PDA

View Full Version : Unbalanced (prophet)

Jesterkaos
29th Jan 2015, 18:06
The prophet is op and needs to be nurfed. I can be playing as a vampire and be doing fine, but then as soon as someone becomes a prophet i can't even get close to the humans, this is due to dual wield pistols being so powerful and killing me in about 4 hits, or even less. If not the prophet's pistols that get nurfed the ether make a vampire that can easily deal with them or make something like the sentinel more resistant to the prophet.

--Ram--
29th Jan 2015, 18:09
Highest damage pistol deals 150 damage so try 7 hits min. Hunters do more dps than prophets. You are exaggerating.

SquirrelInDaSky
29th Jan 2015, 18:42
Oh noes, i got killed by a prophet that one time. I don't know what abilities/pistols he used, i don't know what he did or how many times he shot me. I have no idea what should be changed and why.Better go make a pointless thread on the forumz.

mauvo58
29th Jan 2015, 18:48
Be nice guys.

PencileyePirate
29th Jan 2015, 18:49
You probably just ran into a good player ... prophet isn't OP.

SquirrelInDaSky
29th Jan 2015, 18:50
Be nice guys.

As long as people think before posting, sure.

ToXlayzer
29th Jan 2015, 19:18
they only seem op because they have a heal. making them harder to take down and them being able to land more shots on you. Disabling them then wailing on them takes them out pretty quickly.

HoopleDoople
29th Jan 2015, 20:10
The Prophet can be terrifyingly good in the hands of an experienced player. The Prophet is very versatile, can be incredibly potent at long range (when using Heavy Pistols with the Deadeye perk), and has the best CC in the human arsenal. But there are plenty of methods for dealing with the Prophet successfully.

I've found Deceivers and Reavers cause the most problems for a Prophet. They have the least obvious approaches which prevents the Prophet chipping away with pistols or landing an easy Hex. Their speedy attacks and rolls makes it harder for Prophets to land abilities and shots. The Reaver's Evasion or Shadow Step make for easy escapes (except while hexed) and Illusions or Shroud make it hard for the Prophet to hit the Deceiver.

It sounds like you're having trouble facing the Prophet as the Sentinel. The biggest advice I can give is to avoid flying "loud and proud" around the map - fly stealthily from rooftop to rooftop to get in position then wait until your team is ready to launch an assault. When you're making a dive do it from as high as possible with as much speed as possible to minimize your exposure. Do your best to carry your target out of sight of the other humans. Hex Shot is no real worry while flying but it is devastating if it hits you on the ground. Thus against an isolated Prophet you either want to chain stun him (Dive Bomb + Wing Flap) or get him low enough on health to quickly finish off with Puncture (Air Strike followed by Kidnap/Abduct).

HDHaZmY
29th Jan 2015, 21:29
There is no such thing as op in this game, there are good players and good teams. I see bad people with all classes as well as great people with all classes, also if your team is worse than the other, it's easier to think the opposition is actually OP.

As you will play more, you will realize that when you are winning you think of yourself as op too when you are having a good match.

Khalith
30th Jan 2015, 00:13
There is no such thing as op in this game, there are good players and good teams.

There is most definitely OP in this game but Psyonix has been really good at trying to find a sweet spot for balance and nerfing those things. They're getting close, but not quite there yet. As for prophet, it's the really high consistent damage from the pistols and self healing that make her so powerful, she's definitely the strongest class 1v1. Against the really good prophet players you really need to stun lock them to get them down efficiently otherwise they're pretty stubborn.