PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Changing the evolved razielim skin aka. Sentinel

Gamblore101
9th Feb 2015, 11:52
I have a problem with how the evolved razielim/sentinel's skin colour looks like a normal human and not like a vampire. For me personally and MANY of my friends hate the skin because of the skin colour, the rest of the armour is awesome but the skin colour just ruins it really. We thought it out and we suggest that you change the skin colour to a pale white which is what most vampires are like. Me and many others would appreciate it a lot if you could change the skin colour to a pale white rather than what it is now we think it would look much cooler and it would be rewarding for me and many others too use when I reach the level to get it. :) :thumb:

Ygdrasel
9th Feb 2015, 17:49
...It is a pale white.

Vampmaster
9th Feb 2015, 18:06
...It is a pale white.

The wings aren't though, they're black and red. The problem is that some people will have gotten attached to them the way they are. I'd like some colour variants on all the evolved skins with the Lv 25 reward being changed to an evolved skin token so you can pick the variant, however Psyonix have a lot of content stacked up and haven't said how long they'd be able to keep going, so I'd rather them get all six clans in first.

Ygdrasel
9th Feb 2015, 18:26
The wings aren't though, they're black and red.

...Okay. OP made zero mention of wings though. He was going on about skin which in the context of his post seems to refer not to the wings but to the face (it being the only other skin that's really visible).

"change the skin colour to a pale white which is what most vampires are like." - Most vampires don't have wings, so this comes across as talking about some other skin. Unless we're talking about the Ancients as "most vampires" but they are depicted in murals with black wings, not pale white. Also "most" vampires had feathery wings yet there's no urging to revise that detail for the Sentinel.

Of course, he could be wanting their wings to be recolored more like Raziel's...But the expression of such is unclear if so. I wouldn't expect their wings to be quite as pristine as Raziel's were though, considering their...Rather extreme ordeals.

Color variants are a fine idea. After the remaining clans and evolved skins.

Vampmaster
9th Feb 2015, 19:32
I was just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, since the facial colour of evolved sentinel is pretty obvious. I figured Perhaps Gamblore101 might have meant the wings should match his normal skin colour, like Raziels did.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/5/54/SR1-Character-RazielVampire-Full.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120229145954

Also, only pre-curse/from-birth vampires were blue with feathered wings. The ones turned from humans had human coloured skin except it was pale from staying out of the sun and lack of blood flow or something. Really old ones did evolve as per Vorador, and he never got the blue skin and feathers. All vampires in Nosgoth's era inherited their traits from the lieutenants who sired them. Kain wasn't connected to the original vampires by blood, but resurrected with Necromancy. Since by the end of Blood Omen, Kain was the only vampire left, any created since then are decended from him and his lieutenants.

Cristari
9th Feb 2015, 19:45
If the skin was to change to look more like Raziel form Soul Reaver then I would be willing to play Sentinal to level it up for that other than that I'm sure he will languish under level 10 forever.

Khalith
9th Feb 2015, 23:03
Only change I would have liked to see on the sentinel evolved skin is no mask. Besides that the skin is good as is.

Ygdrasel
10th Feb 2015, 01:46
Only change I would have liked to see on the sentinel evolved skin is no mask. Besides that the skin is good as is.

Yeah, not a big fan of the mask at all. It works on the Zephonim. Not so much here.

GenFeelGood
10th Feb 2015, 01:53
Imagine his face (still scarred to a degree, from shedding the chitin) having some semblance to Raziel's face.

Gamblore101
10th Feb 2015, 08:26
Well I don't know but the skin colour on his face looks like normal skin to me its not pale when I inspect it and same as my friends :/ I don't know if its a glitch or not but I just didn't like it like that. I love everything about the rest of the skin it's just the skin colour put me off because it didn't look vampiresque I guess.

Kootkha
10th Feb 2015, 08:50
It looks normal only in armory, while playing u can notice it's pale white or even gray.

Ygdrasel
10th Feb 2015, 09:12
Well I don't know but the skin colour on his face looks like normal skin to me its not pale when I inspect it and same as my friends :/ I don't know if its a glitch or not but I just didn't like it like that. I love everything about the rest of the skin it's just the skin colour put me off because it didn't look vampiresque I guess.

It's pretty pale. It's got color, it's not like they're ghosts...But it's quite clearly pale color. Nearly as pale as Raziel's, though we only see Raziel's vampire form in one scene with very particular lighting...And if it's a bit more human-ish than the boss man, well, they are younger vampires.

Vampmaster
10th Feb 2015, 10:45
@Gamblore101, if you're comparing with the Reavers, maybe it's because they have white facepaint along with the dark parts.

-Easp-
10th Feb 2015, 11:29
If the skin was to change to look more like Raziel form Soul Reaver then I would be willing to play Sentinal to level it up for that other than that I'm sure he will languish under level 10 forever.

Pretty childish reason not to play a great class.

My thoughts on evolved senti are that due to their prolonged ordeal that they should of devolved even quicker than the others, making them even more monstrous than they are now.

Just remember all the Razielim elders were murdered and only fresh fledglings were all that survived. It took centuries to evolve to the elder state that the evolved skins are at.

This will be unpopular because "No I want to be Raziel fffff ugly sentinal it's NOT FAAIIRRR!!"

Vampmaster
10th Feb 2015, 11:59
According to the original developers, the vampires descended from the Lieutenant with the most of Kain's soul were able to resist the curse for longer. As I understand it Nosgoth's developers got this the wrong way around at first and used Janos blood starved devolution to correct the mistake. Sure, Janos is a lot more powerful than the Razielim, but recovered very quickly, so the Razielim shouldn't take too much longer than him. There's two types of devolution in play here. One quick and temporary and the other slow and permanent. The evolved skin is closet to what the Razielim should be at this point.

Ygdrasel
10th Feb 2015, 22:52
Pretty childish reason not to play a great class.

My thoughts on evolved senti are that due to their prolonged ordeal that they should of devolved even quicker than the others, making them even more monstrous than they are now.

Just remember all the Razielim elders were murdered and only fresh fledglings were all that survived. It took centuries to evolve to the elder state that the evolved skins are at.

This will be unpopular because "No I want to be Raziel fffff ugly sentinal it's NOT FAAIIRRR!!"

Reality: It will be unpopular because it makes no sense.

The Razielim degenerated into blood-starved monstrosities. Their "evolution" from that point was mostly repairing that degeneration, hence their current forms. It's not an "elder state" as much as the state they were in before being trapped and starved in a vault.

The devolution isn't about how much ordeal they've gone through. The corruption lies in their souls.

Gamblore101
11th Feb 2015, 07:29
Alright so according to some of the people here its just looks like normal skin in the armoury but in game its pale so thanks for telling me guys . And imo i don't think the sentinel skin should be changed at all to a completely different one, i only had a problem with the skin colour which is resolved for me :)