PDA

View Full Version : Please include GAMMA and/or BRIGHTNESS options!

igsbee
4th Feb 2015, 07:26
This game is way to bright on my computer. My monitor, like many others are not perfectly calibrated.

Even when I change my gamma in Windows, or in my Nvidia settings, it has NO effect on the games brightness, because the game FORCES the windows default brightness/gamma.

Please either include a gamma/brightness slider, or have the game use the Calibrated ICC profile for Windows 7, and not the default. Or both!!

It is very washed out on my pc. It almost looks better on my PS3 (which is hooked up to a sony tv.) My monitors OSD controls do not help, because it does not have a proper brightness setting, only a backlight. Many monitors are like this.

Please fix this Square. It is not just my issue, its a general windows /game issue. Some games use the calibrated profile by default, others give you adequate gamma/brightness adjustments, this one does neither.

igsbee
4th Apr 2015, 21:51
tl;dr just asking to include a brightness slider like the ps3 version has.

Novicek
5th Apr 2015, 02:26
Yeah, it should be there. However, I believe there's a workaround for this. You mentioned the game forcing windows brightness and not your Nvidia one. That's most probably because the game is running in windowed mode. Some guy on steam forums found how to force fullscreen again, which should then enable you to mess with and apply the Nvidia brightness settings for the game. The thread is here http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/610573009248224082/ but to sum it up, just open regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Direct3D\Shims\MaximizedWindowedMode and change the value of the only key there to 0 (it's name is actually a path to your FFXIII executable). After that right click on the MaximizedWindowedMode folder, go to permissions, add another user named "Everyone" and set it's permissions to Deny Full Control (well, it's enough to change the write permission to deny, but it doesn't really matter) - the point of that is so that the game cannot set it to windowed mode again. Of course whoever did this port did that so that the exit confirmation box when you hit ESC actually shows up on the screen and now it won't again, but you can still press enter (or esc again) and it'll work.