PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Lobby system

Cristari
13th Feb 2015, 20:13
When are we going to see some changes to the way the lobby operates There have been so many comments passed on it throughout Closed Beta and now into Open Beta.

When will you be adding a Ready up system, Kick Vote system, player pings, map vote, longer intermission times, etc it is so basic atm it is very very poor.

I know intermission times were dropped for Alpha and to speed up game play however there is hardly any time to have a talk unless people leave the lobby, Map voting would be excellent to allow us to play the maps we chose (I can understand atm there isn't a heck of a lot of maps but this is something I'd like to eventually see), player pings it would be nice to know if the game you are about to play is going to be full of laggy players or not especially since atm landing shots on laggy players is a matter of luck, a ready up system to say when players are ready to play this might negate the longer intermission time but if it is implemented and I sorely hope it is then we need a player kick voting system to remove afk players.

Now that the game is Open Beta and for all intent and purpose released to the general public I feel it is about time the lobby system got a make-over.

Ygdrasel
13th Feb 2015, 20:20
Longer intermission times, why? If you want to chat, Steam provides for that. The lobbies are for playing the game and a longer intermission interferes with that. Any chat in there needn't be longer than a minute at a time. Intermission isn't "Prolonged chat time!", it's "Go take a piss." time. And it only takes me half the intermission time.

Map voting would be garbage where every game is played on one or two maps. That's always how map voting works out in the end. It won't kill anybody to leave their comfort zones by playing The Fane once in a while instead of Valeholm for the thousandth time.

A ready system is good. A kick-vote system, maybe, provided its requirements are strict enough to prevent trolling and dumb abuse. No kicking players for not meeting your own personal standard for K/D or damage thresholds (I see that nonsense a lot in Valve titles).

--Ram--
13th Feb 2015, 20:25
Many of these things have been commented on by devs and are far from certain future additions.

1. Pretty sure vote kick would do more harm than good.
2. I remember seeing something about a map vote but I hardly see it as an issue with such a small map pool. The vote would lead to the same maps being chosen every time for no good reason.
3. I don't see why pings are needed in the lobby unless you need an excuse for losing to people with a handicap.

4. Ready up and extended intermission would be nice but the rest is largely unnecessary, there is no reason they should be a priority.

--Ram--
13th Feb 2015, 20:27
Longer intermission times, why?

You basically answered this question two lines after you asked it. The current intermission makes taking a leak a very rushed experience.

Ygdrasel
13th Feb 2015, 20:50
You basically answered this question two lines after you asked it. The current intermission makes taking a leak a very rushed experience.

Intermission's a full minute. Unless you've been keeping the floodgates closed a reeeeaaally long time, that seems a medical issue. o.O

--Ram--
13th Feb 2015, 20:54
Intermission's a full minute. Unless you've been keeping the floodgates closed a reeeeaaally long time, that seems a medical issue. o.O

A "full minute" including transport to and from the bathroom and washing hands is reaaaaallly not a very long time. I tend to get back while looking at my choose loadout screen.