PDA

View Full Version : Balance cloaking

GoldenWH
1st Feb 2015, 21:47
Good game so far, right now my biggest complaint is invisibility. It is trivial for me to see human invisiblity, yet I cannot see vampire invisibility even when they are right up next to me. I think you can fix this by adding a glass/distortion effect to both races as well as a particle effect. It could also be my graphics settings - I know that I had that problem in Planetside 2, until I went to a higher quality - but I am using the default settings afaik so this shouldn't be happening. Thanks and keep up the good work!

RainaAudron
1st Feb 2015, 22:02
Deceiver is completely invisible, however you can still hear his footsteps and see the dust on the ground as he walks.

Cristari
1st Feb 2015, 22:10
The Two of them are pretty hard to spot when cloaked as long as you know what to look for you can pretty much chase both of them when they are cloaked. I do however feel the deceiver has the worst of it out of the two Since His cloak has to either terminate in a Disguised form or they have to cancel it out if they can not use another skill.

--Ram--
2nd Feb 2015, 06:24
Not sure why you would assume that the two cloak skills need to be comparable in terms of ease of detection. Many people have no trouble finding deceivers during invisibility anyway, they aren't anywhere close to being undetectable.

Listen for audio tells, notice where they move to prior to activating disguise if possible, look out for footsteps and dust, and stand in a place where they have trouble reaching you within the few seconds they get if possible. If you are suspicious fire a few shots and look for smoke puffs indicating a connection.

Not sure what you are talking about in terms of deceiver Cristari, it isn't hard to cancel disguise via a roll prior to giving away your location if your approach is unsuccessful.

GoldenWH
2nd Feb 2015, 07:53
I don't see why they should be completely invisible. For instance in a match I just played, I knew exactly where the deceiver was (not because i could see it - I watched, and there was no dust moving on the ground or shimmer in the air, but because i knew i was being chased and there was only one way in the corridor), and as soon as the decloak sound started i activated my bolas, but it was so fast he still managed to hit me before the bolas went off, interrupting it. Running doesn't really help against a vampire, either. If it wasn't for AOE i would just stand still like a turret and fight like that. Hopefully objective mode will become more popular.

absinthesize
2nd Feb 2015, 08:20
I don't see why they should be completely invisible. For instance in a match I just played, I knew exactly where the deceiver was (not because i could see it - I watched, and there was no dust moving on the ground or shimmer in the air, but because i knew i was being chased and there was only one way in the corridor), and as soon as the decloak sound started i activated my bolas, but it was so fast he still managed to hit me before the bolas went off, interrupting it. Running doesn't really help against a vampire, either. If it wasn't for AOE i would just stand still like a turret and fight like that. Hopefully objective mode will become more popular.

some tips

dont try to bola backstab

dodge backstab, MUCH easier, and lets you save bola for after

also, if you land bola, and your alone, and the vampire is at full hp, and your not sure if you can solo him...dont...turn and sprint. bola will last its full duration, or they will pop there CD that breaks it, wich has a longer duration...essentially wasting there cooldown. in the duration of bola, you can get back close enough to your teamates to save you.

of course if there are multiple vampires your SoL, but thats ok.

--Ram--
2nd Feb 2015, 09:06
I don't see why they should be completely invisible. I knew exactly where the deceiver was (not because i could see it - I watched, and there was no dust moving on the ground or shimmer in the air, but because i knew i was being chased and there was only one way in the corridor), and as soon as the decloak sound started i activated my bolas, but it was so fast he still managed to hit me before the bolas went off, interrupting it

In the situation you just described you already won, all you needed to do is throw the bola down the corridor. Why wait for him to decloak? Just do it and kill him.

You basically just described why it doesn't matter if deceivers can be invisible, you can find them regardless.

-Konf-
2nd Feb 2015, 09:24
I don't see why they should be completely invisible.
Because that's the class design and without it Deceivers will be on a brink of being not viable at all. Deceiver is intended to be your stealthy risk/reward character. He is different to the rest of the Vampires in a sense where instead of dealing damage with his RMB all he gets is a relatively safe approach, and has limited options to get out.

With invisibility you have a class that (in my opinion) has a pretty balanced trade off between what Disguise allows to accomplish. Apart from that it encourages Human players to play better and learn how to counter and approach certain situations.

Your movement options are fairly limited with Disguise. Approaching any half-decent Human team while being semi-invisible will get you killed 100% of the time. Your suggestion of giving Disguise some visual indicator turns an RMB into a completely unfair and strictly worse version of Shroud.