PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Clan 'Evolved' Skins – The Deceiver of Clan Zephonim

Saikocat
4th Feb 2015, 15:55
Hi everyone!

I know a lot of you have been very eager to get a look at this art, and the time has finally come to reveal the Deceiver's Evolved skin concept art! Head to the blog now for a run-through of the art, and a bit of background from Daniel Cabuco himself, giving some insight into the design of the skin...

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/vampire-clan-evolved-skins-the-deceiver-of-clan-zephonim/

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/391/blog/deceiver-evolved-20zephonim.jpg

MasterZtark
4th Feb 2015, 16:07
Wow, it looks amazing! Way to go art team and Daniel Cabuco!!!

Varulven
4th Feb 2015, 16:19
OMG... I have some itty bitty tears in my eyes.... it is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! :eek:

MasterShuriko
4th Feb 2015, 16:24
That looks awesome!

Vampmaster
4th Feb 2015, 16:25
Awesome! One thing I'd add though is the scarification of the clan symbol that can be seen on the Zephonim in SR1. It looks like there's still room on the back/chest.

netmota
4th Feb 2015, 16:41
well done!! the color and design are absolutely a leal reference to zephonim clan...

Khalith
4th Feb 2015, 16:42
Yup... that's a zephonim alright. Looks pretty cool in concept though I don't like it as much as the others, not sure why.

-Konf-
4th Feb 2015, 16:56
Looks pretty cool in concept though I don't like it as much as the others, not sure why.
For me that's the best of the evolved skins hands down! But then again, I might be biased as Deceiver is my favourite class. But no, the skin is truly awesome! Will certainly wear it with pride. If only I could also purchase the Zephonim banner in store separately...

The skin looks fantastic, great work! My only "concern", so to speak, is that arms might look a lot skinnier compared to other deceiver models as they have some blade-bracelets as a filler. I understand that this way he looks creepy as hell, relates to LoK better and has spikes in place of blades, but I just hope there won't be too much discrepancy with the models we have currently. Even though long skinny arms is essentially what Zephonim vampires had in SR.

Razaiim
4th Feb 2015, 17:08
Holy crap that is awesome! They got their little neck flanges back! Also so Zephon's crazy split up face had emerged by this point? So the lieutenants must be pretty far gone, especially the lesser ones.

Vampmaster
4th Feb 2015, 17:13
Holy crap that is awesome! They got their little neck flanges back! Also so Zephon's crazy split up face had emerged by this point? So the lieutenants must be pretty far gone, especially the lesser ones.

I imagine Zephon would have this sort of silouette at this point:
http://lparchive.org/Legacy-of-Kain-Blood-Omen/Update%2010/sr1-164.jpg

I believe this mural is intended to represent him, considering the four arms, although I still think he'd be able to walk around.

Allegos
4th Feb 2015, 17:23
That's exquisitely creepy, befitting the scariest bastards from the 1999 Soul Reaver game. I love how the arm splits at the elbow, the radius and the ulna beginning to go their seperate ways to form four spider arms.

Varulven
4th Feb 2015, 17:33
Holy ****, I have to comment again xD
This is totally awesome! I'd totally fall in love with him if he would exist in our part of the multiverse (M-Theory ftw!) :D

Vampmaster
4th Feb 2015, 17:39
BTW, I can't tell from the picture if he has the larger upper canines shaped like spider fangs yet. Will his model have those?

DesolatedMaggot
4th Feb 2015, 17:49
I was really hoping for a mask-less skin this time around, but I really cannot complain as even the mask looks great. GG guys.

calypso-694
4th Feb 2015, 17:51
amazing! Deciever is quickly becoming my fav class away from Sentinal. I love love love the arms, and the mask mirroring zephon himself is great. scary buggers back then and still scary now. YESSS

GonarTrvig
4th Feb 2015, 17:54
It's so, SO FANTASTIC!!

I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but surely this is a lot better!! I'm so glad to see at last something about the adult Zephonim skin, and now I can wait to March (barely) without being angry and upset for knowing nothing about him!

I'm so going to wear that skin with my baby! X3

GenFeelGood
4th Feb 2015, 18:07
This is the most of a Deceiver's face that I have ever seen in Nosgoth, it is glorious. I absolutely love that his hand and forearms are splitting down the middle, Well Done doesn't even come close to describing how successful this is.

Sanguise23
4th Feb 2015, 18:08
AWESOME although now i have to wait till march ARGGG!!!! well done guys esp DC

LegacyOfKayn
4th Feb 2015, 18:22
I was a little disappointed at first to see that the evolved skin has a mask as well,but after reading the lore i kinda like it,and the hands,just awesome:X very nice skin!!!

Varulven
4th Feb 2015, 18:51
I totally LOVE this mask!

Offtopic of the day:
@Saikocat: I dropped you a private message :)

Louves
4th Feb 2015, 19:15
The Evolved Skin looks amazing, can't stop staring at it <3

JanusDominus
4th Feb 2015, 19:34
Dem arms

Awesome as always. It's great that Psyonix hired Dan for these.

Psyonix_Eric
4th Feb 2015, 20:46
I'm so happy to hear that the majority of people love it as much as we do. :) One of our amazing concept artists, Jay Zhang, came up with the initial design based on lots of research on the Zephonim, and with Daniel's absolutely expert guidance and direction we were really able to refine it to be something that we all felt represented where the Zephonim would be at that part of their devolvement.

Ysanoire
4th Feb 2015, 21:39
I love it. He looks like Zephon. Great work.

Ygdrasel
4th Feb 2015, 21:43
I love it! :D

Though a part of me wants to see beneath the mask...

Hjalmtyr
4th Feb 2015, 21:55
For me its just totally amazing *______* Best Evolved skin so far. Maybe a little bit "too best" coz other 3 Evolved skins disappointed me and now i want them to look equally epic :) Hope Deceiver's crooked stance wont spoil the effect. Masterfully done!

absinthesize
4th Feb 2015, 22:14
want...

NomzNomz
4th Feb 2015, 23:08
Mind blown. *re spawning in 5 seconds*

Zerobot1
4th Feb 2015, 23:14
Amazing really, but I think the problem for me is the pose he's in and not being able to see his mask straight on. I just get the feeling that he's strolling along casually in this artwork. In game with the Deceiver animations and seeing the split mask properly it'll probably look amazing though.

My brother made a good point that while this seems a bit toned down compared to the other Deceiver skins, they were all forced self mutilations while this is the real deal.

PS - The description for these skins still states they are 'fully evolved', it's just me nitpicking but that isn't really true.

Edit - Also while we're nitpicking, the Zephonim had three toes I believe. I'll just see myself out now.

Vampmaster
4th Feb 2015, 23:33
Amazing really, but I think the problem for me is the pose he's in and not being able to see his mask straight on. I just get the feeling that he's strolling along casually in this artwork. In game with the Deceiver animations and seeing the split mask properly it'll probably look amazing though.

My brother made a good point that while this seems a bit toned down compared to the other Deceiver skins, they were all forced self mutilations while this is the real deal.

PS - The description for these skins still states they are 'fully evolved', it's just me nitpicking but that isn't really true.

Edit - Also while we're nitpicking, the Zephonim had three toes I believe. I'll just see myself out now.

They've probably evolved insect senses or something. Plus they're psychic. The scarification of their clan symbol into their flesh would make a good example of self mutilation. I think that would be easy to add and easy to explain, if you needed to comfirm it with Daniel first.

Obisher
4th Feb 2015, 23:50
We waited a long time for the reveal of this skin, but it was worth it. It looks absolutely fantastic, great job! Can't wait to get it in-game :D

Kabalite
5th Feb 2015, 00:42
Needs more flaying.

Loraevia
5th Feb 2015, 01:06
Really awesome! I've been looking forward to seeing this for so long! He definitely captures the spidery creepiness factor super well. Now I can't wait to see what you guys do for the Summoner.

Ygdrasel
5th Feb 2015, 01:22
Now that it's out, I finally got to make this. :D

http://i.imgur.com/EZXUFc8.png?1

SpectralWraith
5th Feb 2015, 05:44
The best evolved skin so far, i can really feel the creepy soul reaver 1 style. well maybe it is because the zephonim brood are the creapiest of the vampires. Btw i think the humans should have a skin with out the mouth cover, you know like in the old soul reaver 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=vampire+hunter+soul+reaver+1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SQLTVNGeDsyeggTc6YHwCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1147&bih=565#tbm=isch&q=crossbow+vampire+hunter+soul+reaver+1&imgdii=_&imgrc=CVbQZwHaxYscYM%253A%3BxzdCeJVb4urz_M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%252Flegacyofkain%252Fimages%252F1%252F1f%252FHunter.PNG%252Frevision%252Flatest%252Fscale-to-width%252F185%253Fcb%253D20140107130010%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Flegacyofkain.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FVampire_hunters_%28crossbow%29%3B185%3B164

DeathMetalMarine
5th Feb 2015, 09:50
Great work! I really love skin and can't wait until it's released!

Good job, Eric, Jay, Daniel and all the others (if I missed any) involved to create this masterpiece! Absolutely amazing work!

Irodium
5th Feb 2015, 11:28
Looks perfect.
Not surprising. Daniel Cabuco is a genius after all.
The only question that remains is - will this skin allow the Deceiver to stand outright (as depicted) or will he remain twisted and bent?
I think I know the answer, but hope does die last.

PS
Would like to see human prestige skins made by Daniel.

Vampmaster
5th Feb 2015, 13:05
Looks perfect.
Not surprising. Daniel Cabuco is a genius after all.
The only question that remains is - will this skin allow the Deceiver to stand outright (as depicted) or will he remain twisted and bent?
I think I know the answer, but hope does die last.

PS
Would like to see human prestige skins made by Daniel.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's doing those. I was hoping for next generation skins where the descendants of the current humans would start dressing more like their SR1 counterparts, but I think they said in the Q&A that the Prestige skins (human Lv 25) are already being developed by Jay, meaning they're not influenced by anything else in the series. I think it's probably best to wait until after the Rahabim and human counterpart are done before committing to any more skins/classes after that. I would like to know how long the developers plan to keep adding new content though.

lucinvampire
5th Feb 2015, 13:26
This skin is AMAZING!!!!!!! :D :D :D It's like PURE AWESOMENESS rolled into one!!! I really really really really can't wait for this to get released in game - it's re-created the freaky deakyness of the Zephonim from SR - god those things - just add the noises and you'd have everyone behind the sofa :lol:. This is such a great job with it - just freaking greatness :thumb:

Vampmaster
5th Feb 2015, 14:02
I asked Daniel about those things on his back and this is what he said:

Malformed extra limbs which can act as antennae.

Ygdrasel
5th Feb 2015, 18:55
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's doing those. I was hoping for next generation skins where the descendants of the current humans would start dressing more like their SR1 counterparts, but I think they said in the Q&A that the Prestige skins (human Lv 25) are already being developed by Jay, meaning they're not influenced by anything else in the series.

I'm okay with that. This is technically a new entry in the series so not everything should be a reference or homage that way. And they could still have some influence from SR1 but I'm not sure I'd like it much. The human fighters we see in SR1 are less organized army and more "We made some cheap armor and scrounged up some weapons" as opposed to Nosgoth's more functional rebellion. Like, the SR1 humans just read about the uprising in history books or something (not literally, I'm sure) and got it in their heads to mimic the soldiers.

We see the humans at the peak of uprising in Nosgoth, the Prestige skins for elite fighters...But by SR1's era, the uprising has been crushed for some large time period. I like the idea that those flamethrower guys in the Human Citadel aren't specifically Red Sisters or even the same Alchemist technology, but more an imitative attempt at such.

Irodium
5th Feb 2015, 19:07
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he's doing those. I was hoping for next generation skins where the descendants of the current humans would start dressing more like their SR1 counterparts, but I think they said in the Q&A that the Prestige skins (human Lv 25) are already being developed by Jay, meaning they're not influenced by anything else in the series. I think it's probably best to wait until after the Rahabim and human counterpart are done before committing to any more skins/classes after that. I would like to know how long the developers plan to keep adding new content though.
Prestige skin for the Hunter class is made by Psyonix designer and not Daniel Cabuco.
It can be seen here http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-state-of-play-january-30-2015
From what I can tell, it is heavily inspired by the look of Sarafan Warriors and their Hylden General (BO2).
But the feeling is just not the same. I could say that Daniel had nothing to do with it the second I saw it.
Just hope the other human classes... at least some of them will get his touch.

Vampmaster
5th Feb 2015, 20:06
Prestige skin for the Hunter class is made by Psyonix designer and not Daniel Cabuco.

I know, that's why I already said Jay designed them. If they've decided not to connect them with characters from the rest of the series, then they don't really need him. I was hoping they would have and maybe something like that would still be possible further down the line, but they've still got a massive to-do list, so I think it's best to wait until they've got some more of that out of the way.

Lord_Aevum
5th Feb 2015, 21:26
I know, that's why I already said Jay designed them. If they've decided not to connect them with characters from the rest of the series, then they don't really need him. I was hoping they would have and maybe something like that would still be possible further down the line, but they've still got a massive to-do list, so I think it's best to wait until they've got some more of that out of the way.

Try to consider how Nosgoth would operate if it were a living, breathing world. It would seem nice to be given the exact same designs from Soul Reaver because they're familiar to us and they're all we know, but within the fiction itself that would make zero sense. There is an entire war and three centuries to go before Raziel emerges, and the vampire hunters have no reason to stagnate in one form for all of that time. In fact, they must adapt. Even putting real life examples aside (where were we, 300 years ago?), look how radically the humans evolved in Nosgoth a mere century after the Pillars' collapse; their predominant fighting force became nearly unrecognisable. Fan service just isn't the way to go about building a credible setting, ostensibly desirable though it may be.

Vampmaster
5th Feb 2015, 22:33
Try to consider how Nosgoth would operate if it were a living, breathing world. It would seem nice to be given the exact same designs from Soul Reaver because they're familiar to us and they're all we know, but within the fiction itself that would make zero sense. There is an entire war and three centuries to go before Raziel emerges, and the vampire hunters have no reason to stagnate in one form for all of that time. In fact, they must adapt. Even putting real life examples aside (where were we, 300 years ago?), look how radically the humans evolved in Nosgoth a mere century after the Pillars' collapse; their predominant fighting force became nearly unrecognisable. Fan service just isn't the way to go about building a credible setting, ostensibly desirable though it may be.

I'm not that dissapointed and I do like the prestige hunter. I was mainly saying that Psyonix don't need to consult Daniel in situations when they're creating completely new designs. Also, the evolved vampire skins aren't exactly like the SR1 ones, nor would I expect them to be. Although they are hinting towards the forms they will eventually take.

Sanguise23
5th Feb 2015, 22:41

these are the fully Evolved when you see them in SR1 they are Devolved, i think this is stated some where

GenFeelGood
6th Feb 2015, 01:51
I am interested in any lore or principles guiding the design on the prestige skins, to show how the war is progressing from the human perspective. For instance I take away from the hunter skin that as the war progresses the human factions share knowledge and adopt style ques from one another. Where as the vampires develop separately from one another with their own individual flare, the human factions become slightly more uniform while still retaining their key features as they develop.

SpectralWraith
6th Feb 2015, 04:44
i don't want to be a **** by saying this but... i thought fully growed vampires got red eyes xD (just saying, all the evolved skins are amazing)

Ygdrasel
6th Feb 2015, 07:07
i don't want to be a **** by saying this but... i thought fully growed vampires got red eyes xD (just saying, all the evolved skins are amazing)

Got any screenshots of that? I don't remember that being the case at all. O.o (Also, the word is "grown". Yes, I'm a Nazi for caring about grammar. Hide your Jews. :p)

TenebraeAeterna
6th Feb 2015, 08:15
I've got a terrible computer right now and can't play, so correct me if I'm wrong but you can purchase alternative finishers correct? Well, I've seen a lot of people talking about how they wished this was a mask-less skin despite absolutely adoring the mask and that left me considering a possibility.

What if the Deceiver removes the mask as a finisher?

There's really no indication that they won't have a face similar to Zephon, in the sense of opening up, within their final incarnation; we just may not see it in LoK: SR because they wanted Zephon himself to have that shock factor. So, what if the alternative finisher for the Deceiver involved him removing the mask and then having his face split open to reveal something even more horrific lying under the surface that then descends down upon the victims face in a macabre feast?

Best of both worlds...

Great masked skin.............disturbing finisher.

Even if this isn't possible/practical, it does appear that the mask itself could function along with this type of finisher and open up with the face-plates. So if the mask can't be removed, the finisher could still be accomplished via the mask hinging along with the face.

Just some thoughts. :)

pidden
6th Feb 2015, 09:24
amazing, love it and cant wait untill i can buy it

JanusDominus
6th Feb 2015, 10:53
I'm so happy to hear that the majority of people love it as much as we do. :) One of our amazing concept artists, Jay Zhang, came up with the initial design based on lots of research on the Zephonim, and with Daniel's absolutely expert guidance and direction we were really able to refine it to be something that we all felt represented where the Zephonim would be at that part of their devolvement.
Jay did a grand job, I say. And even though I'm one of those LoK fans who get their torches and pitchforks out when even the slightest possibility of messing with the lore is around, I'm really digging those arms because of how cool and twisted they are

Jallford
6th Feb 2015, 11:45
i don't want to be a d*ck by saying this but... i thought fully growed vampires got red eyes xD (just saying, all the evolved skins are amazing)Some adult vampires in Soul Reaver did. But they're fully devolved, these are 'evolved'. They're not at that level yet.

Irodium
6th Feb 2015, 14:17

But they do connect them with characters from the rest of the series. As I said before Hunter skin is heavily inspired by the look of Sarafan Warriors and their Hylden General. See for yourself http://i.imgur.com/dRMB0nl.jpg
Prestige Hunter's helmet mimics the look of a Hylden head. The banner is that of a Sarafan brotherhood. And his armor resembles those of a Sarafan warriors.
The point is - Prestige Hunter Skin is lore friendly becasue it ties Nosgoth to Blood Omen 2 and Defiance. And I like that.
I even do like the skin (mostly :p).
Just think that Daniel would do the same job better (no offence to Psyonix designer, he done a great job), because by some point he is the lore.

Irodium
6th Feb 2015, 14:41
Vampires in their evolution got golden (amber) eyes. Vorador, Kain and those who lived long enough for that. Excluding the original vampires like Janos Audron that is.
Vampire Council members (Kain's lieutenants) at some point did too. But as the devolution kicked in, their eyes started to lose that color and become reddish, resembling the turn from a vampire into a frenzied predatory abomination.
Same thing happend to their (Kain's lieutenants) clan members, but much faster.

Vampmaster
6th Feb 2015, 15:15
But they do connect them with characters from the rest of the series. As I said before Hunter skin is heavily inspired by the look of Sarafan Warriors and their Hylden General. See for yourself http://i.imgur.com/dRMB0nl.jpg
Prestige Hunter's helmet mimics the look of a Hylden head. The banner is that of a Sarafan brotherhood. And his armor resembles those of a Sarafan warriors.
The point is - Prestige Hunter Skin is lore friendly becasue it ties Nosgoth to Blood Omen 2 and Defiance. And I like that.
I even do like the skin (mostly :p).
Just think that Daniel would do the same job better (no offence to Psyonix designer, he done a great job), because by some point he is the lore.

It doesn't look like the hyldens head. It has spiky teeth that the hylden don't have and the hylden have those spiky crests on the top of their heads, which the mask does not. Maybe it could be based on an evolved Rahabim that he killed or something. The only thing BO2 Glyph Guard has in common with him is the colour of his outfit. The symbol on the Prestige Hunter's loincloth can't match both the Crusader's wing+sword emblem and the Glyph Guard's broken ankh symbol at the same time, because those are two different things. The Prestige Hunter looks like he's wearing some sort of long grey leather coat, whereas the Crusader is wearing metal and something like cotton or silk.

Like I said, I do like it, but I don't think it's based on either of the characters you mentioned.

Irodium
6th Feb 2015, 17:22
It doesn't look like the hyldens head. It has spiky teeth that the hylden don't have and the hylden have those spiky crests on the top of their heads, which the mask does not.
Perhaps this image better depicts it
http://i.imgur.com/SPUYEta.jpg
As I see it, those "teeth" depicts the torn pattern around Hylden mouths. Horns pointed backwards are resembled by locks of hair. IMHO.

The only thing BO2 Glyph Guard has in common with him is the colour of his outfit.
He has exactly the same armor on his left arm.

Glyph Guard's broken ankh symbol at the same time, because those are two different things.
The winged sword is a symbol from a Defiance/Soul reaver 2 time-line (Sarafan are led my Moebius), Ankh is from a Blood omen 2 timeline (Sarafan are led my Hylden Lord). As you can see on the Prestige Hunter there is a Winged Sword, but pointed down and not up as the Defiance Sarafans had. Malek had something like that on one of his statues if I recall correctly.

The Prestige Hunter looks like he's wearing some sort of long grey leather coat, whereas the Crusader is wearing metal and something like cotton or silk.
Hunter is wearing long grey-blue (same color as Sarafans in BO2) leather coat on top of some armor that looks (by design and its purple color) like a lighter (chainmail vs platemail) vertion of the Crusader's one.
Of course it is not a copy-paste. There are hundreds of years between them and no direct connection.
Let me know if you saw any direct copy-paste in Nosgoth at all.

Like I said, I do like it, but I don't think it's based on either of the characters you mentioned.
This is just an opinion mine or yours. I do not intend on mine being the ultimate truth, do you?

Ygdrasel
6th Feb 2015, 17:46
Jay did a grand job, I say. And even though I'm one of those LoK fans who get their torches and pitchforks out when even the slightest possibility of messing with the lore is around, I'm really digging those arms because of how cool and twisted they are

Those arms aren't messing with the lore, are they?

JanusDominus
6th Feb 2015, 19:24
Those arms aren't messing with the lore, are they?

They kinda are, since no completely devolved Zephonim had arms like these... but it's still really cool.

SpectralWraith
6th Feb 2015, 19:33
They kinda are, since no completely devolved Zephonim had arms like these... but it's still really cool.

Hey dude what about the murals it appeared that the worshippers served 4 arm creatures

Psyonix_Eric
6th Feb 2015, 21:13
Just to complete clarify, since I always think it's important to give credit where credit is due, Jay Zhang was our concept artist that worked on the evolved Deceiver (and Summoner) while Jason Newhouse is our concept artist that has made the majority of our characters, including the Prestige Hunter being discussed here.

Ygdrasel
6th Feb 2015, 23:11

Didn't they though? There are suggestions in murals that evolved Zephonim may have possessed four arms along with legs...But take a look at the devolved versions:

Vampires generally evolve to possess three claws per hand and two per feet. But Zephonim appear to have three claws on all appendages. Consider perhaps that their arms divided (which would explain the severe emaciation of limbs in the devolved state) and as they took more to climbing and scurrying on ceilings, the extra limbs developed as not only additional arms but new 'legs', while their legs proper became vestigial and disappeared to complete their change into creepy spiders.

@Eric: Tell those guys they're awesome.

PencileyePirate
7th Feb 2015, 06:04
This looks absolutely fantastic. Cannot wait.

Irodium
7th Feb 2015, 15:17
Just to complete clarify, since I always think it's important to give credit where credit is due, Jay Zhang was our concept artist that worked on the evolved Deceiver (and Summoner) while Jason Newhouse is our concept artist that has made the majority of our characters, including the Prestige Hunter being discussed here.

I take my hat off to the gentleman (Jay Zhang), Evolved Deceiver is one marvelous skin.
If you plan on using Jay Zhang and Daniel Cabuco combo for the rest of the evolved I guess those lore-torches and hate-pikes will gather dust.

KaininitePriestess
8th Feb 2015, 02:48
AHHHH YES! This is SO TOTALLY the Zephonim that I remember from playing Soul Reaver! These guys have really become my favorite class, too, so this is like Christmas for me! 8'D I just look at that and instantly have flashbacks to Soul Reaver! XD Damn those spiders!

FireWorks_
8th Feb 2015, 04:26
Couldnt care less from who it comes as long as its great.

(This is meant in the sense that I dont want to promote some kind of mindless worshipping to specific people. Other people do the job obviously in the same great way and of course deserve their credit for it.)

Denaros
8th Feb 2015, 04:32
Perfect ! But no grey color scheme ? I think it fit better with zephon personality and we already have turel with green :(

Ygdrasel
8th Feb 2015, 16:27
Perfect ! But no grey color scheme ? I think it fit better with zephon personality and we already have turel with green :(

Yeah, the colors should maybe be designed and/or revised to align to the clan colors for evolved skins, at least.

Turel's was in fact green.

Zephon's was gray.

Melchiah had a yellow-gold thing going.

Rahab's preference was (obviously) blue.

Dumah rocked purple.

And Raz took red.

Lord_Aevum
8th Feb 2015, 17:01
Zephon's standard is actually either grey or green. There is no consistency in his art. You take your pick.

The_Hylden
8th Feb 2015, 21:26
As for the arms, they are spitting apart at the radius and ulna bones, it looks like. While this isn't how the Zephonim arms wind up looking, this look could still lead to that. The forearms of the fully devolved Zephonim get extremely long, with little barbs out of them and such:

http://www.nosgoth.net/Soul_Reaver/ZephonimA3.JPG

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/3/37/SR1-Enemies-Zephonim-Fledgling.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120825191550

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120825191609/legacyofkain/images/6/65/SR1-Enemies-Zephonim-Adult.jpg

Perhaps the ulna bone recedes and the back claw winds up forming those barbs on the forearm, while the remaining radius bone elongates and evolves another third claw.

I haven't seen it in years, but I think The Fly with Jeff Goldblum had his new fly arms unfold from the radius bone, adding more length that way, which I immediately thought of when seeing the torn skin and exoskeleton under it for them :) Having the arms tearing apart like this in their initial stages is a truly fitting, nasty way for these limbs to evolve on these guys. I think it can wind up on the path to the final devolved forms they'll become.

TonberryWEAPON
9th Feb 2015, 11:11
I've got slightly mixed opinions on this skin, which I have been waiting for since the launch of the class. The helmet's a bit "Shredder" for me, but I'll be viewing it from the back mainly so I doubt it'll be much of an issue in-game. I also think losing three toes ere gaining another is a slightly odd evolutionary path to take.

Beyond that, I like it. The arms are amazingly done, and I'm liking the way it continues the mutilation theme. The "corset" seems to have an almost medical feel to it, as if it's holding his frame together. The colour is also true to lore. I was hoping for the clan logo scarred or inked on his chest, but I'm not one to argue with the creator of a work. Perhaps that is part of the final pupation initiation...

All in all, it's not what I expected, but I like it quite a bit.

tl;dr? DEM FOREARMS!

Gugulug5000
11th Feb 2015, 07:36
Love the skin, especially the forearms! The only things I would change would be using gray instead of green (to avoid confusion with the Turelim, and just because I'm used to the Zephonim being represented by gray), and making the skin tone a little bit paler, since the zephonim end up REALLY pale.

Great skin though, props to everyone who worked on it. Now to grind out the last 2 and a half levels of my Deceiver.

EDIT: Oh and black leather pants couldn't hurt either.

Ygdrasel
11th Feb 2015, 08:06
to avoid confusion with the Turelim

They look and play 100% differently. People aren't going to confuse them, ever.

Gugulug5000
11th Feb 2015, 08:29
They look and play 100% differently. People aren't going to confuse them, ever.

I didn't mean it like that at all. I merely meant that new comers may find out that green is the color of the Turelim and then find out that the Zephonim are green as well and be confused. Obviously, not a big deal, but I think there's a reason they were switched from green in some versions of the game. Either way, the skin is awesome.

Vampmaster
11th Feb 2015, 10:04
I didn't mean it like that at all. I merely meant that new comers may find out that green is the color of the Turelim and then find out that the Zephonim are green as well and be confused. Obviously, not a big deal, but I think there's a reason they were switched from green in some versions of the game. Either way, the skin is awesome.

Well, the evolved Turelim 's skin was grey in the concept art, it came out green in game, so maybe the Zephonim's clothing would be the opposite. Plus, I'm still hoping for colour variants post-Rahab.

The_Hylden
11th Feb 2015, 10:19
The concept art has the clan color for the Tyrant as green:

Perhaps they can make it a different shade of green for the Deceiver, at least. Someone compiled the Soul Reaver 2 concept art of the Sarafan versions of them together, for comparison:

Rahab's clan color is an aquamarine blue, which can start to look similar also.

The Tyrant's is a darker, richer green. The Deciever with a paler, lighter green should suffice.

Denaros
11th Feb 2015, 13:53
Well, in game the human zephon have grey color (see the post of Lord_Aevum) for me it's better because all others have clearly different colors (it looks like he just copied turel color instead of choosing his own) why not zephon ? Plus grey suit his personality better.