PDA

View Full Version : Level 50

Cristari
15th Feb 2015, 12:27
Can I ask why we got a level cap increase?

What is there at level 50 that needs the level to be increased from 40?

puff_ng
15th Feb 2015, 13:49
Gives players already at the cap a sense of progression when they play I suppose.

--Ram--
15th Feb 2015, 14:08
People like watching their shiny number increase.

Cristari
15th Feb 2015, 21:27
If that is it they could have left it at 40. I see no reason for increasing the level cap 'just because'.

--Ram--
15th Feb 2015, 22:34
If that is it they could have left it at 40. I see no reason for increasing the level cap 'just because'.

Many closed beta players have been at level 40 for hundreds of games. There isn't much of a reason no, but I don't see what harm it does either. 50 is a nice round number, and perhaps down the track there will be some aesthetic reward for reaching that point. Personally I do find I get some small enjoyment out of watching my level increase after games again.

Bazielim
15th Feb 2015, 23:45
As I understand it, there will be level cap increases as new classes and other content are released. The Summoner is part of the reason the cap went to 50

Cristari
16th Feb 2015, 09:33
As I understand it, there will be level cap increases as new classes and other content are released. The Summoner is part of the reason the cap went to 50
The Summoner is a reward for level 25 isn't it?

Vampmaster
16th Feb 2015, 09:44
We want prizes!

Cristari
16th Feb 2015, 09:58
We want prizes!

LOL Yeah kinda there needs to be a reason for levelling up to 50 or it really isn't worth it IMO. I'm not screaming for rewards I just don't see the point in moving the level cap at the moment unless! . . .

NomzNomz
16th Feb 2015, 12:21
There needs to be some kind of reward, a point to lv'ing. All the games I played with lv'ing had some reward! For instance the long-ago abandoned Global Agenda had dye, and cosmetic rewards at higher levels.

Ygdrasel
16th Feb 2015, 16:46
LOL Yeah kinda there needs to be a reason for levelling up to 50 or it really isn't worth it IMO. I'm not screaming for rewards I just don't see the point in moving the level cap at the moment unless! . . .

I'd say the enjoyment gained from playing is a fine reason. But the other reason is just that people like seeing the number increase. Even you.