PDA

View Full Version : No menu's displaying

Altrounson
30th Jan 2015, 06:22
i no this inst the proper place for this post but there is no technical help forum yet for this game.

When i start the game there are no menu's displaying i just get the background shot with the music if by hitting the enter key and arrows i can start the game but when i hit escape the screen greys out with no menu and if i hit tab just go's black.

any idea whats going wrong?

i have tried reinstalling the game but no luck

thanks

Grimoire
30th Jan 2015, 18:27
Could you notify customer support (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=11621&la=2) about this? They should be able to help you with this issue.

shevaneltaketwo
2nd Feb 2015, 01:22
i no this inst the proper place for this post but there is no technical help forum yet for this game.

When i start the game there are no menu's displaying i just get the background shot with the music if by hitting the enter key and arrows i can start the game but when i hit escape the screen greys out with no menu and if i hit tab just go's black.

any idea whats going wrong?

i have tried reinstalling the game but no luck

thanks

I emailed them and they told me to right click on the game in Steam and to click Properties >> Local Files >> Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Mine returned successfully, but I am still having this same problem. No menus, no text on items in-game, and no subtitles. I have responded to them and am waiting for the next step. Let me know if anyone solves this. I am still waiting to play this game. x_x

shevaneltaketwo
2nd Feb 2015, 01:23
There's also this, but this didn't work for me either.

http://gamunation.com/error-fixes-for-life-is-strange-pc-stuttering-game-not-launching-red-and-green-lines-issue/

Grimoire
2nd Feb 2015, 03:42
Thank you for your most helpful posts, shevaneltaketwo. I will keep an eye out and notify you should I come across anything that might help.

shevaneltaketwo
2nd Feb 2015, 07:46
I got it!! I went into Nvidia Control Panel and under "Adjust image settings with Preview". I selected "Use my preference emphasizing:" and I changed it to Performance instead of Quality. I now have a menu! Hope this works for you.

Grimoire
2nd Feb 2015, 15:09
I am pleased to hear that the issue was finally resolved.

Minigolfhooligan
25th Mar 2015, 10:31
I got it!! I went into Nvidia Control Panel and under "Adjust image settings with Preview". I selected "Use my preference emphasizing:" and I changed it to Performance instead of Quality. I now have a menu! Hope this works for you.

I had the same problem and changing the settings to "performance" worked perfectly.