PDA

View Full Version : lesser of the two evils? (poll)

absinthesize
6th Feb 2015, 22:39
Simply put, what do you think the lesser of the two evils are? high ping? or region lock?

my vote is high ping...why? because the playerbase isnt high enough to seperate people like that imo. wich also makes it HARDER to seperate premade vs random.

id rather see high ping with seperate ques for premades and randoms.

ApollosBow
7th Feb 2015, 02:43
I never play outside my region, and Iv got decent download & upload.

Ghosthree3
7th Feb 2015, 03:08
People really shouldn't be complaining about playing against people with high ping. Those people are at a huge disadvantage despite what you may think. If they're beating you they're just better than you, stop looking for excuses.

The people with high ping are probably searching for games in other regions for a good reason - eg. right now you cannot get a game in Aus if you have high MMR - they shouldn't be prevented from doing that because some people get butt frustrated.

Region lock is honestly one of the worst ideas I've heard of for this game.

--Ram--
7th Feb 2015, 05:18
People really shouldn't be complaining about playing against people with high ping. Those people are at a huge disadvantage despite what you may think. If they're beating you they're just better than you, stop looking for excuses.

The people with high ping are probably searching for games in other regions for a good reason - eg. right now you cannot get a game in Aus if you have high MMR - they shouldn't be prevented from doing that because some people get butt frustrated.

Region lock is honestly one of the worst ideas I've heard of for this game.

+1 on all points.

-Konf-
7th Feb 2015, 07:33
I have played hundreds of hours with 200 ping against people with low ping, and I have also played hundreds of hours with good ping against people with 200 (once local servers were introduced in Australia). In my humble experience it is a lot harder playing with high ping compared to facing those who have latency when you don't.

Ping is not fun for either side, but in the best of circumstances the player with latency takes 80:20 share of the burden.

I totally agree with absinthesize that right now a region lock will make this game horribly bad. Once and if we reach a massive player base - I couldn't care less if there is one, for as long as I can find a local game within 5 minutes. That being said, I still want an option to play with a lot of American or European friends I've made while playing this game.

To those people who seriously think that playing with high ping is an advantage I got two things to say:

1. Don't worry about people with high ping. They are on your servers only because they are desperate to find and play the game. They have no other reasons because it's hard to enjoy the game that way. Once Nosgoth picks up and player base grows - the so-called problem at hand will resolve itself.

2. Come play on Australian servers and see how well you do with 200 latency yourself. I'd love to see you try.