PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Suggestion for Class Portraits

Three_Pies
4th Feb 2015, 18:26
Simple idea, just a slight UI modification, but I don't think it's been suggested before on here. In terms of the portraits which display which class a player is currently using (or if they're dead), does anyone else think it would be neat if the portrait shown was skin-dependent?

I see two potential benefits to this: firstly, it allows for individual identification if multiple people are playing the same class albeit with different skins; and secondly, it's another way for people to flaunt their favourite skins.

The only potential issue I could predict is that newer players may not be immediately able to recognise the classes in the new variety of portraits. I do feel, however, that this would be counteracted by the fact that all the skins of a class would be in the exact same pose, as well as sharing in the characteristic style of that class.

Given that the portraits appear to be magnified versions of the default skins in the inventory, it would seem as if the artwork already exists to make this possible. Is it strictly necessary? No. But it would look deliciously polished!

P.S. The Summoner portrait at current looks a little strange to me - it's been taken from the image of her with the abyssal ball, but it seems too 'zoomed out' and her actual face only takes up a small amount of the portrait space. Again, nothing major but to me it looks a little... odd.

Ygdrasel
4th Feb 2015, 18:44
That'd be a great little detail.

JanusDominus
4th Feb 2015, 19:56
The portraits also could be color-coded with some sort of outline or tint with color representing class.

ApollosBow
5th Feb 2015, 23:28
Id love this, would add extra pleasure to owning the paid for skins.

AriocM
5th Feb 2015, 23:40
Great idea! Anything that helps show off items you spent cash on is good.

ApollosBow
6th Feb 2015, 02:16
The portraits also could be color-coded with some sort of outline or tint with color representing class.

Good idea, each clan already has its signature colours.

Mayhzon
6th Feb 2015, 17:18
I agree, I actually expected that to be already in the game. When I had purchased my first skin, I was really disappointed that I still had the default icon.