PDA

View Full Version : Hunter multi bow update

absinthesize
6th Feb 2015, 06:48
so is this thing just clearly better now?

if the stats are correct it does over 390 dps while basic repeater is around 300ish.

reduced recoil+deadeye perk for reduced spread...seems potent, definitly better in close quarters when theya re hitting me.

ApollosBow
6th Feb 2015, 19:55
so is this thing just clearly better now?

if the stats are correct it does over 390 dps while basic repeater is around 300ish.

reduced recoil+deadeye perk for reduced spread...seems potent, definitly better in close quarters when theya re hitting me.

Bit to effective if you ask me, why does the bolt thrower dmg suck so much if the Multi-Bow get standard dmg and accuracy. It'd help if bolt thrower had 70 dmg instead of 65 or lower the Multi-bow dmg by 5 per arrow (15), that way the choice is a bit less obvious between all the bows, right now it seem clear - Multi-Bow

TheDreamcrusher
6th Feb 2015, 20:17
It is more effective now. I've noticed with the Multibow damage bump Hunter is getting closer to the way it was before all the repeaters' damage was brought down. The thing I feel that is the drawback about it and something I'll never like is that if I have to track a target, most of those bolts are going to miss per burst. Stationary targets will die fast, but sometimes I just like the regular constant damage of the other repeaters.

absinthesize
6th Feb 2015, 22:34
as much as its better statwise, its actual mechanics im finding leaves something to be desired (wich is a good thing imo)

for example, after a while i still switch to repearter/bolt thrower.

why?

just because of the nature of its firing, it can either be a boon or a curse. its nice peppering 3 shots into something from a distance, in close quarters if they are not doing there dodges correctly it can make short work.

however with the burst nature of the weaponry, i find its weakness is in when its not firing.

example

a vampire is running away to break line of sight, on my multibow depending on when i last shot i may or may not be able to shoot him before he gets around that corner.

with repeaters constant stream you are getting bolts on that vampire up to the very last moment he breaks line of sight.

sometimes i still switch to bolt thrower if i feel like im running out of ammo a lot midfights, i do less DPS but given that im not going to land 100% of my shots regardless, it simply tries to balance for longer engagements.

if you can get to intimately know multibow i imagine it to be probably the best one right now. but im still PERFORMING better with repeater/bolt thrower simply due to ease of use.