PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Abilities

eagle011
8th Feb 2015, 16:59
we could add some abilities for humans like enrage like the vampires but no health decrease and why don't the humans jump? why there isn't a jumping ability and a back stab like the deciver and i have an idea for the sheild bearer class i think it must have an ability where he can make a sheild in a radius i think 500 or 300 the sheild will be like you know magical and has a circulated shape the humans also can shot from this sheild. what do think of these ideas?

Ygdrasel
8th Feb 2015, 17:15
Enrage, but no health decrease? ...Isn't Enrage the one that boosts power as health decreases, adding risk of death as a tradeoff for the strength? So you want humans to be able to just inexplicably hulk out without risk? ...There are no steroids in Nosgoth.

There is a back stab. The deceiver has it. Humans don't jump because they climb stairs. It also might wreak some havoc with things like Kidnap and Pounce. The Shield Bearer clearly carries a physical shield and nothing in their backstory hints at any particular penchant for magic so that's just nonsense.

My thoughts:

- "[Vampire ability] but for humans!" is the least creative and most uninteresting way to develop new abilities. Do not confuse balance with homogeneity.

- Inappropriate within design and lore context (the inexplicable magic shield)

-Not thought through or elaborated enough. "Let humans jump!" is all well and good but what purpose would that serve that isn't already served by other means?

'You could avoid attacks!' - Dodge roll, side step, various restraining and CC abilities that would far outperform a mere hop.

'You could cover more travel distance!' - Sprint.

'You could move from lower to higher areas of the map and vice-versa!' - Stairs. They were designed for a reason.

Khalith
8th Feb 2015, 20:48
Humans definitely should not be able to jump, humans being able to bunny hop all over the place would look completely ridiculous, it's bad enough that vamps have to do the melee + roll cancel thing. Bunny hopping would just make things worse.

Ghosthree3
9th Feb 2015, 03:07
Humans definitely should not be able to jump, humans being able to bunny hop all over the place would look completely ridiculous, it's bad enough that vamps have to do the melee + roll cancel thing. Bunny hopping would just make things worse.
I don't think you know what bunny hopping is. Bunny hopping/strafe jumping was an exploit in the physics engine of some older games that involved jumping.

Adding jumping to this game wouldn't allow you to do that, odds are it would actually be extremely detrimental to you as a human to use in combat as it slows you down and makes your movement predictable. The only time it would be useful is to hop up onto or over slightly raised objects. Adding it to this game would honestly make next to no difference, there's really no point in adding it.