PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Clan 'Evolved' Skins – The Summoner of Clan Melchahim

Saikocat
13th Feb 2015, 13:45
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/vampire-clan-evolved-skins-the-summoner-of-clan-melchahim

In a blog update last week (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/vampire-clan-evolved-skins-the-deceiver-of-clan-zephonim/), we released the concept art for our upcoming Deceiver of Clan Zephonim Evolved Skin. The response to the art has been fantastic, and we can't wait to release this skin! We can now also reveal the concept art for the upcoming Evolved skin for the Summoner class.

As with our previous Evolved skins, the designs were done in collaboration with Legacy of Kain luminary Daniel Cabuco, and depict a mid-way point between the Vampires you encounter (and play as) in Nosgoth​, and the fully devolved state you see them as during Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, with the art itself done by our talented Psyonix artists.

The current Vampire Evolved skins (for the Reaver, Tyrant and Sentinel) can be unlocked in-game by reaching level 25 on each class, or can be purchased through the in-game store. A release date for the Deceiver and Summoner skins hasn't been announced yet, but we expect these to hit the game around late March.

To accompany the art, we have some background information written by Daniel himself, sharing some insight into the skin's design...

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/394/blog/summon-devo.jpg (http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/394/blog_large/summon-devo.jpg?1423753582)

"The Summoners of Melchiah believed themselves to be unstoppable. They were the most numerous of all the vampires, and welcomed the chance to spread their influence across the land. Then a bizarre affliction began to sweep through their ranks: a rot of the flesh, causing their skin, muscle and bones to fail. Feeding would not abate the effect, and soon they began to grow desperate, nearly falling upon each other. It was then Melchiah's discovery was made known. They could bind the flesh, the limbs, the bones of others to themselves, and not only regain the functions they previously had, but also absorb some the strength and endurance of their victims. Immediately the Melchahim sought to improve their attributes, tearing their victims apart after feeding to stitch and sew the trophies of their kills to their bodies. Some would do it to gain grotesque advantage in combat, others to improve their beauty. Among their clan it became fashionable to have many different skins, piercings, and markings to show their tenacity and invulnerability. Body modification became a way to show off their indifference to pain, to strike terror into their enemies and help spread tales of what would happen to a victim's corpse after it was fed upon. And even though the rot would still afflict them eventually, there was no shortage of body parts among their enemies to stave off the phage. Other clans would mock them as having the 'poorest gift' among the vampires, but the Summoners knew differently. They could improve themselves constantly and without end, they could cheat death with every stitch, and replace the damage of fire, acid, or sunlight. They would never stagnate, never know the boredom of eternity that could drive some mad. They have become truly unstoppable."

We hope you enjoyed this early look at what the skin will look like. We'll share more news and screenshots closer to the release date!

Khalith
13th Feb 2015, 14:44
That's awesome. I think it looks just how it should, love the shoulderpads as well. :D I definitely want this one.

MasterZtark
13th Feb 2015, 14:52
Fantastic work! I love it and can't wait to see her when she's done!!

GenFeelGood
13th Feb 2015, 14:55
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

She is incredible, the Deceiver may have just lost the title of most gruesome looking vampire; and I enjoyed ever sentence of that lore, Bravo Daniel!

Sanguise23
13th Feb 2015, 14:56
like this one also, however not nearly as awesome as the deceiver one (which may be my fav)

GenFeelGood
13th Feb 2015, 14:59
I just noticed the clan symbol is sitting like a tramp stamp, I LOVE IT!

shinros
13th Feb 2015, 15:01
After reading Daniel's background if the Zephonim and Melchahim did not have the soul corruption issue they could of possibly ended up as the strongest clan. Which is kinda sad considering how they were pretty much the first to go insane.

Sanguise23
13th Feb 2015, 15:07
After reading Daniel's background if the Zephonim and Melchahim did not have the soul corruption issue they could of possibly ended up as the strongest clan. Which is kinda sad considering how they were pretty much the first to go insane.

i love how the weaker clans did crazy stuff to try to get an advantage, i totally agree with you

shinros
13th Feb 2015, 15:10
i love how the weaker clans did crazy stuff to try to get an advantage, i totally agree with you

Yeah, considering how far they went to get that power it would make sense they got more awesome results compared to the other clans. Hell after reading the Melchahim background it would be a scary thought of them becoming and physically strong as a Turelim lol.

Well onto the skin what I quite like is that the flegeling skins they are quite covered up since you know they look pretty monstrous heck her face does not look that "female" ish but the evolved skin? They are flashing their body like its pure artwork showing off her female frame and face.

I like that it captures the vanity aspect of the clan well and I would be scared to fight them since they tear you to pieces for body parts after they fed on you. Plus they can STILL res you as a vampire which is even more scary.

Sanguise23
13th Feb 2015, 15:58
Yeah, considering how far they went to get that power it would make sense they got more awesome results compared to the other clans. Hell after reading the Melchahim background it would be a scary thought of them becoming and physically strong as a Turelim lol.
. not sure they get that much stronger so much as there no longer weakened from there decomposition

ApollosBow
13th Feb 2015, 17:16
Great work, flesh might stand to be paler though given its torn from a dead body and crafted to a walking corpse.

Ygdrasel
13th Feb 2015, 18:48
Great work, flesh might stand to be paler though given its torn from a dead body and crafted to a walking corpse.

Having recently seen an actual (naturally preserved, mind) body dug out of its resting place, the skin on this fine monster here is, color-wise, reminiscent of a long-entombed corpse. And the Melchaim do reside in a necropolis - a massive cemetary - so it seems fine that they'd use the flesh available there.

FearGhoul
13th Feb 2015, 19:14
Is Cabuco enjoying the chance to go back to the Nosgoth art style? This looks awesome. It's really like seeing how Soul Reaver was probably meant to have looked.

Ygdrasel
13th Feb 2015, 19:37
Is Cabuco enjoying the chance to go back to the Nosgoth art style? This looks awesome. It's really like seeing how Soul Reaver was probably meant to have looked.

I think seeing that would be quite a bit more nightmarish...My kingdom for a remake... :(

GenFeelGood
13th Feb 2015, 21:57
Bound in human flesh, filled with human blood, and is capable of conjuring evil spirits & demons, she is a walking necronomicon.

shinros
13th Feb 2015, 22:57
Bound in human flesh, filled with human blood, and is capable of conjuring evil spirits & demons, she is a walking necronomicon.

I can imagine during the civil war when the clans thought to attack the Melchahim because they are the "weakest" I bet they got quite a surprise.

Ygdrasel
13th Feb 2015, 23:08
I can imagine during the civil war when the clans thought to attack the Melchahim because they are the "weakest" I bet they got quite a surprise.

Turelim soldiers break open the doors. Summoners wave from atop a cliff as armies of ghouls sweep over the intruders. :eek:

DesolatedMaggot
14th Feb 2015, 02:39
Love it. Needs a more prominent clan insignia though, the wee melchahim tramp stamp ain't cuttin' it for me. :P

GenFeelGood
14th Feb 2015, 03:11
Turelim soldiers break open the doors. Summoners wave from atop a cliff as armies of ghouls sweep over the intruders. :eek:

Some Tyrants hold their own while others get overwhelmed by the horde. They think the battle is theirs until the night sky becomes lit with abyssal bolts that blankets the battle field before ending in a massive explosion that leaves nothing but charred remains.

LegacyOfKayn
14th Feb 2015, 09:23
They look kinda of what i expected,great skin but they look somewhat...cat-like,i still think that a male would've looked better,but overall i love it,great work:D

Gugulug5000
14th Feb 2015, 10:00
Love it. Needs a more prominent clan insignia though, the wee melchahim tramp stamp ain't cuttin' it for me. :P

There's also one between her boobs that's a little less noticeable.

GonarTrvig
14th Feb 2015, 19:45
Hot dammit! She looks totally awesome! People who worked on it managed to make her true to what will Melchahim become by Soul Reaver, yet looking badass as Hell. Love it! *_*

If Deceiver and Summoner evolved skins are looking so nice I can't wait to see how will look Rahabims already once they make it into the game <3

lucinvampire
15th Feb 2015, 19:19
SQQQQQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! :D
She looks so amazing!!! :thumb: love her!
Really can't wait for the Summoner and Deceiver skins in game - it's gonna be sooooo coool :D

NomzNomz
16th Feb 2015, 12:15
Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the evolved summoner. Its the hair style.. Just don't like it ^^

Varulven
16th Feb 2015, 17:46
Its the hair style.. Just don't like it ^^

Not feminine enough? :D
I really like the undercut-ish hairstyle!

Ygdrasel
16th Feb 2015, 18:03
Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the evolved summoner. Its the hair style.. Just don't like it ^^

...The hair style is one very small (literally - she's close to bald) element of the skin, yet enough to make you not a fan of the whole?

Well then. I'm curious what style you'd give her now. Melchaim Mullet? xD

Me, aside from the current thing (which I don't mind), I'd go with patchwork dreads or something. Like, the decay's caused follicles to rot so their hair grows in long but kind of random and patchy. So in their vanity they bind up what they can into sporadic dreads to make it at least kind of presentable as a style. It'd add a nice extra detail of "We're gross, decaying, and look like your nightmares - but damn it, we're still trying to look okay!".

I can't find an exact visual to match my mental image but something akin to this, only more unevenly positioned and tied up into long locks. (http://i.imgur.com/j9LsJ.jpg) (Fun fact: That's my old Skyrim character. Apparently he's easy to find in Google Images XD)