PDA

View Full Version : BOTH FACTIONS Time to adjust perks?

Khalith
6th Feb 2015, 10:45
This is in response to another thread speaking on some of the perks and it got me thinking that this warranted a thread of it's own. I think it might be time to evaluate some of the perks and possibly make some adjustments either by cutting some or adjusting them. I honestly believe most of the perks are in a pretty good place now though some of them I think could stand to be cut:

Catlike Reflexes: Reduced fall damage on humans, useful against someone playing a sentinel yes but after a while most players get pretty good at dodging this anyway plus it's rare that fall damage is that high to warrant using over others.

Tenacity: Stun reduction, great. Doesn't affect knockdowns or staggers in my experience and those stuns don't really last that long anyway.

Increase gained from feeding/health stations: Again, these don't seem as useful compared to other options in the slots. Vampires can feed then use their regeneration by the time they get to the next camp of humans and by then have regained roughly the same to what they would have gained from this perk. With humans I usually see the group just use a second health station if the first one doesn't give them enough, if the humans are good enough that the vamps wipe on the next attack they can usually make their way to a third health station in time.

Regeneration: On that note, this perk doesn't appear that useful either, regeneration tends to kick in pretty fast anyway. Plus, I usually find myself either not needing the faster regen thanks to feeding + time it takes to get to the humans again or dead and regeneration becomes redundant.

Berserk: I can see where this perk is appealing but my issue with this perk as that I rarely find I get to use it, mostly because of how much burst and cc the humans have and their ability to take you down really fast. Granted once the human damage is nerfed more this perk will be indirectly buffed.

Bloodlust: I think this could stand to last a little bit longer.

In my opinion, Regeneration, Tenacity, and Catlike Reflexes could stand to be cut entirely as could the +hp from feeding/health shrines. Berserk and Bloodlust I believe could stand to be adjusted with Berserk having the side effect of being indirectly buffed once human damage is adjusted more.

--Ram--
6th Feb 2015, 11:00
Pretty much agree with your assessment. I hope that a pass on perks may occur alongside the balancing of underused skills sometime after the release of the Shield Bearer.

Jallford
6th Feb 2015, 11:43
Definitely agree. Some of these perks are flat out better than others. It's just confusing for new players.

Louves
6th Feb 2015, 12:05
Scavenger (Increase gain from health stations) is nice for Sacrifice Prophet. But that's the only loadout where I think it could be useful.

FireWorks_
6th Feb 2015, 12:51
Agreed and I think it is also not good to have the health perk do the same like the health stat on weapons. Increase or decrease one of them.

Zerobot1
6th Feb 2015, 20:19
Well I agree some perks are more useful, but I don't see the harm in having the others there if you wanted to counteract a negative stat on one of your weapons.

Khalith
6th Feb 2015, 23:19
Well I agree some perks are more useful, but I don't see the harm in having the others there if you wanted to counteract a negative stat on one of your weapons.

That seems a fair point, however, there is no negative stat that increases fall damage, there is no negative stat that makes you do less damage or attack slower on a kill, and as far as I've seen there is no negative stat that makes you stunned longer. Obviously if you were to cut the perks the green/blue/MI's would need to be adjusted accordingly for things like feeding and regeneration but I can say honestly that the negative stat to regeneration is one of the more desireable ones to have as you'll honestly notice it very little if at all. The negatives like -hp or climb speed or movement speed are much more noticeable in comparison. If the negative to health stations or feeding was removed or even left in, I don't think most players would notice much difference tbh.

TheDreamcrusher
6th Feb 2015, 23:27
That seems a fair point, however, there is no negative stat that increases fall damage, there is no negative stat that makes you do less damage or attack slower on a kill, and as far as I've seen there is no negative stat that makes you stunned longer. Obviously if you were to cut the perks the green/blue/MI's would need to be adjusted accordingly for things like feeding and regeneration but I can say honestly that the negative stat to regeneration is one of the more desireable ones to have as you'll honestly notice it very little if at all. The negatives like -hp or climb speed or movement speed are much more noticeable in comparison. If the negative to health stations or feeding was removed or even left in, I don't think most players would notice much difference tbh.

I do have some older vampire specials that have -attack speed, -move speed on kill for 5 seconds. I haven't seen that particular prefix, so to say, show up in a long time though. I honestly can't tell if Tenacity affects anything. Berserk, like you say, is very situational. The increased HP bonus doesn't seem that great for anyone but the Tyrant because he will gain the most from it.

Khalith
6th Feb 2015, 23:33
I do have some older vampire specials that have -attack speed, -move speed on kill for 5 seconds. I haven't seen that particular prefix, so to say, show up in a long time though. I honestly can't tell if Tenacity affects anything. Berserk, like you say, is very situational. The increased HP bonus doesn't seem that great for anyone but the Tyrant because he will gain the most from it.

That's a first I've heard of that prefix, but it doesn't reduce the damage you deal, using frenzy and melee + roll cancel can counteract it easily. I've seen a negative stat that does reduce your damage by 8% when your hp is low but most of the time when I hit that point I'm going to die or run away anyway, the 8% damage is very little anyway, that's something like 8-20ish damage a swing anyway. Plus again, the human burst is too good to make berserk worth using longterm. I do enjoy the +hp perk on my deceiver as his MI has a -5% hp negative stat and I can't tell you how many times I've survived as deceiver with 1-50ish hp left and managed to regen some of it, get a kill, and feed. Tenacity as I understand it is for the Tyrant ground slam stun specifically, that's the only ability I know for a fact tenacity reduces. The others? You won't even notice it.

ApollosBow
7th Feb 2015, 06:02
Id like to see somewhere in the ballpark of these changes;

-Nimbleness ^5% to 25%

-Frenzy ^2% to 7%.......subtle i know but there are weapons with 2% bonus, that way even if you have one its still 9% and not 10.

-Tenacity ^5% to 25%

-Scavenger - I don't know what to do about this one, maybe have fleet footed speed boost for 5 seconds after using a health station Or have vitality perk for 5 seconds after using station. I like the speed boost idea better, help catch up with your respawned teammates after healing.

-Catlike Reflexes...Id never use this even if it got buffed, but i suppose having it handy for games against 4 sentinels might be good (that's only happened to me once), maybe buff it ^5% to make it more attractive to sentinel haters.

The rest of the perks I can see being used, maybe some only by Tyrants, but still.

--Ram--
7th Feb 2015, 08:09
Agreed and I think it is also not good to have the health perk do the same like the health stat on weapons. Increase or decrease one of them.

Agreed. I've always thought it to be odd that the weapon based attack speed bonus is 2% (40% of perk value) while the weapon based health boost is 5% (100% of perk value).