PDA

View Full Version : Improving FPS on FF XIII & XIII-2

mike_ptbr
29th Jan 2015, 17:50
Hi everyone, while we are waiting for any news about the performance patch, I decided to make this thread to help those who are with pretty bad performance on both games.

1) Changing the power management on your Nvidia Control Painel to prefer maximum performance to improve FPS, for some odd reason the GPU likes to enter in sleep mode when we're running FFXIII & FFXIII-2. :zzZ:

http://www.liax.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/nvidiacontrolpanelphotoshopcrashsolution1.jpg

2) Another way to improve FPS is have an I5 or I7 CPU overclocked to 4.2GHz or more, what this basically means is that this game loves overclocked CPUs. The higher your frequency, the better. After all, this is the only way to overcome the game’s single-threaded CPU issues. And in case you are wondering, no; there is no CPU able to run FFXIII & FF XIII-2 with constant 60fps .

Doing those things, you should get 60FPS most of time on FFXIII and 30 FPS most of time in FFXIII-2.

My specs:
Motherboard: Asus model: P8Z77 V-LX
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz - 4.23GHz Overclocked
RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 Gigabyte (GV-N770OC-2GD)

Using the prefer maximum performance + OC CPU 4.2GHz FF XIII runs most of time 60FPS here, while FF XIII-2 runs most of time 30FPS, very rare cases it jump to 60FPS here.

Change to 720p or lower the shadow and AA doesn't help much because we're limited by CPU in most of time.

Sammy_Kneen
31st Jan 2015, 00:44
Thanks for taking the time to make this thread :)

Unfortunately I have an AMD graphics card so the maximum performance option isn't available to me. However, I have upgraded my CPU from an AMDFX 4300 to an i7-4790K and have noticed a considerable improvement! This game just doesn't like AMD hardware.

Looking forward to Lightning Returns still though :)