PDA

View Full Version : A few suggestions from a literature student

Cathedralist
12th Feb 2015, 15:25
Hi there, I hope everyone gets his victims and scores his arrows. Name is Sanchez in game and after a while I decided to give my opinion about the recent patch and the new class and also a few things in my mind that might be or not useful. So for the start I'm quoting the statement of the patch about the Summoner class and below it there are the rest of things I have mentioned. :p

"This is an initial set of balance changes based on feedback and observation. We are still exploring options to encourage Summoners to engage with their pets rather than sit on rooftops."

I think if you guys at dev want to see people not on rooftops change the HP and attack damage of Ghouls and Slayer and a better mod of controlling the pets and with more variety like defensive summons and offensive ones as well as a buff for the Summoner when she spawns Ghouls/Slayer as long as they are still alive.

The other issue I want to talk comes from my own background(English Literature student).
Since I started to play this game, I had a feeling about an empty spot, a missing part about the game and that is game modes... I feel like this game needs other modes like:
1.a.Find the key: In this mode Vampires try to get the keys from Humans but there is one key actually among them and until that player is killed there won't be another key and if the player with the key dies round resets. This is round based mode and if a Human/Vampire dies in that round it should wait for the next round and there is a timer(2 or 3 minutes) for each round.

1.b.Arena: In this mode players from each team choose to step into the arena(yes they jump down to the pit from a place not so on height). Both of the players can choose to play any race/class they want.(team based not race based mode). and fight a 1 vs 1 fight to the end in a pit with other players watching them. The atmosphere around the Arena should be covered with people chanting and shouting from distance and some screaming.

2. Gems on skills: certain gems which can be dropped in game or bought from shop which can be put in the skills which has slots on them to give them unique effects like fire gem to add a damage over time or lightning to damage and amplify damage for a short period with proc chance of course.

3. Challenges: The challenges section divided into 2 categories: 1. Daily challenges 2. General challenges
in Daily challenges special challenges which is randomly given each day and fulfilling them will reward as exp/coins
and General challenges are consist of much more long term kind of challenges which can be achieved in a long term and with great prizes.

4.Special class: each character can choose 1 class from each race and focus on them with more passives as they level that class like: 1% more health, 1% more damage, 3% faster reloads and etc in certain level points just like the current class rewarding system which applies per 5 level.

5.Critical hits: aiming arrows to head and vital areas can proc critical or higher damage than hitting lower bodies and for Vampires attacking from behind or charging attack can proc it.

6. Lifesteal perk for Vampires( attacks have a % of the damage leeched as life) and for Humans their range weapons can trigger a mini knock back/interruption when hit on upper body section.

7. Multi Kill announcer: for each race there can be a announcer shouting different phrases according to the streak of the player.(for example: for a vampire streak a much demonic bold voice shouting a RAMPAGE! or Wicked! would be cool and for Humans a much glorified voice saying things like Diving Blessings! or Inquisitor!).

8. Special skill cooldowns icon above the character: this is for teammates to know other teammates and their status for better communication.

9. In the maps with more night themes which mostly they are the element of weather could be applied like heavy rains blurring the vision/Lightning Thunders illuminating the entire map and also heavy winds that might actually affect the Sprinting/Leaping speed.

Feel free to suggest and give your opinion about these points. Would like to know your ideas people. :wave:

RainaAudron
12th Feb 2015, 16:00
2. Gems on skills: certain gems which can be dropped in game or bought from shop which can be put in the skills which has slots on them to give them unique effects like fire gem to add a damage over time or lightning to damage and amplify damage for a short period with proc chance of course.
Mysterious weapons/abilities already fulfill this function (cosmetic only).

5.Critical hits: aiming arrows to head and vital areas can proc critical or higher damage than hitting lower bodies and for Vampires attacking from behind or charging attack can proc it.

I think this was turned down.

9. In the maps with more night themes which mostly they are the element of weather could be applied like heavy rains blurring the vision/Lightning Thunders illuminating the entire map and also heavy winds that might actually affect the Sprinting/Leaping speed.
There canĀ“t be heavy rain because it would kill the vampires instantly.

7. Multi Kill announcer: for each race there can be a announcer shouting different phrases according to the streak of the player.
I am against this as it does not really fit the seriousness of the game.

There is a thread about the game modes here. (forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=11341&page=16)

Ygdrasel
12th Feb 2015, 16:01
Hi there, I hope everyone gets his victims and scores his arrows. Name is Sanchez in game and after a while I decided to give my opinion about the recent patch and the new class and also a few things in my mind that might be or not useful. So for the start I'm quoting the statement of the patch about the Summoner class and below it there are the rest of things I have mentioned. :p

"This is an initial set of balance changes based on feedback and observation. We are still exploring options to encourage Summoners to engage with their pets rather than sit on rooftops."

I think if you guys at dev want to see people not on rooftops change the HP and attack damage of Ghouls and Slayer and a better mod of controlling the pets and with more variety like defensive summons and offensive ones as well as a buff for the Summoner when she spawns Ghouls/Slayer as long as they are still alive.

The other issue I want to talk comes from my own background(English Literature student).
Since I started to play this game, I had a feeling about an empty spot, a missing part about the game and that is game modes... I feel like this game needs other modes like:
1.a.Find the key: In this mode Vampires try to get the keys from Humans but there is one key actually among them and until that player is killed there won't be another key and if the player with the key dies round resets. This is round based mode and if a Human/Vampire dies in that round it should wait for the next round and there is a timer(2 or 3 minutes) for each round.

1.b.Arena: In this mode players from each team choose to step into the arena(yes they jump down to the pit from a place not so on height). Both of the players can choose to play any race/class they want.(team based not race based mode). and fight a 1 vs 1 fight to the end in a pit with other players watching them. The atmosphere around the Arena should be covered with people chanting and shouting from distance and some screaming.

3. Challenges: The challenges section divided into 2 categories: 1. Daily challenges 2. General challenges
in Daily challenges special challenges which is randomly given each day and fulfilling them will reward as exp/coins
and General challenges are consist of much more long term kind of challenges which can be achieved in a long term and with great prizes.

4.Special class: each character can choose 1 class from each race and focus on them with more passives as they level that class like: 1% more health, 1% more damage, 3% faster reloads and etc in certain level points just like the current class rewarding system which applies per 5 level.

6. Lifesteal perk for Vampires( attacks have a % of the damage leeched as life) and for Humans their range weapons can trigger a mini knock back/interruption when hit on upper body section.

7. Multi Kill announcer: for each race there can be a announcer shouting different phrases according to the streak of the player.(for example: for a vampire streak a much demonic bold voice shouting a RAMPAGE! or Wicked! would be cool and for Humans a much glorified voice saying things like Diving Blessings! or Inquisitor!).

8. Special skill cooldowns icon above the character: this is for teammates to know other teammates and their status for better communication.

Feel free to suggest and give your opinion about these points. Would like to know your ideas people. :wave:

0: Your status as a literature student means nothing. I am confused as to why you mention it.

1a: Why would vampires need keys? The general concept isn't bad but...Why keys?

1b: The Turelim did have a fighting pit so there's a space for it. But it would need to be race-based.That's the game.

2: Want DoT? Use a DoT skill. This is just silly.

3: Without examples, feedback on this is limited.

4: Eh..Ambivalent, leaning toward no.

5: If all vamps get a boost attacking from behind, what worth is Backstab?

6: No. Period.

7: ...Goofy, cheesy, not for Nosgoth.

8: Too many icons is clutter and clutter is distracting. And frankly, decent teams seem to coordinate quite fine enough as-is.

9: Varying weather or something would be a neat detail to the maps but I would want it purely aesthetic, not affecting gameplay. But rain couldn't be a part of it.

Cathedralist
13th Feb 2015, 04:38
I have mentioned my literature background cause I wanted to state that I didn't played this game so much but I have kinda read a heap of Gothic novels which is kind of relevant to the Nosgoth. hmm your answers are all true, I accept that. Thanks in advance for reply

I realized that I need to read the whole lore of this game as I have missed the Kain game from my teenager times but please can you provide me with a link to a lore section or booklet or novel involved with Nosgoth and it's history? and thanks you.

GenFeelGood
13th Feb 2015, 04:52
I realized that I need to read the whole lore of this game as I have missed the Kain game from my teenager times but please can you provide me with a link to a lore section or booklet or novel involved with Nosgoth and it's history? and thanks you.

For lore to read, relating to this game
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/page/4?tag=story

For videos to watch, regarding relevant material for this game AND the Legacy of Kain series. I'd recommend this
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13252

RainaAudron
13th Feb 2015, 14:39
The most important sources:
http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_of_Kain_Wiki
http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/
http://www.thelostworlds.net/
http://nosgoth.net

Ygdrasel
13th Feb 2015, 17:37
I have mentioned my literature background cause I wanted to state that I didn't played this game so much but I have kinda read a heap of Gothic novels which is kind of relevant to the Nosgoth. hmm your answers are all true, I accept that. Thanks in advance for reply

I would just recommend playing the games. :P And you're welcome.