PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious item distribution

DarkShaolin
2nd Feb 2015, 23:03
I've been playing for 2 days straight, and my buddy who was also with me, got 3 mysterious items. Someone received one in most games I played. I'm just curious how they are distributed because this is starting to become bs.

Razaiim
3rd Feb 2015, 00:09
Its a straight up dice roll for each player. No mitigating or altering factors. Corey mentioned implementing a loss streak fix where each time the event doesn't happen, the chance to find increases, but the system isn't in.

Ysanoire
3rd Feb 2015, 01:00
It's completely random. Every time you finish a match you have a small chance to receive something.

Personally I've had streaks of dozens of hours where I didn't get a thing, and once I got 3 items in 12 games or so.

PencileyePirate
3rd Feb 2015, 01:16
Corey has said that player drops are independent; one player getting a MI does not reduce chances for the other players.

-Konf-
3rd Feb 2015, 05:31
Right now it's just a random drop (around 2-3% if I recall correctly) and each and every player, no matter the circumstances, has the same chance to loot one. You can have all 8 people score a mystery item at the end of the match, and I hope we will see a screenshot of that one day.

A lot of people get frustrated watching their friends get lucky, while they have nothing. In my experience, luck averages itself out over time.

Like people said, the system that will increase your chances of getting loot the longer you go without scoring an item are being considered. Additionally, with the release of Crafting System you will be able to "progress" towards creating a mystery item rather than rely on chance, so the feeling will be more stable and fair.

Khalith
3rd Feb 2015, 09:46
A lot of people get frustrated watching their friends get lucky, while they have nothing. In my experience, luck averages itself out over time.

I struggle to understand the frustration at times. Mostly because I can't really see the benefit of using blue/green items most of the time, maybe it's just my luck but nearly every blue or green I get is either on a weapon that isn't so good (I have an MI multibow for example with absolutely no chance of me ever leveling it up because multibow is lame compared to the other options) or the bonus/penalty really don't mesh well with my style of play (I got an MI fullbore cannon a few days ago, decided to get it to stage 1 and got a +15% hp regained from health stations and a -5% reload speed, totally useless in my opinion).

I can understand in a game like Destiny which uses a dice roll and can reward those that do almost nothing with some of the best gear in the game, but the MI's don't really offer much outside of a graphic and an expensive recharge fee, 2k gold to recharge my somewhat useful MI fully unlocked Disguise on my Deceiver which I only did because I enjoy the lightning graphic but did feel tempted to switch back to the normal one if only because the bonus/penalties are pretty meh.

Rago600
3rd Feb 2015, 10:20
It's completely random. Every time you finish a match you have a small chance to receive something.

Personally I've had streaks of dozens of hours where I didn't get a thing, and once I got 3 items in 12 games or so.

Yeah its like this,.