PDA

View Full Version : Hit detection and how certain abilities function

HIJINKS_84
9th Feb 2015, 20:57
I have noticed this more with the vampires but hit detection can be really horrible at times. no its not a connection issue i made sure of it. one example is when i am chasing down a human is walking away from in a straight line and multiple slashes just go right though the character model and causing no damage, which in turn causes me to die because i am receiving damage from them. its very frustrating to deal with. as for how abilities function i am not sure some of them are proper in my opinion. for instance the pounce ability, you just jumped an enemy knocking him to the ground and slash away at them but yet they have the exact same recover from the attack as you do if not better. that kind of doesn't make sense. players should be rewarded for getting knocked down like this. you should always have the upper hand if you manages to land an attack like this.

Ygdrasel
9th Feb 2015, 21:17
players should be rewarded for getting knocked down like this. you should always have the upper hand if you manages to land an attack like this.

The first part is wrong. Full stop.

And you do have the upper hand if you land a Pounce. They can't move. You're clawing at them. Upper hand.

Unrelated: Capitalization is a thing.

Khalith
9th Feb 2015, 23:01
Reaver is strong enough already, if the opponent was stunned in the time it took the reaver to get right on top of them again after a pounce? That would be absurdly OP.