PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - February 3rd 2015

Saikocat
3rd Feb 2015, 13:25
Summoner

The Summoner class is now available for unlock!
Class Unlock tokens are now available at Ranks 25 and 30, in addition to previous ranks
Players already at or beyond ranks 25 and 30 have been credited tokens in their inventory for those ranks
Additional abilities for the Summoner to expand her power set are being actively developed

Matchmaking

We are aware of issues with skill matching once players exit the New Recruit pool. Our team's top priority is updating our MMR algorithm to better evaluate players, as well as tweaking our matchmaking server based on the initial Open Beta results.

These changes are still in the works, but we have made the following changes in the interim:

New Recruit matches no longer affect your skill rating (MMR) used in any other mode in any way. We discovered some players were entering the main matchmaking pool with an inflated MMR from winning a high percentage of New Recruit matches.
When searching for a game, the initial MMR tolerance is much lower and expands to its maximum more slowly. In practice, this means searching may take longer on average, but is more likely to find a "good" game.

Balancing

Global Cooldown

In the last patch, we fixed a bug causing abilities to bypass the Global Cooldown, as this was both unintended and also broke the Prophet's Disabling Curse ability. The Global Cooldown, or GCD, is a 1 second delay after an ability is used on all other abilities, and was in the game since the Closed Alpha as a mechanic to mitigate ability combos, like Dive Bomb->Puncture, or Charge->Ground Slam.

We have listened to your feedback since the change that the game felt better or smoother with the GCD "bug" in place, and as a result have decided to eliminate it from the game. We agree that the game feels "smoother" without a GCD, but will continue to investigate solutions internally that place limits on these combos without sacrificing the "feel" of the game.

Hunter

Multibow

Damage has been increased to 70 per shot (was 65)
Recoil and Spread have been reduced slightly

Alchemist

Immolate

Activation delay reduced to 3.5 seconds (was 4)
Now grants a 20% movement speed bonus while active - chase down those vampires!

Prophet

Piercing Pistols

Redesigned. Now applies a short damage-over-time bleed effect on impact rather than passing through enemies.

Heavy Pistols

Recoil per shot increased, and recoil from firing increases more quickly

Quick Pistols

Recoil increase while firing happens more slowly

Reaver

Shadow Step

Shadow Step now has an exit velocity so you don't fall straight down

Humans

All human classes now play a Bandaging animation while using a Supply Station

Optimization

All persistent smoke particles, particularly those used by Alchemist and Hunter grenades and explosions, have been optimized, made less opaque, and a shorter lifespan. This should improve performance and reduce visibility concerns for human teams featuring these classes.
Graphics settings have been reworked and now offer options between "High Performance" and "High Quality", rather than Low vs. High

Bug Fixes

Fixed a memory leak related to online data sync
Fixed an issue causing Shadow Bomb to block AoE damage inside of it in certain scenarios
Fixed an issue causing your own AoE skills to sometimes block enemy AoE damage when the damage rings overlapped

FireWorks_
3rd Feb 2015, 13:38
Whooopieee! :D

Ysanoire
3rd Feb 2015, 13:39
There's so much more in this update than I expected.

Gotta try those new piercing pistols, since I have... 4 mysterious pairs lol.

Sanguise23
3rd Feb 2015, 13:41
awesome! shadowstep change is cool so is piecing pistols. cant wait to try this out tonight!

shinros
3rd Feb 2015, 13:42
Awesome update. :D

snejjjj
3rd Feb 2015, 13:43
I expect 4er Summoner Stack vs 4er Stack piercing pistols prophets tonight

Ysanoire
3rd Feb 2015, 13:45
I expect 4er Summoner Stack vs 4er Stack piercing pistols prophets tonight

Piercing pistol prophets and immolate alchemists lol.

FireWorks_
3rd Feb 2015, 13:49
Any details on the damage/bleed of piercing pistols?
Are there new achievements for the summoner?
Also will the current achievements see a pass in the next 2 weeks?

Already enjoyed immo with fleet footed. Cant wait for the new one :D

Saikocat
3rd Feb 2015, 14:06
No new achievements in this update, I'm afraid. I don't have news on achievement fixes but once I have some info to share I'll post it in the main thread.

FireWorks_
3rd Feb 2015, 14:15
Also any news on the small dick front aka how is FairFight doing?

Jallford
3rd Feb 2015, 14:59
Glad GCD was removed. I know it was annoying a lot of people! Combos aren't a massive problem as a) if you're in a situation where you've been hit by one, you deserve to be punished b) you still take reduced damage while getting up

Interested to see how the new Piercing Pistols work out!

Da_Wolv
3rd Feb 2015, 15:11
Get ready for the Immolation....

Saikocat
3rd Feb 2015, 15:15
We're back online now!

--Ram--
3rd Feb 2015, 15:16
Get ready for the Immolation....

immolation alchemists vs roof camp spell throwers. Let the baddie wars commence!

Celeress
3rd Feb 2015, 15:23
Idk about you guys.. But yay quick pistols! :D

Saikocat
3rd Feb 2015, 15:48
We're seeing a potential issue with the Summoner bundle, we're working to fix that (we'll make sure you get all your items)

MasterShuriko
3rd Feb 2015, 16:06
Summoner bundle? already =D

Gonna test this out tonight

Saikocat
3rd Feb 2015, 16:09
Yeah, it's a quick way to buy the extra abilities, the skins, and the execution, all at once (at a discounted price). Plus, it has a swish player banner, too.

FireWorks_
3rd Feb 2015, 16:14
Level cap is 50 now :D Now thats a new goal to aim for! Might want to edit into the OP

No its not, was just quickly in the ingame news:/

Saikocat
3rd Feb 2015, 16:40
Ah yes, it's not in this patch, but it is coming soon!

Vampmaster
3rd Feb 2015, 16:46
Ah yes, it's not in this patch, but it is coming soon!

Reward for reaching it?

SirRudyMan
3rd Feb 2015, 18:33
Thanks for the update Saikocat! :D Gonna try playing the Summoner in a bit :gamer:

MasterZtark
3rd Feb 2015, 18:50
Thanks Cat, everything in this update looks awesome and I can't wait to try it all out!

Garfild_ru
3rd Feb 2015, 22:31
Русская версия
Russian Version
http://nosgoth.ru/1331-update-nosgoth-03-02-2015/

Hawknezz
3rd Feb 2015, 22:56
I'm pretty upset that the war chests don't give you any uncanny or arcane items for the Summoner, saved those for a long time for nothing.

SquirrelInDaSky
4th Feb 2015, 04:44
Please make the chests drop MI as well. Ples

Ysanoire
4th Feb 2015, 05:23
Chests and promotion bags too. Ples

absinthesize
4th Feb 2015, 07:10
im pleasantly surprised by this patch, several things intrigue me.

seeing how quick pistols/heavy pistols and piercing pistols stack up to eachother now

get to try my multibow again with my hunter

im also curious if using shadowstep will open up any new strats now that they dont lose there momentum from it.

Squigiligimous
4th Feb 2015, 11:18
Legitimately sad they removed the GCD. I felt it was better and kept ability from all being spammed into combos. Oh well. Perhaps you can just have certain ability trigger a cooldown instead of all?

absinthesize
4th Feb 2015, 12:17
Legitimately sad they removed the GCD. I felt it was better and kept ability from all being spammed into combos. Oh well. Perhaps you can just have certain ability trigger a cooldown instead of all?

while some of the combos are troublesome, breaking some of the others has a vastly more negative impact namely the combos where you use an ability then a defensive cooldown. breaking those with the GCD caused a severe impact that wasnt good for the game.

certain combos while fun to land, may or may not be uneeded.

I dont feel it makes the game spammy tho, rather it feels combo-ey. things needing to be used wisely in conjunction.

lucinvampire
4th Feb 2015, 15:09
Seems like a good patch :D - was quite surprised there wasn't too much of 4 class spamming with the Summoner. She seems nice indeed - I like her lots and lots and lots and lots and lots!

Random question - were new quotes added for the classes? I just noticed last night my Tyrant said something he never has before so am curious?

Seems this patch has lowered my FPS though with the new settings - even with it dropped to the new "low" settings, it's cut things by about 10 FPS...sad times. Anyone else notice a drop on theirs?

Aggggh
4th Feb 2015, 15:15
Am I the only rank 40 that only got two class unlock artifacts?

FireWorks_
4th Feb 2015, 15:22
Summoner

The Summoner class is now available for unlock!
Class Unlock tokens are now available at Ranks 25 and 30, in addition to previous ranks
Players already at or beyond ranks 25 and 30 have been credited tokens in their inventory for those ranks
Additional abilities for the Summoner to expand her power set are being actively developed

Her F shield feels a bit meh... very immobile. Id personally love to be able to use it during dropping from a ledge. Would make it feel a lot less clunky.
Her melee animation is something I need to get used to. At the moment is a pain to aim it since her TaiChi is switching directions and looks cool but feels weird. Never know when it will actually hit.

Her abilities lack an audio cue in my opinion. The game was always very audio reliant and allowed dodging even when not seeing things. Maybe im not into it enough, but the RMB skills were both pretty annoying when not coming from the visible front.

New Recruit matches no longer affect your skill rating (MMR) used in any other mode in any way. We discovered some players were entering the main matchmaking pool with an inflated MMR from winning a high percentage of New Recruit matches.
When searching for a game, the initial MMR tolerance is much lower and expands to its maximum more slowly. In practice, this means searching may take longer on average, but is more likely to find a "good" game.

Good move, waiting is actually longer but the cases of newbie were a lot less in the couple match. Seems to work, at least for my solo queues.

Balancing

Global Cooldown

Alchemist

Immolate

Activation delay reduced to 3.5 seconds (was 4)
Now grants a 20% movement speed bonus while active - chase down those vampires!

I had high hopes for this one, but the crux of this ability is the animation where she goes in the air to blow up. During this time, the vamps still have plent of time to get away. Even with its new speed boost and Fleet Footed vamps rarely get damage, that is comparable when just not using immo and firing instead (or using a grenade).

Prophet

Piercing Pistols

Redesigned. Now applies a short damage-over-time bleed effect on impact rather than passing through enemies.

Heavy Pistols

Recoil per shot increased, and recoil from firing increases more quickly

Quick Pistols

Recoil increase while firing happens more slowly

New Piercers are awesome and feel like the new meta, that heavies were before.

What saddens me though is that now with the summons, piercing could have actually been a viable option.
Id rather tried the heavies to cause bleeding and keep the old piercing effect to penetrate the summons.

Reaver

Shadow Step

Shadow Step now has an exit velocity so you don't fall straight down

This is great! Much appreciated!

Humans

All human classes now play a Bandaging animation while using a Supply Station

Barely noticed, but didnt pay much attention to it. Seemed to be only noticable from a short distance. Glad to have aboard though.

Optimization

All persistent smoke particles, particularly those used by Alchemist and Hunter grenades and explosions, have been optimized, made less opaque, and a shorter lifespan. This should improve performance and reduce visibility concerns for human teams featuring these classes.
Graphics settings have been reworked and now offer options between "High Performance" and "High Quality", rather than Low vs. High

Didnt notice it tbh. Didnt play much alch though.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a memory leak related to online data sync
Fixed an issue causing Shadow Bomb to block AoE damage inside of it in certain scenarios
Fixed an issue causing your own AoE skills to sometimes block enemy AoE damage when the damage rings overlapped

RazielWarmonic
4th Feb 2015, 17:39
My first thoughts on summoner:

She is the most squishiest class, has ranged, and thus is the biggest griefer class known to man at this present time.
She's frustrating to play against because she isn't good, but because she is simply annoying and nothing more. Her health and melee seems weaker then a reaver for some reason. Her melee is really janky and I and some others I was talking to personally had trouble landing it. She can't 1v1 a half competent human whom may or may not be asleep at their computer.

Because of this, she is confined to sitting halfway across the map with hell fire, casting it, throwing minions, and rinsing and repeating.

The way I tried to play this class was use my RMB as chip, summon my summons, and follow them into battle. Regardless of this, I still somehow just... die, with little to zero damage done. Again, her best option is just to chip from the saftey of a roof and run the timer down to 0:00 every match with maybe 10 kills on each side.

Hellfire has too much range, and damage. It is hard to dodge as well, the only way you know it's coming is if you're looking directly at the summoner and even then you have to hope for the best where it's going to land because there is zero indication of where it is going to land and the radius. For some reason, people's arguments has been "but sentinel's airstrike can be thrown from cover half way across the map!", my retaliation for that is simple: It's dodgeable. You hear it come in, have at least a second or two to react to that sound alone, then when it plops down you have another 1.5 secs to get out of radius. At most you should take 20-40 damage from it. Another criticism is that it's hard and clunky to aim, at least, for me.

Oddly, I love abyssal bolt. The targeting makes sense, it's dodgeable, the range is great, it has a wind-up time, perfect. I just get sad when it sticks on stuff that is in my face when I try to throw it. :(

The summons are mostly fine, I think the small ones need a 70-75 health reduction. 4 hits on a hunter crossbow to kill one is, well, a LOT. Also their melee needs to be looked at, the damage from them is fine, however they seem to only hit 10% of the swings they throw.

Shield is fine, still trying to figure out the logistics of it and what it blocks. Would love to see another escape ability though, as my biggest problem with summoner is no initiation/escape.

There is just no synergy in her kit at the moment, it's just awkward and out of place, and I think it has mostly to do with hellfire. :\

These are my first impressions after have a few discussions with other people, this is kind of the conclusion we came to. She is just a troll class, not hard to play against, but frustrating and I'm even having hesitations of opening the game today because I don't want to run into another game where the kills are 10-10 maybe and we have to wait for the timer to run out. I don't want you guys to make hasty decisions, half of this is just me ranting, the other half is my opinion.

I trust you guys to fix this, so I'm not worried.

On the plus side, I am LOVING the multibow changes. WOOOOO!

Am I the only rank 40 that only got two class unlock artifacts?

You were only supposed to get two. So no, every 40 got two class unlock tokens.

Sanguise23
4th Feb 2015, 18:10
my brother got 3 unlocks, he is lv 40 i got 2

Saikocat
5th Feb 2015, 11:29
Hey everyone,

There is an audio issue at the moment with the Summoner's Hell Strike, it will be fixed in an update. Right now it's not working correctly on the Human side, so it'll be why it feels like there's no warning you're about to get hit.

-Konf-
5th Feb 2015, 11:43
There is an audio issue at the moment with the Summoner's Hell Strike, it will be fixed in an update. Right now it's not working correctly on the Human side, so it'll be why it feels like there's no warning you're about to get hit.
Oh that explains it! So is that what just got fixed in the mini-maintenance that just finished or are you saying the fix will be deployed in the future update? Sorry, just making sure!

--Ram--
5th Feb 2015, 11:52
Oddly, I love abyssal bolt. The targeting makes sense, it's dodgeable, the range is great, it has a wind-up time, perfect. I just get sad when it sticks on stuff that is in my face when I try to throw it. :(

Definitely with you here. Abyssal feels weaker but I like the design better. I like the targeting method. I also like the fact that it rewards use at opportune moments and as a combo, and doesn't do a lot if just thrown in without any thought. I like that you can cancel it too.

I think summoner is in an okay spot having just been introduced. If it can be shifted to feel a little less cheesy and campy then I think it will be good. More skills and some tweaking down the track will help as well I'm sure.

Saikocat
5th Feb 2015, 16:03
Oh that explains it! So is that what just got fixed in the mini-maintenance that just finished or are you saying the fix will be deployed in the future update? Sorry, just making sure!

It'll go out in a game update, earlier today there was a brief site maintenance, so no changes to the game at that point.

-Konf-
5th Feb 2015, 17:14
Thank you for letting us know :)

That change really needs to find its way into the game so that people stop crying that Summoner is broken and start adjusting and actually assessing the class from objective point of view.