PDA

View Full Version : Icy Death / Tomb of Hoarfrost challenge issue (braziers)

DexterXBA
10th Feb 2015, 14:49
Hi, has anyone managed to beat the "Light all the braziers in the Tomb of Hoarfrost" challenge from the Icy Death Pack DLC? I've played through this tomb now 5 times and I've looked in every corner & even used the fire MPs throughout the playthroughs to make sure every brazier is light. But no matter what I always end up with 49 or 50 out of the 51 required braziers... this is really getting frustrating :/
Are there any easy to miss braziers? Any tips would be appreciated.

P.S.: Is it true that I need to complete the DLC challenges as well in order to unlock the "Tomb Raider" (Complete all challenges) achievement on Xbox One?

MaxRaider
11th Feb 2015, 04:42
I am in the same situation. I've only gotten 49 out of 51 every time. As for the achievement, I am not sure.

DexterXBA
11th Feb 2015, 12:58
I finally found all of them :). The ones I kept missing were the bowls that are on top of these golden grappling hook rings. I didn't know that these could be lit up. There are 2 of them in the game, one near the fireball on the huge ice field where you have to put the ball in the cage and the second one is in front of the area with the 3 ice fields and the time-bomb, head right up the stairs and jump to the right (the hook is used to collect a munition upgrade if I remember correctly). Perhaps these were the ones you've been missing as well. Hope that helps.

DexterXBA
11th Feb 2015, 14:09
And this video is pretty helpful as well:

http://youtu.be/5UhJPc3NAvU

Treeble
11th Feb 2015, 19:31
the second one is in front of the area with the 3 ice fields and the time-bomb, head right up the stairs and jump to the right (the hook is used to collect a munition upgrade if I remember correctly).

I AM NOT 100% SURE, but when I played co-op with a friend we also ended up with 50 all the time. From what he said, though, one of these do not show up while in co-op (you have to attach the grapple to the other player instead), so maybe this is one challenge that can't be completed in co-op.

DexterXBA
11th Feb 2015, 20:53
I AM NOT 100% SURE, but when I played co-op with a friend we also ended up with 50 all the time. From what he said, though, one of these do not show up while in co-op (you have to attach the grapple to the other player instead), so maybe this is one challenge that can't be completed in co-op.

Yes that's possible, I didn't think of that. Thanks for the info :)

This is the one I was refering to (right handside):

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150211/svr2oi5m.png

Treeble
13th Feb 2015, 00:48
We might have been wrong, unless there is another brazier right by the one on the right corner in the picture above, it's just shuffled around to make room for the button:

http://abload.de/img/hoarfrostlucasliedskrko.jpg

a_big_house
13th Feb 2015, 10:02
^ I do wonder what the point of that area is for, cause there was nothing there when I first played?

DexterXBA
13th Feb 2015, 11:10
We might have been wrong, unless there is another brazier right by the one on the right corner in the picture above, it's just shuffled around to make room for the button:

Ah ok then we've been wrong because there isn't another brazier next to the one with the grappling hook ring.
That was still the one I've been missing though.

@a_big_house I'm pretty sure that there is a munition upgrade in this area

LadyLC
13th Feb 2015, 13:01
P.S.: Is it true that I need to complete the DLC challenges as well in order to unlock the "Tomb Raider" (Complete all challenges) achievement on Xbox One?I got the Tomb Raider achievement before I even had the Twisted Gears dlc, so, no :D

DexterXBA
13th Feb 2015, 18:07
I got the Tomb Raider achievement before I even had the Twisted Gears dlc, so, no :D

Thanks. I just found it out on my own as well :D and I had both DLCs installed but the Tomb Raider achievement unlocked before I had completed all the challenges in the DLCs.