PDA

View Full Version : Prophet's Leech Life could do with less auto-aim

puff_ng
15th Feb 2015, 13:34
It's too generous imo.

You can't avoid it with prediction/dodge like you can with bola, knives, etc.

In pretty much every encounter you're guaranteed to lose 200HP.

--Ram--
15th Feb 2015, 14:10
There is no auto aim, the difference is life leech is hitscan rather than a projectile. You can't dodge it, people can only miss. I can't see why it is an issue either.

TendrilSavant
15th Feb 2015, 18:19
It's not quite Auto-aim and it's not so much Aim Assist, but all human hit-scan has a degree of correction. Meaning you're aim doesn't have to be dead center to hit.

The only abilities that are hit-scan are Mark Target and Leech Life, and if you look closely sometimes the linear visual effect they produce don't follow a straight line in front of you. This "degree of correction," or whatever it's called, isn't easy to spot on primary weapons but it is there. It's one of the reasons humans are so good at high skill levels, but that's a different discussion.

--Ram--
15th Feb 2015, 18:29
It's not quite Auto-aim and it's not so much Aim Assist, but all human hit-scan has a degree of correction. Meaning you're aim doesn't have to be dead center to hit.

The only abilities that are hit-scan are Mark Target and Leech Life, and if you look closely sometimes the linear visual effect they produce don't follow a straight line in front of you. This "degree of correction," or whatever it's called, isn't easy to spot on primary weapons but it is there. It's one of the reasons humans are so good at high skill levels, but that's a different discussion.

Perhaps I was wrong then.

Either way, it still isn't going to be dodged the same way as bola. I don't think removing this correction would make much difference and am fairly indifferent about it.

It is nowhere near as glaring an issue as the hit registration for vampire abilities and charge attacks.

PencileyePirate
15th Feb 2015, 19:50

I'm not sure this is true. Source?

Personally I'd like to see aim correction reduced/eliminated on Eldritch Guard. ATM when a Prophet perfectly aims guard toward a teammate in the distance and there's another teammate closer in proximity [but ~30 degrees away from the crosshair] it will hit the close teammate instead of the one being aimed at.

Razaiim
15th Feb 2015, 20:08
I'm not sure this is true. Source?

Personally I'd like to see aim correction reduced/eliminated on Eldritch Guard. ATM when a Prophet perfectly aims guard toward a teammate in the distance and there's another teammate closer in proximity [but ~30 degrees away from the crosshair] it will hit the close teammate instead of the one being aimed at.

Savant is right. Post is ancient but Corey said that while human weapons are hit scan, there are weak (un-noticeable) assist magnets that activate at range in the wrists, head and i think ankles to help humans hit at range, and compensate for the use of mesh collision instead of hitboxes. I'll post source when i find it.

Source: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8862&p=78492#post78492

Also yeah Guard has some wonky moments.

TendrilSavant
15th Feb 2015, 22:02
Thanks for posting the source Razaiim, I know Corey's mention it a couple times but it's been so long. Anyway, I uploaded a few clips for reference. They're taken in tutorial, but i doubt the guns/abilities are more accurate in there.

c1T2IbUnXf8
The second shot shows the aim correction at close range. Its gotten harder to judge which hits should miss now a days due to the fact that most people are using the melee+dodge cancel.

cpm8zAzLo68
Second and fifth shot are way of target but still hit.