PDA

View Full Version : Game Balancing Ideas

K1ll3rg3rb1l
13th Feb 2015, 16:44
Everyone asks for nerfs, or buffs and most people treat it as just bringing the current numbers up and down. a lot of times its not always so simple so i have come up with unique approaches to this need as more players poor into Nosgoth

1. Healing mist
- healing mist has to purposes in Nosgoth, healing u before the next fight and counter and engage with some sustain i.e. Reaver pounce, tyrant charge. well i feel the point of a healing station is to heal u after a fight or when in desperate need not healing mist. healing mist right now gives a totally of 450 from 75 per tick, thats almost half a life bar so heres my idea. as stated healing mist now does a total of 350 and gives 25% damage reduction making it a good counter engage sustain but not a healing station supplement

2. Shield bearers heal
- i have heard in the live steam they want to give shield bearer a heal and movement buff ability. as the same reasons above in healing mist i have my concerns so heres some suggestions to keep in balanced and give players some decisions to make at the same time. The heal and movement buff are both based on missing health however one gets weaker and the other gets stronger as u lose life. my idea is the heal gives 100-600 health based on missing health (why the number is so high is because as u gain life it will fall off automatically). and movement is 25-8% lets say (that will require testing).

3. cc damage abilities
- the vampires have a horrible habit of cc locking u with abilities and still dealing more than their melee attacks. the point of cc is to help ur team engage and help them get the advantage not help U deal damage and help U get the advantage, its a team thing. now why i say vampires is almost all of the human cc's can be counted with one of the f button abilities i.e. feel no pain, evasion, shadow dash, barrier, and the humans only really have a maximum of 3-4 to begin with that only deal so much and have thresholds of max damage before they are stopped anyway. and that's if u don't have a ability that just says "nope" in the first place like i stated above.

these are just some ideas and things to watch out for as they progress this game to a more polished and balanced concept

HoopleDoople
13th Feb 2015, 20:49
1. Healing mist
- healing mist has to purposes in Nosgoth, healing u before the next fight and counter and engage with some sustain i.e. Reaver pounce, tyrant charge. well i feel the point of a healing station is to heal u after a fight or when in desperate need not healing mist. healing mist right now gives a totally of 450 from 75 per tick, thats almost half a life bar so heres my idea. as stated healing mist now does a total of 350 and gives 25% damage reduction making it a good counter engage sustain but not a healing station supplement

I believe Healing Mist is in a very good place right now. During battle it isn't a huge asset, as grouping up on it makes your team an easy target for AoE attacks. You can still heal one Human only without increasing the damage your team takes, but it's hardly game changing to provide slow healing to one player. If the Humans win the battle decisively Healing Mist is an easy way to heal up - but then so are health stations. Thus to maximize the effectiveness of Healing Mist proper timing must be used to heal the team as much as possible during breaks in the action.

My only complaint is that Healing Mist makes it easier for Humans to camp in incredibly open map areas that are only semi-balanced by the lack of nearby health stations (see: Sommerdamm). However, the fix needed here is to the map itself.

3. cc damage abilities
- the vampires have a horrible habit of cc locking u with abilities and still dealing more than their melee attacks. the point of cc is to help ur team engage and help them get the advantage not help U deal damage and help U get the advantage, its a team thing. now why i say vampires is almost all of the human cc's can be counted with one of the f button abilities i.e. feel no pain, evasion, shadow dash, barrier, and the humans only really have a maximum of 3-4 to begin with that only deal so much and have thresholds of max damage before they are stopped anyway. and that's if u don't have a ability that just says "nope" in the first place like i stated above.

I'm not sure that I'm interpreting this correctly, but my best guess is that you're saying the Vampire's CC abilities deal too much damage. This is, however, not the case. Vampires may dominate at low skill level matches but they struggle in high skill matches. With better practice at avoiding the CC and proper teamwork (for example, spreading out slightly so one Charge won't hit the entire team) the Vampires become significantly less lethal.

Ygdrasel
13th Feb 2015, 21:04
My thoughts have been summarized more or less by Hoople but I thought I'd add: Giving balancing feedback on abilities that aren't even available to players for testing yet is really, truly, very silly.

K1ll3rg3rb1l
15th Feb 2015, 14:32
[QUOTE=HoopleDoople;2105321]I believe Healing Mist is in a very good place right now. During battle it isn't a huge asset, as grouping up on it makes your team an easy target for AoE attacks. You can still heal one Human only without increasing the damage your team takes, but it's hardly game changing to provide slow healing to one player. If the Humans win the battle decisively Healing Mist is an easy way to heal up - but then so are health stations. Thus to maximize the effectiveness of Healing Mist proper timing must be used to heal the team as much as possible during breaks in the action.

My only complaint is that Healing Mist makes it easier for Humans to camp in incredibly open map areas that are only semi-balanced by the lack of nearby health stations (see: Sommerdamm). However, the fix needed here is to the map itself.

you just disagreed and then supported what i was trying to do. the point of dropping heal is as i said to stop it from being a healing station supplement. making so u have to move from healing station to healing station as the game is intended to be played. i just didn't want in to be completely pointless in a team fight so i gave it DR to make up for the lack of heals so it still is viable when a Reaver pounce or Tyrant charge happen.