PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving the Scout's Warbow

puff_ng
15th Feb 2015, 12:33
I mean, it's worse than the standard Compound Bow, but the satisfaction you get from knocking a Sentinel out of the sky half a map away at the start of the round in plain view of all your teammates ... priceless.

:)

Cristari
15th Feb 2015, 12:42
I hate the Warbow for that reason it seems a little OP for what it is but in the whole I suppose the abount of Stun a vampire can do when close up balances it out. Of course you need to get close up and the damage the Warbow does along with the stun is the part I find OP.

Now I prefer the Storm Bow over the Warbow as doing Damage to Vamps is more of a useful thing I don't mind them not being stunned at all since I can generally shoot at them more than a few times while they are still moving and I get the explosive tick on them after I have hit so Storm Bow wins it for me.

--Ram--
15th Feb 2015, 13:08
Now I prefer the Storm Bow over the Warbow as doing Damage to Vamps is more of a useful thing I don't mind them not being stunned at all since I can generally shoot at them more than a few times while they are still moving and I get the explosive tick on them after I have hit so Storm Bow wins it for me.

Dat sentence.

Storm bow has few upsides to counteract the damage delay imo. It is fun to watch things asplode though.

Ghosthree3
15th Feb 2015, 13:14
War bow is quite devastating if you get knocked down among the human team, you're pretty much dead.

ApollosBow
15th Feb 2015, 17:16
I think its a great weapon, but I hate it as a vampire soooooo much.....I do believe its unbalanced to still knock down a Tyrant when hes standing on the ground, I get when hes in the air sure, but I think when hes just standing that it should be more of a stun (simliar to whip or knives) since hes the biggest.

CPG_Tidus
15th Feb 2015, 19:02
warbow should be renamed sentinels bane

Razaiim
15th Feb 2015, 19:27
The thing with the warbow is to be really effective with it, you need better planning than just shooting asap. Nailing a sent in the air is only good if he hits the ground, otherwise he'll regen about 2/3 of the damage done, and you dropped him out of view so your teammates can't shoot.

You really need to wait until the vampire will land in the middle when you knockdown.

TheDreamcrusher
15th Feb 2015, 19:31
The warbow is in a good place. The charged shot knockdown opens up opportunities for the human team to possibly make a kill and the regular shot damage is nice and high, especially with Mark Target, to balance out the longer charge up time.

I've considered before that the charged shot effect should be changed to a stun like Throw Knives on the ground and the knockdown effect only occurs if a vampire is in the air. It's very strong against vampires trying to engage in melee. I'm fine with where it's at now though.

Cristari
15th Feb 2015, 21:21
I think its a great weapon, but I hate it as a vampire soooooo much.....I do believe its unbalanced to still knock down a Tyrant when hes standing on the ground, I get when hes in the air sure, but I think when hes just standing that it should be more of a stun (simliar to whip or knives) since hes the biggest.

IMO the Tyrant needs reworking anyway, he should be immune to knockback/stun and needs more HP.

--Ram--
15th Feb 2015, 22:38
IMO the Tyrant needs reworking anyway, he should be immune to knockback/stun and needs more HP.

See charge.

Cristari
16th Feb 2015, 10:04

See charge.

Yes but I am talking about a inherent ability not one tied to an attack, this is off topic anyway.

Warbow OP Stormbow rules! :P

NomzNomz
16th Feb 2015, 12:24
warbow should be renamed sentinels bane

*looks at name tags still unused. Grins*

I hate the stormbow more than the warbow. Purely because I think I'm safe then KABOOM! Goddamnit >:/