PDA

View Full Version : Echolocation needs improvement

shootzz
1st Feb 2015, 23:28
This is the least used skill of the Sentinel and I can see why, all can you do is see where humans are and that's pretty much it, so if anyone have ideas on how to improve it then post it here.

I will start off with a little tweak such as making it possible for Sentinel to see when a scout is using cloak. At the moment once the scout went invi then you can't see him anymore with the echo, idk if this is intentional or not but it would be a good start on improving it.

The second improvement if possible is to make the mode better and more clear, right now when u use it, it just change the screen to a grey and hard to see screen, I feel like you guys can do better with the color so that you can see the environment more clearly. For references, the game Evolve for ps4 have monsters that can use echolocation and the animation for it is quite nice, something similar to that would work.

Derenger21
2nd Feb 2015, 00:33
I agree in part;
I think simply because of the slot echolocation is in, it needs improvement. I'm giving up moderate damage and high maneuver to use this scouting tool, I'm all for playing support but I'm not willing to make that big a sacrifice for the small benefit.
My idea for a buff would be making it Passive, Something along the lines of;
'While in flight, Humans within X radius of the Sentinel are revealed to team, does not affect stealthed enemies'
or add another effect to the existing ability;
'5 seconds duration, 20 seconds cooldown, Reveals and Slows enemies'
Just examples.

cmstache
2nd Feb 2015, 02:38
Feel free to do some searches around the forum. Echolocation has needed changes from day one. It's just lower on the priority list. There have been numerous suggestions ranging from merely adjusting the tool tip explanation, making it distort the sound cues that other players hear, or even to visibly haze enemy player screens. Each has it's own merits, but suggestions have been given. For what it's worth, it did get a tweak when Open Beta started. However, it was purely a visual thing for the sentinel and not how it reacts with players.

Vampmaster
2nd Feb 2015, 10:09
I know I've repeated this a lot, but I still say combine it with another ability and rename it as something that wasn't stolen from Turel (He of the massive ears who used echolocation to track Raziel in Defiance). Preferable something of the spellbinding nature that the Razielim were famous for.

Razaiim
2nd Feb 2015, 23:46
Echolocate hasnt had a significant change since release, it's been acknowledged as being a poor contender for other skills in the slot. I am no longer holding my breath for it.

Also this thread has some pretty good discussion on the ability: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=14655&highlight=echolocate