PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Issue

KaboomKrusader
9th Feb 2015, 19:31
As of sometime last week, I have been blocked from commenting on any of Square-Enix USA's Facebook posts or photos, and my past comments were even retroactively deleted. Evidently someone didn't appreciate my frequent and entirely deserved determination to point out Square-Enix's inadequacies and responsibilities in localizing new entries in the Dragon Quest series outside of Japan.

Obviously this is unacceptable. I've done nothing to merit such harsh and presumably permanent retribution for being little more than an annoyance (and a justified one at that). Who do I contact, and how, to get this fixed?

This company's reputation is bad enough already. It REEAAALLY doesn't need someone going around professing how Square-Enix blocked him on Facebook for speaking his mind.

Grimoire
9th Feb 2015, 21:40
Contacting customer support (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=612&la=2) should be a good start.

KaboomKrusader
9th Feb 2015, 22:49
I did. Made a phone call this afternoon along with making this thread. There wasn't much they can do, because the "community team" is separate from Tech/Account Support. Asking about it here on the forum was their best recommendation.

Basically, while also trying to contact Facebook, I need to track down whoever's job it is to handle S-E's Facebook page and get this crap sorted out. No way is someone getting away with blocking me for pointing out the truth about DQ.

Grimoire
9th Feb 2015, 23:54
Are you still able to post comments on the official blog (http://na.square-enix.com/)? That might be the best way to contact the community team directly.

Driber
10th Feb 2015, 00:06
I have a hard time believing you were blocked simply for being critical. If you've been "pointing out" things on the FB page the same way you've worded some of your posts on this forum (that ended up being deleted - for good reason) then I don't think this way of going about it is going to get you unblocked.

KaboomKrusader
10th Feb 2015, 01:09
Are you still able to post comments on the official blog (http://na.square-enix.com/)? That might be the best way to contact the community team directly.

Yes, though from the looks of it, those posts go just as ignored as ones made anywhere else.

I have a hard time believing you were blocked simply for being critical. If you've been "pointing out" things on the FB page the same way you've worded some of your posts on this forum (that ended up being deleted - for good reason) then I don't think this way of going about it is going to get you unblocked.

I remain as tactful and polite as is warranted. My criticism and harshness is 100% justified, but more importantly is directed towards the company and its decisions as a whole, not any individuals. You don't see me calling out or insulting Wada himself or anything.

If Square-Enix USA as a larger entity wants my respect, they can have it in exchange for some 3DS Dragon Quest games. I've long exhausted the patience to do things any other way.

Anyhoo, I need to get in touch with whoever actually makes this call. Some more research may be in order.

KaboomKrusader
17th Feb 2015, 00:48
So it's been a week since I made this thread, and I'm still blocked from commenting on S-E's posts on Facebook, which means someone hasn't done their job.

Is "someone" going to get in contact with the Facebook staff, or would you rather give me the names and contact info of some higher-up bosses so THEY can sort it out?

WinterSoldierLTE
17th Feb 2015, 10:42
Have you looked on the Squenix website for a customer support number or e-mail address?

KaboomKrusader
17th Feb 2015, 17:10
Yes, didn't help. The phone rep told me that the support staff and "community" staff are different teams, and I should use the forums and/or the blog to get in touch with the latter.

KaboomKrusader
25th Feb 2015, 21:02
Still waiting.

Someone needs to either get in touch with whoever's in charge of the Facebook page, or give me an email address or phone number to do it myself.

KaboomKrusader
4th Mar 2015, 23:35
Another week has gone by. Still waiting.

KaboomKrusader
14th Mar 2015, 18:21
Aaaaand STILL waiting. Anybody feel like doing their jobs, or what?

Driber
14th Mar 2015, 21:48
Doesn't look like they are going to unblock you. Might want to think about moving on.

KaboomKrusader
15th Mar 2015, 01:25
Doesn't look like they are going to unblock you. Might want to think about moving on.

Have you been in contact with the individual or team responsible for Facebook? Did they tell you that?

Driber
15th Mar 2015, 10:08
Have you been in contact with the individual or team responsible for Facebook? Did they tell you that?

No. Just using common sense.

Spyhopping
15th Mar 2015, 11:57
Before I more or less got rid of Facebook, I used to have control over the global Thief Facebook page. There was an awful lot of content popping up on the pages around release, and some of it was abusive/inappropriate. Sadly you had to be pretty tough on people if you wanted to keep the page clean. It would probably take a while of trawling through names to find yours and unblock it, so unfortunately it probably won't happen.

KaboomKrusader
15th Mar 2015, 17:13
No.
Then sorry, but I'm not interested in what you have to say.

It would probably take a while of trawling through names to find yours and unblock it, so unfortunately it probably won't happen.
So who do I get in touch with and how to MAKE the trawling happen?

Because I can tell you I'm not going to drop the issue until the problem is fixed.

WinterSoldierLTE
15th Mar 2015, 18:25
Look, I mean no offense here mate, but you're coming off as being very overly aggressive about something that probably isn't worth being overly aggressive about in the eyes of whoever is in charge of the FB page. I'm not saying you are overly aggressive about it, but it comes across as you being overly aggressive. Things like "I'm not interested in what you have to say." and "Aaaaand STILL waiting. Anybody feel like doing their jobs, or what?" probably aren't going to help much.

Just giving a bit of advice is all. Again, no offense. I can understand your frustration if the banning is unwarranted.

KaboomKrusader
15th Mar 2015, 21:45
Square-Enix has earned my ire and aggression, whether I express it intentionally or not. While on the contrary, I did not earn being blocked from the Facebook page. It's clear who's in the wrong here.

If nothing ever comes of it, then at least maybe I'll break some sort of record for the most posts in a thread by a single member, and it will stick out like a sore thumb and rightly remain as a mark on S-E's already bad fan-treatment reputation.

WinterSoldierLTE
15th Mar 2015, 23:31
Fair enough. But if you're so upset, why do you even want to get on their Facebook? If they've upset you that much why not just ignore them? I've found that people who give you that sort of treatment generally deserve the same.

KaboomKrusader
15th Mar 2015, 23:48
To resume what I was doing before: Reminding them they've got a growing backlog of Dragon Quest games to localize, to at least ensure they can't get away with saying, "we didn't think anyone wanted them."

Driber
16th Mar 2015, 09:57
I think WS made a good point about your behaviour, and the way you just dismissed it (and even tried to justify your unfair aggressive approach) I think exemplifies why you've been banned from FB. Look, mate, I'm not trying to be condescending here, but I think you should really re-think your strategy. It obviously isn't working for you. You know, catch more flies with honey and all that.

Because I can tell you I'm not going to drop the issue until the problem is fixed.

If nothing ever comes of it, then at least maybe I'll break some sort of record for the most posts in a thread by a single member, and it will stick out like a sore thumb and rightly remain as a mark on S-E's already bad fan-treatment reputation.

Well if you'll spam our forums like that, you could get banned here as well.

Just thought I'd give you a fair warning of what to expect, so you won't end up complaining that you were banned here unfairly and for no reason, too.

KaboomKrusader
16th Mar 2015, 12:26
I am justified in everything I've said here. Entirely so. I've spent years being nice and polite, and it's gotten me jack squat. If Square-Enix's people can't handle some moderately sharp but wholly deserved criticism (and guess what? There's nothing wrong with publicly criticizing a company's decisions!), then that's their problem, not mine. If I get banned for fairly calling them out on their shortcomings and neglect, it's a blemish on their image, not mine.

Like I said before, if S-E wants my respect, or even just for me to leave them alone, they can have it in exchange for some localized 3DS Dragon Quest games. At the core, that's all I've ever really wanted out of any of this. The more I get put down or ignored as a result, the worse Square-Enix will look for it in the end. "Devoted Dragon Quest fan passionately campaigns for localizations on Square-Enix USA's social media, gets blocked and banned." Yeah, THAT will look really good.

Well if you'll spam our forums like that, you could get banned here as well.
One post every week or so isn't spam. If I DO get banned for that... well, again, it'll only be a stain on S-E, not on me. There are 3 potential outcomes.

1) I keep posting, but nothing ever comes of it.
2) Square-Enix's "community team" member responsible for my blocking is made aware of their mistake and corrects it.
3) I get banned for speaking up, I make it public knowledge, and Square-Enix's reputation gets even worse than it already is.

I have nothing to lose here.

Driber
16th Mar 2015, 13:48
Sorry mate, but I think you're delusional and I completely disagree with most things you wrote in that last post. Only thing I would agree with is that there's nothing inherently wrong with being critical. But that's never been an issue anyway - it's all about how one goes about it. I don't care if you think you're justified in your ways, but there's definitely a right way and a wrong way of doing things. And not getting what you want is no justification, either. That's all I have to say about it.

As for spam - if this thread ends up filled with pages of you bumping and just taking potshots, you can bet that one of our staffers will eventually close it. And if you then make new threads doing the same, there's a good chance you'll be banned for violating TOU rule #16. It's as simple as that.

KaboomKrusader
16th Mar 2015, 14:33
Think whatever you want about me personally, but I'm not attacking anyone, asking for anything unfair, or breaking any rules. If this thread gets locked, I won't make another one. I'll just link to this one when I want to show people how Square-Enix treats its "fans."

This whole situation can only make Square-Enix look worse, even though it would be so easy to fix. But as more and more time goes on, I just get the feeling that nobody wants to, because nobody at this company apparently cares how they treat people.

Driber
16th Mar 2015, 15:14
If you won't be breaking any forum rules like you said, then we won't have a problem and you won't be banned :)

Sure, please go ahead and link to this thread if it does end up closed. That way people can see for themselves what actually happened, instead of just reading one-sided "I was silenced for just speaking up" sensationalism.

KaboomKrusader
9th Apr 2015, 04:14
Haven't forgotten.

Still waiting.