PDA

View Full Version : Gimped Tyrant [GCD]

Tetrajoule
31st Jan 2015, 13:42
Hello Staff,

Now that the GCD works, the tyrant seems to be heavily gimped, after a charge I usually was able to follow it with a ground slam, now that the GCD prevents it I can be interrupted by ANY ability whatsoever that controls/stunlocks me, only scout knives(which are the fastest cc ability ) could interrupt my groundslam before. Meaning I immediately have to dodge after I charge, thus getting a load of damage (and cc because I am a big pile of meat which can be hit by a baby) because I am the slowest moving vamp class.
So now I have to walk extremely slowly to an enemy to groundslam him... I could suicide right away, that would be way more effective.

Tyrant hitboxes are ****, our Hp got nerfed, now gcd prevents using basic abilities.
And why does the enrage ability have an animation? Haste of the reaver hasn't and the duration of haste fits the reaver attack speed, while enrage doesn't. It's too short and animation takes time away from the duration.

You just seriously nerfed one of the classes that needed several exploits to be able to even compete with other classes.
Buff the tyrant and then enable GCD, because this is literally stupid.

My 2 cents, but tyrant was my main class and now it is no fun playing with him anymore.

What do other people think?

I am all up for GCD, but we need to fix the overall gameplay mechanism of the tyrant.

Khalith
31st Jan 2015, 13:47
I agree with you that the Tyrant does not need any nerfs and that it was in fact indirectly nerfed with the GCD fix. Not change, it was a fix as the GCD was intended to be there but we got used to it not being there. That being said, charge in to ground slam (i.e. stunlock combo by a single class with no chance at counterplay) was lame and did need to go. The GCD tacked on to enrage though? Now that I agree was unnecessary.

Tetrajoule
31st Jan 2015, 14:42
I agree with you that the Tyrant does not need any nerfs and that it was in fact indirectly nerfed with the GCD fix. Not change, it was a fix as the GCD was intended to be there but we got used to it not being there. That being said, charge in to ground slam (i.e. stunlock combo by a single class with no chance at counterplay) was lame and did need to go. The GCD tacked on to enrage though? Now that I agree was unnecessary.

I agree with the groundslam stunlock fix, as well as the gcd, but I think the abilities don't synergies anymore, there must be some new rearrangements between abilities as well as overall movement/hitbox fixes

Rolphy
31st Jan 2015, 15:52
I Totally agree with u buddy with all u said plus i do most of the damage and then a team member come and steal the kill, i get around 100-130 points which i dont have a problem with but then he get 150+ points for landing the last hit and stealing the kill from me?!
that's the problem the point division system is not fair for the one who do most of the damage and encourage on kill stealing.
My suggestion is if the total killing points is worth 150 then divide it based on the damage that was dealt so if i did 800 damage and a team member did 200 damage i take 80% of the 150 (which is 120) and my team member take the remaining 30 but for me to take 120 and he take 150 for landing the last hit is unfair for my as a Tyrant which is my main. Thx.

Friendly_Kido
31st Jan 2015, 16:39
I can't agree more! I love the Tyrant class so much. But all the cons are driving me away from him, especially the hit box. It's just so hard to land a charged hit!!

Gnarlez
1st Feb 2015, 00:00
Why was the enrage tyrant activation nerfed?

Pre-patch you could activate enrage, and jump immediately after.

Now there is like at least 1 second of full enrage waste before you can jump. I dont see why this was needed, just made Tyrant even clunkier to play. Which aint really helping.

absinthesize
1st Feb 2015, 09:51
@Gnarlez

it wasnt really targeted at tyrants, it was a general gcd fix for vampires. one that has negatively impacted some things.

the devs are talking about changing/reverting it. we must wait and see.

Gnarlez
1st Feb 2015, 13:32

No counterplay to charge? I beg to differ.

Khalith
1st Feb 2015, 13:48
No counterplay to charge? I beg to differ.

I was referring to the fact that if you were hit by charge the Tyrant could immediately follow up with a ground slam without you able to do anything. That's what I referred to by "no counterplay." Now, if you are hit by the charge you still have time to throw out a CC to stop the slam.