanguard?

GenFeelGood
18th Feb 2015, 14:04
Something I'm confused. As a class that will be called: Shield Bearer or Vanguard?

Vanguard

ArcaneZ
18th Feb 2015, 15:35
Looks really good!

GenFeelGood
18th Feb 2015, 17:55
Any chance we can get the lore behind the skins?

MasterShuriko
19th Feb 2015, 01:13
Id still love this skin (shieldbearer hitting the vamp with the shield in the Jaw)

Ygdrasel
19th Feb 2015, 02:04
Any chance we can get the lore behind the skins?

Mmm, skin-specific lore...There's an idea.

Can't wait for the 24th.

MasterZtark
19th Feb 2015, 14:56
Thanks Jeremy, this is amazing news! Much sooner than I (and I assume most people) thought he would be out!

Outlaw's Hood is my favorite skin for him right now I think, although they are all very cool. I guess I'll have to actually see them in-game before I can decide haha, great work everyone!

GenFeelGood
20th Feb 2015, 20:31
Will the Class Warfare Video for the Vanguard come out before the class itself?

Orchal
24th Feb 2015, 15:39
Could you tell us the release daytime?

Saikocat
24th Feb 2015, 16:07
I have some quick news about the Vanguard release. We've run into a hiccup with getting the update out, so this has been delayed slightly. We'll share news here as soon as we can, on the release time for the Vanguard. The delay is a short one, but it means he's not coming out today (February 24th). More news as we have it!

I'll let you know as soon as we can confirm the specific time when the update will go ahead.

Will the Class Warfare Video for the Vanguard come out before the class itself?

The Class Warfare video won't come out before, but shortly after. We'll be getting that out as soon as we can :)

Cristari
24th Feb 2015, 16:59
I may have missed this somewhere as I am sure it has been discussed. Is Vanguard a lvl 30 unlock and obviously those at 30+ will have access to it straight away?

Zer0Fantasy
24th Feb 2015, 17:18
I have some quick news about the Vanguard release. We've run into a hiccup with getting the update out, so this has been delayed slightly. We'll share news here as soon as we can, on the release time for the Vanguard. The delay is a short one, but it means he's not coming out today (February 24th). More news as we have it!

I'll let you know as soon as we can confirm the specific time when the update will go ahead.

The Class Warfare video won't come out before, but shortly after. We'll be getting that out as soon as we can :)

Here is a question:
Could you guys promise us some more stuff and then just dont do it would be great because we love that a lot.

Thank you,

Orchal
24th Feb 2015, 17:21
I was really hoping for it today..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

Obisher
24th Feb 2015, 17:34
I may have missed this somewhere as I am sure it has been discussed. Is Vanguard a lvl 30 unlock and obviously those at 30+ will have access to it straight away?

When Summoner got released, everyone who was lvl30+ received 2 class unlock tokens. So yeah, you should have access to Vanguard.

VhalkenPawnch
24th Feb 2015, 17:37

It would've been more fair to the community if you had announced a delay yesterday, or the day before. Waiting until the last minute and then saying "Not today and we're so far from it we don't even have an estimate, yet somehow didn't see this coming until now" is just.... I don't know. Not very professional. I'm pretty de-hyped and just going to go play the 6.1 patch for WoW that DID come out today now.
I've seen this movie before.
Bleeeeehhhh.

ApollosBow
24th Feb 2015, 17:38
I was really hoping for it today..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

:D

Saikocat
24th Feb 2015, 17:39
Hi everyone!

I'm back with news!

I can confirm that the Vanguard game update has been pushed out to tomorrow (Feb 25th). We'll post here (and Tweet) in advance to let you know when we're going to hit maintenance mode, but it'll likely be very early afternoon GMT time.

Aggggh
24th Feb 2015, 17:41
It would've been more fair to the community if you had announced a delay yesterday, or the day before. Waiting until the last minute and then saying "Not today and we're so far from it we don't even have an estimate, yet somehow didn't see this coming until now" is just.... I don't know. Not very professional. I'm pretty de-hyped and just going to go play the 6.1 patch for WoW that DID come out today now.
Bleeeeehhhh.
They were most likely working on troubleshooting the problems right up until the last minute, thus not being able to say for certain that it would be delayed until now.

Saikocat
24th Feb 2015, 17:42
Bleeeeehhhh.

Ideally we would let everyone know in advance, but unfortunately it wasn't possible this time (late delay). In any case, he'll hit the game tomorrow, so you won't have long to wait now :)

Captain3009
24th Feb 2015, 17:52
okidoki, thx for the info.

Necro71
24th Feb 2015, 18:14
I don't care if we will have to wait for Vanguard for next month or longer, just please fix broken MMR, problems with party and spawn points in flashpoint.

Anyways plox carefully check everything this time, becouse with almost every new patch new problem appears and You guys at Psyonix don't even care to hotfix things (MMR screwed since 3rd february, spawnpoints since 19th of february, and i dont even remember date of when party did work as it suppose to) and make us wait forever.

Ygdrasel
24th Feb 2015, 18:21
Here is a question:
Could you guys promise us some more stuff and then just dont do it would be great because we love that a lot.

Thank you,

It's a one-day delay. Cry more.

plox

please

Necro71
24th Feb 2015, 18:31
It's a one-day delay. Cry more.

1 day delay is nothing, people overreacting about that. More important is to fix existing bugs that makes game hard to play instead of concentrating on more content right now.

please
Plix Plox Plax ?

SirRudyMan
24th Feb 2015, 19:07
Noooooooo! :(

I was really excited to play the new Vanguard class after work, now I have to wait another day :'(

Ygdrasel
24th Feb 2015, 22:07
1 day delay is nothing, people overreacting about that. More important is to fix existing bugs that makes game hard to play instead of concentrating on more content right now.

Absolutely. After Vanguard's out, I expect they'll need to buckle down on that stuff. But either way, sarcasm and entitlement is a very poor manner in which to communicate this.

I don't mind the postponement myself. I've had other things to get done today. XD

Saikocat
25th Feb 2015, 11:03
Hey folks

I posted a new thread here:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=152540

We'll be going down for maintenance in a while (hopefully between 12pm to 1pm GMT) and will be offline for a bit then to push out the game update. I'll keep that thread updated, and the patch notes will be posted once we hit maintenance mode.

JackFrost89
25th Feb 2015, 11:04
nice

ImFabulousChance
25th Feb 2015, 12:33
Everyone here is super happy for the release of new human class ( yah that's a good thing ) but the new scoreboard still made this game unplayble in competitive term...

XJadeDragoonX
25th Feb 2015, 14:22
Everyone here is super happy for the release of new human class ( yah that's a good thing ) but the new scoreboard still made this game unplayble in competitive term...

how is it unplayable? and please dont say because it doesnt show health. literally NO other game shows the health of the enemy players. Its not fair for anyone

Chudomir
25th Feb 2015, 16:24
Awesome!

Orchal
26th Feb 2015, 00:26
http://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=203665&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=The%20damage%20of%20these%20axes&text1=is%20just%20to%20damn%20high&text2=&text3=