PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Gender Skins

Slunko
9th Feb 2015, 19:05
I'm not sure if this was allready posted, but here it goes; my feedback:

I'd be willing (and I think many other people) to pay for skins that would let me have an alternate gender on my most played classes, mainly alchemist and summoner, so I'd suggest trying to make that happen in the future if the game is to be funded on cosmetic microtransactions.

Just my 2 cents on the matter. Thank you for your time.

GenFeelGood
9th Feb 2015, 19:09
I'd rather wait and let the alternative genders come in the form of new classes from the clans and factions.

Every skin available for a class is built on the same body frame, imagine what it would look like if you made a Tyrant like a female or an alchemist like a male.

Cristari
9th Feb 2015, 19:47
Scary thought Female Tyrant! :whistle:

Ygdrasel
9th Feb 2015, 20:10
The Alchemist faction is called The Red Sisters. They are an exclusively female sect.

Future classes can be juggle various sexes around. Summoner threw vamps for a loop by being female.

But just skins...They'd be all the same model. Like Gen says, that would just look odd. A female Tyrant as monstrous and bulky as that...

Varulven
9th Feb 2015, 22:08
It would be great if they would create an opposite gender skin set for every class (except alchemist).
You have 2 loadouts each class (example: Tyrant 0, Tyrant1), so why not having a male and a female each class (again: except Alchemist)?
I know it's a bunch of work, but you devs would make us players soooo happy! :flowers:

Ygdrasel
9th Feb 2015, 22:16
It would be great if they would create an opposite gender skin set for every class (except alchemist).
You have 2 loadouts each class (example: Tyrant 0, Tyrant1), so why not having a male and a female each class (again: except Alchemist)?
I know it's a bunch of work, but you devs would make us players soooo happy! :flowers:

What would a female skin look like?

Khalith
9th Feb 2015, 22:59
Psyonix has already adressed this point specifically, I don't feel like dredging up the old post that contains the info so I will tell you the gist of it.

1. All the classes will be released first before considering alternative versions of existing ones.
2. They are hesitant on doing an alternative gender, mainly because of the issue of silhouette. It is critical in a game of this kind that you be able to tell what your enemy is at a glance and what they're doing, alternate versions might mess with that too much.
3. Once all the classes are out and if the demand is still there, Psyonix has said they will consider it.

Hope this helps. =)

GenFeelGood
9th Feb 2015, 23:07
In truth, I only picture the vampire clans having classes of the opposite sex. The human factions like the Red Sisters, and the Seers, seem like they are made up of a single gender. Look at the new human faction, Drowned Men. I don't picture women working alongside these guys.

Varulven
10th Feb 2015, 02:18
What would a female skin look like?

What do you mean?
I don't understand your question *scratches head*

Ghosthree3
10th Feb 2015, 04:16
I think this is a waste of resources. Just mix it up for new classes and that's it.

Ygdrasel
10th Feb 2015, 06:39
What do you mean?
I don't understand your question *scratches head*

What would, say, the female Tyrant look like as opposed to the male? The idea of alternate gender skins is out there, now pitch a hypothetical design for such a skin.

Vampmaster
10th Feb 2015, 10:47
Maybe a female Turelim would look something like a less cartoonish Alya from Darksiders 2:
http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Alya

Hmm, maybe lose the giant pants and boots.

RainaAudron
10th Feb 2015, 12:11
What would, say, the female Tyrant look like as opposed to the male? The idea of alternate gender skins is out there, now pitch a hypothetical design for such a skin.

Somebody did this on Steam forums, scary thought... xDDD

lucinvampire
10th Feb 2015, 12:55
I’d really love alternative genders for the clans (except Alchemist). I’d be amazing and they can charge for these like skins – more money :p I know I'd pay for them! :D

Scary thought Female Tyrant! :whistle:

I’d LOVE to see this...

...but maybe not if it was this :p

:lol: You just nearly killed me with laugher with this one – thank you Raina you made my day! :D

Varulven
10th Feb 2015, 19:04

Hmm, maybe I could draw a sketch... but it would be pointless. The dev team haz their own designers ;)

Cristari
10th Feb 2015, 20:21
I’d really love alternative genders for the clans (except Alchemist). I’d be amazing and they can charge for these like skins – more money :p I know I'd pay for them! :D

Age old adage. I'd rather spend my whole day gaming staring at a female butt than a male butt!

Varulven
10th Feb 2015, 20:29
Age old adage. I'd rather spend my whole day gaming staring at a female butt than a male butt!

Me prefers the male butt ;)
But it's not about that.

Ygdrasel
10th Feb 2015, 22:45
Maybe a female Turelim would look something like a less cartoonish Alya from Darksiders 2:
http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Alya

Hmm, maybe lose the giant pants and boots.

That'd be weird. That skin is thinner than the Tyrant model.

@Cristari: That "adage" is only seriously quoted by idiots.

Vampmaster
11th Feb 2015, 00:27
That'd be weird. That skin is thinner than the Tyrant model.

@Cristari: That "adage" is only seriously quoted by idiots.

So, you'd expect a huge obese woman? The stomach size on the male ones was purely Psyonix's artistic liscence anyway (Although I guess a few of them would look that way if they just happen to overindulge) and wasn't part of the canon from the previous games.

Ygdrasel
11th Feb 2015, 00:35
So, you'd expect a huge obese woman? The stomach size on the male ones was purely Psyonix's artistic liscence anyway (Although I guess a few of them would look that way if they just happen to overindulge) and wasn't part of the canon from the previous games.

...No. I'd expect a skin that would actually fit the model. The suggestion here is alternative skins, yes?

I'm also pretty sure the current Tyrants are nothing even kind of sort of slightly maybe just a little remotely approaching "obese"...

Ygdrasel
11th Feb 2015, 00:35

...Hello, tonight's nightmare...*shudder*

shinros
11th Feb 2015, 00:43
We have seen a female Turelim remember the crucible map? There is a statue of a female Turelim.

Vampmaster
11th Feb 2015, 00:51
...No. I'd expect a skin that would actually fit the model. The suggestion here is alternative skins, yes?

I'm also pretty sure the current Tyrants are nothing even kind of sort of slightly maybe just a little remotely approaching "obese"...

Oh, you mean the exact same skeleton? The developers have already said that wouldn't work, since men and women have differently shaped skeletons and if they were to do gender varients it would need whole new rigs and animations.

Creaturegirl
13th Feb 2015, 08:30
I noticed that you put emphasis on two of the three female classes to have an alternative (male) gender skin, ignoring the 'most played classes part'. What about male hunters, reavers or, oh yes, tyrants getting female skins too? If you're going to ask for male skins you may as well ask for female skins too. Female tyrants don't have to look like the hulk with boobs necessarily (which I am assuming is what ya'll are thinking with your reactions lol), I'm sure all you guys wouldn't mind the visual appeal of an amazonian wonder woman-esque female tyrant.

I'm sure that if the current skins sell well, and there's enough interest generated that would warrant them going through the effort of making new models to fit the alternate gender skins for purchase. Then I'm sure they would be more than happy to appeal to our interests.

miffy141
13th Feb 2015, 15:06
2. They are hesitant on doing an alternative gender, mainly because of the issue of silhouette. It is critical in a game of this kind that you be able to tell what your enemy is at a glance and what they're doing, alternate versions might mess with that too much.

This is the main reason I personally do not want to see a gender change option(at least not at the moment).Also I don't think you need much more then skin options that are already apart of the game, but something that would be nice is getting some skins for hard to earn achievements or something along those lines.