PDA

View Full Version : Separate config files for different classes

zzott93
17th Feb 2015, 17:46
Hey guys, I have a suggestion about separate config files for every class. Such as in Valve's Team Fortress 2.

So that we can easily manage and change binds, mouse sensitivity and other settings for each class without having to change them ingame. When playing a class the game'd load the input from respective config file. If a file for a class is empty that'd make the game load settings from BCMPInput instead.

This'd increase the playability for advanced users. I for one dislike playing the same sensitivity on Reaver, Hunter, Alchemist and Sentinel since they all play very differently. There are also binds I'd like to switch around among all the classes.

Short examples.

Reaver.ini

MouseSensitivity=50.000000b
EnableMouseSmoothing=true
(Button="RightMouseButton",Action="SpecialAbility",TapTime=0.000000,PressCommand=,ReleaseCommand=,ControllerType=BCT_KeyboardMouse)

Hunter.ini

MouseSensitivity=25.000000b
bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
ButtonBindings=(Button="F",Action="SpecialAbility",TapTime=0.000000,PressCommand=,ReleaseCommand=,ControllerType=BCT_KeyboardMouse)
(Button="C",Action="MeleeAttack",TapTime=0.000000,PressCommand=,ReleaseCommand=,ControllerType=BCT_KeyboardMouse)

Yay or nay?