PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Mismatching, longer wait times after update and quitting issues

Creaturegirl
13th Feb 2015, 09:07
I've played this game enough to get to lvl 15 recently, and I have played the normal death match rounds more than a few times to know that the difficulty is clearly higher than in new recruit. However, ever since this latest update it has not only taken much longer to even find a match (I'll get to that) but when you ARE matched up, more often than not it is with a group that is a much higher or lower skill rank than you and your teammates. I know I'm not imagining it because other players from both sides have expressed extreme agitation to the point of quitting mid-game on more than 50% of the matches I've played today.

I'm familiar with people quitting, but again. There's been a HUGE spike of people quitting, and my half way decent playing skills go from amazing, to hopelessly-dead-before-I-take a-step-forward. The rating system is now somehow atrociously worse. "It doesn't even feel like the same game anymore." Said one of the players on the other team. And they're right. I almost quit the game myself because all of the fun vanished from the gameplay. I make it a habit to stay in a match till the end even if I'm losing horribly for the sake of practicing decent gamer etiquette.

As for the wait times. I'd rather be waiting in a lobby to chat with people than at the match making screen. I timed an average SHORTEST wait time of 10-15 minutes to get into a match. And I've waited as long as an hour before turning back to my computer after taking care of other things, only to realize that it was still looking. Then I simply closed the game instead of letting it waste any more of my time. Next time this happens, I'm going to record it as proof to show that I'm not exaggerating.

I hate to say this, but I'd rather play this game with the update pulled back until things get fixed. I believe others will agree as well. Because as it is, I'm seeing the developers lose a lot of players if this issue doesn't get at least a temporary remedy soon.

Ghosthree3
13th Feb 2015, 09:12
Fun has increased by a factor of 100 since the patch for me. You know, now that I can actually play the game. Match making isn't perfect but it's not horrible, and more importantly, I'm allowed to play again.

Creaturegirl
13th Feb 2015, 09:33
Fun has increased by a factor of 100 since the patch for me. You know, now that I can actually play the game. Match making isn't perfect but it's not horrible, and more importantly, I'm allowed to play again.

How so? Your comments are a little too vague. Okay, you say it's more fun. But why is that so? What made the game unplayable for you before? What prevented you? Why is it more fun?

The very last match I had was indeed more fun, but that was when we were more appropriately matched up with similarly skilled players. And only after four previous matches with a completely different group of people where the opposite team outmatched us to the point of getting stomped into oblivion and we only got 2 kills out of sheer determination and luck before the other team hit the 30 mark. It wasn't like my team was clueless on how to play either.

Ghosthree3
13th Feb 2015, 09:59
But why is that so?
I can actually get into a game.

What made the game unplayable for you before?
I couldn't get into a game.

What prevented you?
Nazi MM system.

Why is it more fun?
I'm playing.

EDIT: I may have to take it back though, I was playing a lot earlier today but now I've been in queue for over 30 minutes, at 9PM.

Creaturegirl
14th Feb 2015, 04:05
Oh no! I was wondering why we would both have completely opposite reactions to the update, but it now sounds like you are experiencing what I was getting last night.

I also notice that the "bustling queue system" will come in spurts or waves of activity before falling completely dead. So I also understand why you would think the former. It recently has become more of a dead zone with fewer jolts of activity. I haven't played yet today, but the theme I'm noticing is that I've gotten the most play sessions late at night when I should be sleeping instead of gaming lol.