PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Some thoughts...

LorenCole
8th Feb 2015, 12:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpMhMfnTuQ

When a year ago I've seen this trailer, I was one of the few LoK fans that I know to be actually happy about a competitive/coop multiplayer in the world of Nosgoth.

Don't get me wrong, I knew that I couldn't expect a story driven multiplayer game. There were many games that in this days have claimed to be that way (First of all The Old Republic, Titanfall, the multiplayer part of Mass Effect 3...), but at the same time I had an optimistic view about this game. The lore of Nosgoth is so full of potentialities that I thought that somewhat could have been emerged during the development of the game.

2:39 of the Alpha trailer: "This isn't a fight of good versus evil, there are no heroes in Nosgoth, and humans are just vicious and deadly as the vampire"

Why you're saying that? Sure, a LoK fan knows that in this universe humans are not good as you can think, but in this game, without a proper story introduction, humans are just fighting for freedom, for eradicate a decaying race that has enslaved them all.

I don't mind the blog you have done for every class, they're done well, but it's not enough goddammit!

This game needs a story, it's craving for a story. Every map you make, every class you make it's demanding itself a damned story IN THE GAME.

You're pushing on the point that there's a war between humans and vampires, but you can't see results. I mean, okay, humans wins a match in Valeholm. So what? What has become of that city? it's just a series of endless battle for the exat same place for all the thuosand years of spam until Soul Reaver?

Vampires ha s reconquered the Fane. And so? What my role in this? What I have done? What I'm fighting for?

And I'm repetitve, but it's a complain I've made since the start of the Closed Beta: where the hell are cinematics?

In Soul Reaver whe had a perfect epic intro with lines perfectly acted by some of the best dubbers in the world of gaming (Simon Templeman, guys, Simon Templeman!), and these lines seems to be taken from a gothic book.

Why Nosgoth can't have something like that? You have an AWESOME story to tell in 3 - 3. and half minutes of epicness!!!

I was hoping for the coming of the Open beta, but the last trailer is almost the same of the previous one!!! It's unberable!

You have already show us all the classes in the warfares trailers, stop it!

Please, developers, now you have a (buggy but still useful) AI for NPC vampires, like the summoner ptes. Use it! Do something useful with it! Show us some epic scenes of epicness of this hell of a story you have in the LoK universe!!!

Ygdrasel
8th Feb 2015, 15:27
And I'm repetitve, but it's a complain I've made since the start of the Closed Beta: where the hell are cinematics?

In Soul Reaver whe had a perfect epic intro with lines perfectly acted by some of the best dubbers in the world of gaming (Simon Templeman, guys, Simon Templeman!), and these lines seems to be taken from a gothic book.

Why Nosgoth can't have something like that?

While some story/objective-based maps and stuff would be great...

Soul Reaver is a massive singer-player adventure. Nosgoth is a comparatively much smaller multiplayer affair. Apples and oranges.

Multiplayer games get blogs instead of cinematics. If Psyonix could do something more, great...But not necessary. At most, they might put in some cinematics prior to certain maps or game modes (like the humans breaking into the underground Fane) but even those would grow repetitive without variation.

LorenCole
8th Feb 2015, 18:55
I've explained my idea of "cinematics" wrong. When I talked about about "cinematics" I meant something like WoW, TOR or even Rift, something more like a trailer, an intro of about 3-4 minutes that can be used to LURE people.

I mean, come on, Blizzard has figured it out. I've watched the cinematic trailer of Overwatch, and now I'm totally amazed about that game. Or some years ago, the WotLK, there were so much epicness in seeing Arthas resurrect an undead forzen dragon that I was like "I'll give all my money to play a game that gives me and intro this story like this".

And I know, you people will say "But it's gameplay the most important thing, not an intro", and sure, you're right, but the first approach to a game it's important as how you shake the hand of a person you're about to meet.

"Shacking hands" it's an ancient ritual of giving and reciving that comes with our society. You're giving someone a gift, a small token that represent you and your way of behave, and he accept it giving you the same.

An intro to a game is the same. A cinematic will give players an "idea" of what the game should be, of what they want to achive with that game in a very short time span, like a shake of hands, and you as player accept it and play the game to tell people what do you like of this game.

Ygdrasel
9th Feb 2015, 03:08
Well, I'm sure when/if the game gets some advertising out of beta, they could do a great story trailer.