PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Robin to the TR Team!

MeaganMarie
5th Feb 2015, 22:04
Hello everyone!

Some of you may have seen Robin popping in and out of the forum already, but I wanted to give her a formal introduction! Robin is our brand coordinator at Crystal, and we're ramping up her responsibilities to include community elements. Robin will be helping ensure our forum programs such as the monthly contests, dev Q&As, and so on go off without a hitch. She's also been incredibly helpful in passing along your questions to myself and the team, and escalating issues in the technical forums so we can work towards resolutions.

Fun fact - Robin likes terrible puns more than anyone I've ever met. It's very endearing.

If you need to reach either of us, you can hit us in a single spot with the Community AT crystald DOT com address. :)

Welcome Robin!

RobinHuey
5th Feb 2015, 22:06
Hi everyone! I am BEARy excited to be on the forums! :wave:

TranceTrouble
5th Feb 2015, 22:06
welcome Robin, hope to see you around on the forums :D :wave:

Treeble
6th Feb 2015, 01:32
Hello there Robin, welcome aboard! :D

Tihocan
6th Feb 2015, 03:28
It's all pun and games until someone gets a rebar in the guts.

Welcome to the party, p̶a̶l̶ Robin!

Metalrocks
6th Feb 2015, 03:52
welcome :wave:
mi sure we will see around here.

Tecstar70
6th Feb 2015, 08:46
Welcome Robin!

Rai
6th Feb 2015, 10:41
Welcome to the forums, Robin. :D

AdeleDazeem
6th Feb 2015, 11:23
Welcome Robin! :)

NSW_pride
6th Feb 2015, 11:57
Welcome to the fourums, Robin!

pidipidi39
6th Feb 2015, 13:13
Welcome to the forums, Robin! :D
Glad to have another pun lover aboard!

RobinHuey
6th Feb 2015, 22:42
Fun fact - Robin likes terrible puns more than anyone I've ever met. It's very endearing.

If you need to reach either of us, you can hit us in a single spot with the Community AT crystald DOT com address. :)

Welcome Robin!

Already told her this in person but to make it official, THANKS MEAGAN! :friends:

I would also add that even though the puns can be terrible, they still get Meagan to laugh. :tongue2:

Here's a few more fun facts about me:

1) I love Jaffa Cakes. Because I have a hard time finding them in the states, I recently tried baking them from scratch. Sadly, they didn't turn out quite the way I wanted them too. ****

2) I studied abroad at the University of Bristol in rainy England when I was in college. This is where the Jaffa Cake obsession all started.

3) Besides Jaffa Cakes and puns, I really like to travel. One of the things I love most about the Tomb Raider franchise is Lara's never-ending globetrotting expeditions!

4) I first started playing video games on NES with my older brother. We still play together on occasion - our most recent sibling game session was playing LCTOO!

5) I'm super excited to be on the forums and have the opportunity to help out with the community. I absolutely admire all of your passion for all things Tomb Raider and will endeavor to do my very best to make the forum programs fun!

welcome Robin, hope to see you around on the forums :D :wave:

Thank you! Happy to be here. :D

It's all pun and games until someone gets a rebar in the guts.

Welcome to the party, p̶a̶l̶ Robin!

Hah! Better keep your distance then. ;) On with the pun and games! :nut:

welcome :wave:
mi sure we will see around here.

Indeed! Thank you for the warm welcome! :wave:

Welcome to the forums, Robin. :D

Thanks Rai! Love your signature! :)

Welcome to the forums, Robin! :D
Glad to have another pun lover aboard!

Oh yeah! :friends:

Welcome to the fourums, Robin!

Thank you very much!

Welcome Robin! :)

Thank you! :)

Welcome Robin!

Thank you!

Hello there Robin, welcome aboard! :D

Thank you! Very happy to be here! :D

TheArcaneHuntress
6th Feb 2015, 23:07
Welcome! Don' go ROBIN my heart :P

Driber
6th Feb 2015, 23:23
4) I first started playing video games on NES with my older brother.

Which game was your first? :)

Tecstar70
6th Feb 2015, 23:31
Jaffe Cakes! Have you ever had Special Edition Lime?

Shaikh
7th Feb 2015, 05:19
Welcome Robin. All the best in your journey. :thumb:

We now got our own personal Batman (Meagan) & Robin. :D

BTW, @Meagan, does this mean we will see you less often in the forums? Still I hope you will bring those podcasts back and you are on the charge. :)

Tihocan
7th Feb 2015, 08:07
1) I love Jaffa Cakes.

I think we found Sam, you guys... :lol:

IvanaKC
7th Feb 2015, 11:04
Welcome, Robin!

Since you like Jaffa and traveling, first stop should be Croatia. It's not just the variety of choice when it comes to jaffa but I even live in a city where these are made:

:p

Charlie_T_Raider
7th Feb 2015, 11:54
Welcome along Robin. Hope you find the community on here to be real great.

Metalrocks
7th Feb 2015, 15:17
lol. jaffa cakes. every now and then i find them in hong kong. now i feel like buying them tomorrow. if i find them that is.

Tecstar70
8th Feb 2015, 09:47
The original:

http://www.paulandstorm.com/wp-content/uploads/jaffa-cakes.jpg

Or

http://www.bitterwallet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/jaffa_cake_box.jpg

Tihocan
8th Feb 2015, 10:36
width=200

RobinHuey
12th Feb 2015, 00:51
Thank you so much everyone for the grand welcome, puns, and conversations about jaffa cakes. I am really looking forward to getting to know you all better and spending more time with the TR community!

I’ll be doing my best to make more regular appearances on the forums but there’ll be a transition period for me to get my bearings. I appreciate your patience with me and will be working very hard to stay active and keep programs running smoothly moving forward.

Speaking of programs, if you all haven’t checked these out yet, here’s some current programs I’m helping facilitate and would love to have you all participate in!

1) Valentine’s Day Competition :o
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151524
In 5 words: Enter because you love puns.
In 5 more words: Crafting. Love. Cheese. Prizes. Fun!
In more words than 5: I’m a judge. You know more about my likes just by reading this thread. ;)

2) Dev Q & A #20 :scratch:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151693
In 5 words: Your questions. Dev’s answers. Boom.
In 5 words: Curiosity doesn’t kill this cat.
In more words than 5: Submit your questions and we’ll answer what we can!

Welcome! Don' go ROBIN my heart :P

Love it! Made me laugh – thank you for that! :)

Which game was your first? :)

Can’t confirm my first but can say “Duck Hunt” was a regular choice of game with plenty of fond memories. My brother and I had a lot of fun playing that together because we had the NES Zapper aka “the Duck Hunt Gun.”

Jaffe Cakes! Have you ever had Special Edition Lime?

Had no idea they existed until now! I read up on them online and now I’m a bit curious… :scratch:

BTW, @Meagan, does this mean we will see you less often in the forums? Still I hope you will bring those podcasts back and you are on the charge. :)

Thank you very much. I really appreciate all the warm welcomes from everyone!

Our superhero identities are actually “Wonder Woman” and “Robin” and yes, there are jokes around the studio about it. I would also note that if you invert Meagan’s “MM” initials, you get W’s. ;)

Meagan will still be on the forums, but I’m teaming up to help with the forum programs for extra support. This had already been going on for a while behind the scenes, but we just decided to make it more “official” recently. :D Also, Meagan and I also sit next to each other in studio so note that anything shareworthy – ie: the best pun ever – will likely be shared between the both of us.

I think we found Sam, you guys... :lol:

Thanks – that made me laugh! To be honest, I never thought of it that way but yes, come to think of it, we do have some similarities. I also studied a bit of film in college. ;)

Welcome, Robin!

Since you like Jaffa and traveling, first stop should be Croatia. It's not just the variety of choice when it comes to jaffa but I even live in a city where these are made:

:p

Wonderful idea! I like this pitch. It might be next on my (never-ending) travel list. I haven’t been there yet and have wanted to check it out for ages!

Welcome along Robin. Hope you find the community on here to be real great.

Thanks for the welcome! I already find it fantastic and appreciate having dedicated fans like you around here to create such a vibrant community! I look forward to spending more time here moving forward! :)

lol. jaffa cakes. every now and then i find them in hong kong. now i feel like buying them tomorrow. if i find them that is.

So did you find them?!

The original:

http://www.paulandstorm.com/wp-content/uploads/jaffa-cakes.jpg

Or

http://www.bitterwallet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/jaffa_cake_box.jpg

That’s easy - the original. Even though I have yet to try “the big one,” it’s now become more of a nostalgia thing with the regular ol’ box of jaffa. It brings back fond memories being overseas.

Shaikh
12th Feb 2015, 16:26
Thank you very much. I really appreciate all the warm welcomes from everyone!
Welcome. And why wouldn't we be? We are all here part of TeamLara! :D

Our superhero identities are actually “Wonder Woman” and “Robin” and yes, there are jokes around the studio about it. I would also note that if you invert Meagan’s “MM” initials, you get W’s. ;)
Holy WOW! Never even thought about that. She looks great in Wonder Woman costumes too. Glad to hear it from you. :)

Meagan will still be on the forums, but I’m teaming up to help with the forum programs for extra support. This had already been going on for a while behind the scenes, but we just decided to make it more “official” recently. :D Also, Meagan and I also sit next to each other in studio so note that anything shareworthy – ie: the best pun ever – will likely be shared between the both of us.
Actually I did give Meagan a very hard times sometimes. You can hear some of them from her if you tell the name Shaikh, I think she still remembers a few bits about me. But don't worry, I won't give you hard time. :p

MeaganMarie
12th Feb 2015, 19:19

I'll totally still be around! Though like last campaign, I'm likely to be on the road a lot this year hosting community events and meeting with press and so on. Robin will help ensure communication doesn't lapse when I'm on the road or tied up at an event, as well as ensure that we're always on time with our contests and Q&As. She's been a fantastic help already!

The podcasts are coming back! I'm aiming for the first one to return mid-March!