PDA

View Full Version : MISC. A few suggestions

ToXlayzer
29th Jan 2015, 19:15
I have been throughly enjoying nosgoth and here are some things that I think would greatly improve the gameplay.

1: When a reaver leaps the human can roll back at the right moment and do a 'stab' attack. pushing back and dealing a small amount of damage to the reaver to avoid getting pinned to the ground. This only works if the human is facing the reaver when he jumps. Leaving the possibility of a sneak jump still viable.

2: humans should be able to revive! Forcing vamps to carry away or execute their victims more to keep the human numbers down. nothing serious. like reviving for 30-40% health.

3:Alchemist or prophet needs more 'raid' heals. EG throwing a healing potion of the ground for AOE healing but can also heal vamps that are in the circle.

4: The introduction of leagues would be really cool eventually. Similar to SC2's system of bronze, silver, gold.

Game modes:

Larger scale battles! Not competitive but fun! say 8v8 or 16v16.
Defend objectives! Flashpoint is super fun as a human and is decently fun as a vampire. I would love to see more 'defend the castle' type game modes on a larger scale.

General balance:

Humans and vamps feel both underpowered and overpowered at times. My greatest problem is that vamps can get hit markers from an astounding distance making it impossible to 'run away' as a human. No matter if you dodging or running the vamps can just spam click away and kill you.

Also fall damage on humans is kind of silly. If I jump off a 2 foot wall I shouldn't take 60 damage. Or let it be where if a human rolls of the edge of something x height it negates the fall damage.

HoopleDoople
29th Jan 2015, 20:25
1: When a reaver leaps the human can roll back at the right moment and do a 'stab' attack. pushing back and dealing a small amount of damage to the reaver to avoid getting pinned to the ground. This only works if the human is facing the reaver when he jumps. Leaving the possibility of a sneak jump still viable.

With proper timing a roll to the side lets Humans avoid a Reaver pounce. There's no need for a push mechanic as the Human is free to shoot the Reaver as soon as they come out of their roll.

2: humans should be able to revive! Forcing vamps to carry away or execute their victims more to keep the human numbers down. nothing serious. like reviving for 30-40% health.

At higher skill levels the Humans already have the edge on Vampires. Adding a revive ability for Humans would completely break the balance between the factions. You'd end up with cases like 4 Vampires dying compared to 3 Humans dying (a closely fought battle) resulting in 4 points for the humans and little to none for the Vampires.

3:Alchemist or prophet needs more 'raid' heals. EG throwing a healing potion of the ground for AOE healing but can also heal vamps that are in the circle.

The Alchemist has a Healing Mist ability I advise you to look into. Exactly what you described except Vampires cannot heal from it. The Prophet has a Sacrifice ability where she expends health to heal a targeted ally. It's a very underrated ability that allows the Prophet to fit into more of a support role.

4: The introduction of leagues would be really cool eventually. Similar to SC2's system of bronze, silver, gold.

I believe the developers have already made plans for a ranked matchmaking. I couldn't give specifics on how the system will work though.

Larger scale battles! Not competitive but fun! say 8v8 or 16v16.

I suspect this would work very poorly but I would love the option for larger battles in private matches. If nothing else it could make for an amusing diversion.

Defend objectives! Flashpoint is super fun as a human and is decently fun as a vampire. I would love to see more 'defend the castle' type game modes on a larger scale.

I suspect we'll eventually get at least one more objective mode but they've proven quite tricky for the developers to balance. That is a unfortunate side effect of the games primary selling point - asymmetric team combat.

Humans and vamps feel both underpowered and overpowered at times. My greatest problem is that vamps can get hit markers from an astounding distance making it impossible to 'run away' as a human. No matter if you dodging or running the vamps can just spam click away and kill you.

The inability to flee is very much intended. As Vampires your challenge is to assault an entrenched group of Humans. As Humans your challenge is to weather said assault, not to flee it. That said, with greater experience you will learn to better utilize rolls and abilities to avoid melee hits and better survive against Vampires.

Also fall damage on humans is kind of silly. If I jump off a 2 foot wall I shouldn't take 60 damage. Or let it be where if a human rolls of the edge of something x height it negates the fall damage.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but fall damage is a necessary mechanic in the game. This prevents Humans from using high dropoffs as an easy way to evade Vampire abilities (it's still an option but it has the cost of some health) and is a large part of how the Sentinel deals his damage. If it bothers you too much there is a perk for Humans that somewhat reduces fall damage taken.