PDA

View Full Version : Pls nerf the Piercing Pistols

Da_Wolv
6th Feb 2015, 19:27
I loved the idea when I read the patch notes, but the Piercing Damage is just absurd!

Issues:
The range falloff doesn't count for it. Meaning you always do significant damage across the entire map
Eventhough it doesn't stack, the Fire rate and nature of how you do damage to vampires means the damage output is way too great.

We just played against 3 Prophets with Piercing pistols.
You could do 1 attack, then you just collapsed.
You cannot fly over them without taking more damage than a scout would do with a charged hit from just 2 of them.

In short:
- Way too damage with no falloff
- No significant recoil or damage spread. With a good aim, you will hit it halfway across the maap 90% of the time.
- Due to the bleed effect, the health recharge sets in much later, forcing you to slow down your gameplay or go in with less HP.

I think you overdid it this time!
The bleed idea would be fine, if it were:
a) subjected to damage fall off on range.
b) a greater amount of the overall damage would be delivered through the bleed, making the low burst damage a tradeoff of the high overall damage.
c) had less accuracy on high ranges and higher recoil

ApollosBow
6th Feb 2015, 19:45
There 120? with 25 dmg over 2 seconds...so 170? only 20 higher than heavy pistols

Id be okay with 10 dmg over 2 second, but give us back the pierce through first target feature also. First target gets the bleed effect. Recoil is high enough on most pistols, maybe a tad to high on quick seen has there the weakest.

Also the hunters Multibow needs to be nerfed to bolt thrower dmg level, accuracy is its feature, so like the bolt thrower (clip size being BT feature) it should not have the standard dmg of Repeater. Siege is perfect where its at.

HoopleDoople
6th Feb 2015, 19:49
There are a few issues here:

1) The Prophet is quite simply an overpowered class in Nosgoth's current state
2) The Heavy Pistols were dramatically outperforming the other pistols and the Piercing Pistols seem to have been raised to be close to their level.
3) Some maps have way too long of sightlines from the optimal human camp locations.

I really don't think the bleed is the problem as it only applies to the last shot when multiple hits are landed in succession. This makes it ideal for "poke" damage, the one long range shot on an exposed enemy before they take cover. It is weak when blasting away in sustained combat on one enemy. However, I wouldn't be opposed to increasing the recoil slightly. This would have no effect on poking shots (the Piercing Pistols' primary draw) or close combat (its biggest weakness), but would lessen effectiveness in mid-range combat.

As the developers edit maps like they did to the Fane (I believe they've identified Sommerdam's bridge as the next area to update) there should be less instances of easy, across the map pistol snipes.

eXmoRtiZ
6th Feb 2015, 19:54
U forgot Piercing pistol have higher fire rate than heavy pistols, and almost nothing recoil. So PP is OP like ****.

Actually i don't like the new stuffs. Summoner and PP neither. :(

TheDreamcrusher
6th Feb 2015, 20:14
The poke damage is pretty high for Piercing Pistols. It actually isn't a bad idea to rotate targets if you have the room and time to do so. The thing I like about the bleed damage is it prolongs the time before the vampire starts regenerating.

Ygdrasel
6th Feb 2015, 20:18
Actually i don't like the new stuffs. Summoner and PP neither. :(

Forward the "why" portion of that dislike to the staff and see if changes arrive.

I wasn't even aware they removed the 'piercing' aspect of piercing pistols...That was literally their defining feature. O.o

Pistol sniping is certainly ridiculous. But how often do you play against three Prophets all using this weapon? Seems like a very particular scenario.

DunhamSmash
7th Feb 2015, 01:37
I loved the idea when I read the patch notes, but the Piercing Damage is just absurd!

Issues:
The range falloff doesn't count for it. Meaning you always do significant damage across the entire map
Eventhough it doesn't stack, the Fire rate and nature of how you do damage to vampires means the damage output is way too great.

We just played against 3 Prophets with Piercing pistols.
You could do 1 attack, then you just collapsed.
You cannot fly over them without taking more damage than a scout would do with a charged hit from just 2 of them.

In short:
- Way too damage with no falloff
- No significant recoil or damage spread. With a good aim, you will hit it halfway across the maap 90% of the time.
- Due to the bleed effect, the health recharge sets in much later, forcing you to slow down your gameplay or go in with less HP.

I think you overdid it this time!
The bleed idea would be fine, if it were:
a) subjected to damage fall off on range.
b) a greater amount of the overall damage would be delivered through the bleed, making the low burst damage a tradeoff of the high overall damage.
c) had less accuracy on high ranges and higher recoil

Those are some interesting points. We'll continue to watch them and see what kind of affect they have on the game and then make our move from there.

We appreciate it!