PDA

View Full Version : Reaver's -50hp; still relevant?

Three_Pies
15th Feb 2015, 11:27
Simple thread; I would suggest that the Reaver should have his health returned back up to 1050. My reasoning behind this is twofold:

1) It just doesn't feel like it makes much sense. The only other class that has a subtraction from their HP is the Summoner, who is (a) Melcahim (and therefore meant to be more physically frail), and (b) a class with 'safer' options for damaging opponents, a wall of minions to hide behind for combat, and a shield. In comparison the Reaver has to put himself right in the firing line to do effective damage.

2) Has enough problems with at least one of his escapes being highly susceptible to explosive abilities (Evasion) and the other having a noticeable cast time, during which taking damage is inevitable (Shadow Step). It also makes Haste difficult to justify with such low health.

What are thoughts on this? Is it really still necessary for the descendants of the third son of Kain, known for their exquisite armour, to be 50 health weaker than most other vampires?

Ghosthree3
15th Feb 2015, 13:15
I didn't think Reavers were having a hard time right now myself.

ApollosBow
15th Feb 2015, 17:27
What are thoughts on this? Is it really still necessary for the descendants of the third son of Kain, known for their exquisite armour, to be 50 health weaker than most other vampires?

Im only concerned with the numbers in a psychological way (meaning, adjust health numbers and dps on classes so everything stays the same as now but looks correct according to the lore). I raised a thread on health stats recently to address numbers and how humans appear to have more health than vamps...and in terms of order to Kains blood I believe the reaver should not appear to be as weak as summoner. I understand that mathematically it all works, it doesnt match the lore of said strength and weakness of certain clans, however the dev team said this was on the list, but far down considering that its not that important.

Also consider using Leap attack and Haste, with Undying wisdom, leap someone, pop haste, do more damage, leap is back up - leap out...shadow or haze works with this loadout I find

Denaros
15th Feb 2015, 18:17
He is also the weakest in damages lol

tyran 225 and 450 fully charged
deceiver 205 and 410
sentinel 200 and 400
summoner 190 and 380
reaver 180 and 360

for me it looks like deceiver and reaver damages and health should be switched.