PDA

View Full Version : Controller vamp camera

Neksis
8th Feb 2015, 12:28
I love playing this game with a controller. However the only downside to this is that when playing a vampire, the camera is free roam(not sure if that's what u call it). This makes it very hard to hit anything with melee attacks as the camera spins around your character if your not careful. I would like to suggest that the camera style for controllers be changed to the fixed vamp camera like Kb/m has. Or at least give us the option to change camera styles. At the moment I feel like controller players have a disadvantage when playing vamps. ( I do at least lol)

Vampmaster
8th Feb 2015, 12:35
It should be on a toggle or an align-while-button-held option. I like the free view for walking around, but the special attacks always seem to go in the wrong direction.

*In before the "how dare you use a gamepad" comments.

Neksis
8th Feb 2015, 20:55
It should be on a toggle or an align-while-button-held option. I like the free view for walking around, but the special attacks always seem to go in the wrong direction.

*In before the "how dare you use a gamepad" comments.
Yes a toggle feature would be nice. Giving the players an option between free and fixed shouldn't be that big of a change. Iv missed countless attacks because if the free view camera. It's just not the right choice for this type of precision gameplay. I know it's been asked for sense closed beta, but I'm not sure how the devs stand on the topic. I would love a response from Psyonix about this. I love this game, but I feel like I have to play kb/m just to be effective.

Neksis
16th Feb 2015, 12:17
I still feel this is a important issue for some players and would like to see a response by a dev.

Bazielim
21st Feb 2015, 14:56
Not a dev, but I support this.

A recent playtest on the same computer with a friend made it hit home just how bad this issue is and it feels like it may actually have gotten a little worse than it used to be.

With a mouse the character goes the direction the camera is facing and you can adjust in the middle of a combo, so if the target moves you can turn with them.
With a controller however you just go in a straight line even if you turn the camera mid move, so to effectively attack as a vampire you have to attack once, stop, turn, attack, stop, turn. It really does make you a lot less effective, regardless of your aiming prowess.