PDA

View Full Version : KUDOS to Square Enix

Falkonic
2nd Feb 2015, 23:32
One of the best games I have ever played, in my opinion as good if not better than WolfAmongUS/WalkingDead/GameofThrones (Telltale). The Light House reminded me of Alan Wake which I loved. The Setting combined with such a relaxing music was killer. I am really excited about the overall quality of the last Square Enix Games I played. Keep it up. :)

ZombieScum666
3rd Feb 2015, 16:47
I loved it too just one thing though DEVS IF YOUR READING MORE PUZZLES PLEASE pretty please lets keep point and clicks alive

Auric180
4th Feb 2015, 04:58
This story reminds me of Smallville, a cyclone, Chloe, high school, etc.

ScottBlows
11th Feb 2015, 10:10
One of the best games I have ever played, in my opinion as good if not better than WolfAmongUS/WalkingDead/GameofThrones (Telltale). The Light House reminded me of Alan Wake which I loved. The Setting combined with such a relaxing music was killer. I am really excited about the overall quality of the last Square Enix Games I played. Keep it up. :)

thanks so much for your support for the game. We hope you enjoy EP2 when it's released

Riversky
18th Apr 2015, 22:24
I totally agree with the OP (also re Alan Wake ^^).

Thank you SE for giving a chance to something different. Something that deserves a lot of praise in this increasingly unoriginal and sometimes hostile gaming world. There are people interested in something new and who value a good story, character development and ambiance over a FPS or an alpha male lead character (don't grab the pitchforks yet people, I love playing well written alpha males, I'm just grateful to have an alternative ;)). We do exist. Thanks DontNod & Square Enix for this gem, I haven't felt this good playing a game in a long time.

ScottBlows
20th Apr 2015, 08:45
I totally agree with the OP (also re Alan Wake ^^).

Thank you SE for giving a chance to something different. Something that deserves a lot of praise in this increasingly unoriginal and sometimes hostile gaming world. There are people interested in something new and who value a good story, character development and ambiance over a FPS or an alpha male lead character (don't grab the pitchforks yet people, I love playing well written alpha males, I'm just grateful to have an alternative ;)). We do exist. Thanks DontNod & Square Enix for this gem, I haven't felt this good playing a game in a long time.

and Thank YOU for playing! We really can't thank you all enough

mysterycycle
25th Apr 2015, 05:21
Just wanted to echo the praises here. "Life Is Strange" is a great game. I really enjoy playing this style of game (The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones), and getting to play one from the perspective of a teenaged girl is a welcome change from the standard 20-30 year-old white guy. I guess I'm going to just repeat everything Riversky said. But it needs to be said!

The story is intriguing, and the setting is fun (the "Twin Peaks" references and the small-town-in-the-woods thing Arcadia Bay play strongly on my nostalgia - I grew up in a similar small town in the San Bernardino Mountains in California, and watched "Twin Peaks" when I was in high school). Funny story - my wife and I have been between homes, deciding where we want to move. Though it wasn't the only influence on my decision, playing Episode 1 definitely helped to push me toward deciding on Oregon.

Thanks for taking a chance on this game!