PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to stream to Twitch but not working

JollyRogue
30th Jul 2014, 03:35
I'm able to login to my Twitch account in-game, but basically when I click 'start stream', it does nothing. I've never streamed anything to Twitch, so I might just be a complete newbie, but I would like to stream my experience.

lucinvampire
30th Jul 2014, 10:27
I haven't tried Streaming myself yet so can't really give too much input - if you've followed the instructions mentioned in the blog post (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/step-by-step-how-to-use-nosgoth-twitch-integration)then it maybe a bug. I'd maybe try next time you log on and see if it happens again - but hopefully someone who Streams will see this and be able to give you a bit of guidance.

Saikocat
30th Jul 2014, 13:46
Have you tried setting your bit rate manually?

JollyRogue
30th Jul 2014, 19:11
I have not- in fact, I'm not really sure what that means :P
I know there's a selection for bit rate, but I wasn't sure what exactly it did so I haven't messed with it.

cmstache
30th Jul 2014, 21:38
Bit rate is the amount of kb/sec you are dedicating to uploading the stream to twitch. The general rule that twitch gives is to assign approx 60-70% of your max upload rate (determined by your internet plan) to streaming bit rate.

For example, if I have a 20/2 connection to the internet (20mb/sec download, 2 mb/sec upload) I'd dedicate approximately 1200-1400kb/sec to the stream (your bit rate). This number may need adjusting though. I personally only give it about 55% of my max because I start seeing my ping go up some in game. The key to remember is that the more your bit rate is the better quality, but the less the rest of your computer(s) in your house has to use.

FireWorks_
31st Jul 2014, 09:46
I'm able to login to my Twitch account in-game, but basically when I click 'start stream', it does nothing. I've never streamed anything to Twitch, so I might just be a complete newbie, but I would like to stream my experience.

I ran into the same problem (strean button doesnt react) and was pretty inexperienced with streaming. I just knew I had the CPU and upload for it, so i wanted to run it out of the box. By the time I had an external client running, the ingame one worked too. No clue what has changed though.

JollyRogue
31st Jul 2014, 17:30
@cmstache Hmm... Okay, well I know there are other people who are using the internet on my same connection, so I'll probably dedicate less than that to streaming so I don't annoy them.

@FireWorks911 I've been considering just downloading an external client, but I figure it's just a bit buggy because it's a relatively new feature, and that's kinda what these betas are for, so I assumed they'll have it all fixed sooner or later.

NovelEntity
5th Aug 2014, 11:51
I also wonder how to pull this off, there is no reaction when I click the ''start stream'' button at all, I'm a noob at this aswell so if there would happen to be some developer reading this any help would be appreciated at this point.

Saikocat
5th Aug 2014, 12:02
Could you try setting the bitrate manually in the settings, to see if that helps?

Go in to Settings, then to Twitch, and after you log in you'll see a few menu options there. One of them is the Streaming Bitrate. If you can select a value there manually, see if you are able to hit the Start Stream button after that.

For some info on a specific setting to use, cmstache replied above with a few pointers, as it will depend on your internet connection. Do you know what your download and upload speeds are? If not, try using this page as it'll test your speed for you:
http://www.speedtest.net