PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - January 29th update

Saikocat
29th Jan 2015, 15:23
Floating Damage Indicators are no longer attached to the player who took damage, but instead stay at their spawn location so you cannot track enemies through walls using the indicators.

Fix to allow Alchemist Sunlight Vial tutorial section to be completed

Fixed an issue in Flashpoint causing it to not cycle through all of a map's objectives properly before reusing any single objective

Fixed a bug causing servers to reject players from connecting if their team was not correctly assigned before the match started

Fixed an issue causing Disabling Curse to not actually disable anything

"Low" Video Settings more aggressively disable graphical options

FireWorks_
29th Jan 2015, 15:37
Broken achievements untouched?

Anyway, glad for every fix we get to see :)

SquirrelInDaSky
29th Jan 2015, 15:39
Give me my dmg tracking back! Nao!

Razaiim
29th Jan 2015, 16:04
Sounds like the stormbow became even more useful heh heh heeeeeeeh

mauvo58
29th Jan 2015, 16:14
"Floating Damage Indicators" refers to the numbers not the health-bars. Phew!

SquirrelInDaSky
29th Jan 2015, 16:22
Sounds like the stormbow became even more useful heh heh heeeeeeeh

Omg that was my first thought when i saw the post =)

netmota
29th Jan 2015, 16:24
I hope you fix the xbox controller issue that cant control the direction of puncture, infect, throw and sweeping kick abilities... you can control backstab and wing flap very well to the direction you want... but these i mentioned still fixed and need to be able to controll... otherwise these habilities are completly useless on xbox controller, which leaves many disadvantaged.

Vampmaster
29th Jan 2015, 16:56
I hope you fix the xbox controller issue that cant control the direction of puncture, infect, throw and sweeping kick abilities... you can control backstab and wing flap very well to the direction you want... but these i mentioned still fixed and need to be able to controll... otherwise these habilities are completly useless on xbox controller, which leaves many disadvantaged.

*Waits for someone to complain that controller bugs should not be fixed because it would encourage poor gameplay*

Agreed though. Also, climbing should work in the direction the character is facing.

Varulven
29th Jan 2015, 16:58
Pls roll back this update! Nosgoth is completely unplayable for me because it crashes constantly!

Psyonix_Corey
29th Jan 2015, 16:59
Pls roll back this update! Nosgoth is completely unplayable for me because it crashes constantly!

Can you send us a crash dump from here please?
My Documents/My Games/Nosgoth/BCMPGame/Logs/

urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com

Varulven
29th Jan 2015, 17:15
Can you send us a crash dump from here please?
My Documents/My Games/Nosgoth/BCMPGame/Logs/

urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com

Already did, you should have it in your inbox now :)

--Ram--
29th Jan 2015, 17:32
Floating Damage Indicators are no longer attached to the player who took damage, but instead stay at their spawn location so you cannot track enemies through walls using the indicators.

And there was much rejoicing!

Garfild_ru
29th Jan 2015, 18:02
Русский перевод
Russian Translation
http://nosgoth.ru/1286-update-nosgoth-29-01-15/

archedmaid
29th Jan 2015, 18:33

What does this mean

Razaiim
29th Jan 2015, 23:17
So Disabling curse works now too. Might have to give that a whirl when I recover from my 11 hour binge. I'm at my nosgoth limit.

RazielWarmonic
30th Jan 2015, 04:12
Crossbow tracers are broken, they appear 2-3 seconds after firing in a weird jagged smoke line.

There were also some oddities happening that I can't quite put my finger on. (Really useful, I know. :\)

Enrage no longer works upon immediately pressing the button, the Tyrant "roars" but the effect doesn't happen.

ArcanicFlame
30th Jan 2015, 06:05
im assuming a fix was made to haste/leap attack/pounces to make it so haste can no longer be activated while in the primed stage of leap/pounce thus bypassing the GCD? (haste now takes you out of the animation and activates the GCD) =/ bleh coulda said that in the patch notes.....the heads up woulda been nice
also no fix for ntdll.dll crashes? lame
you also fixed prophets curses from working through floors and ceiling's
lol i feel like because you changed damage numbers through walls, and fixed disabling curse not disabling, you assumed we'd know without testing that you also fixed both curses working through ceilings and floors
@RazielWarmoni........oddities abound bro

DaumPotAVI
30th Jan 2015, 09:18
what's the difference about "Floating Damage Indicators" I couldn't find any changes...

I can see HP bar, at spawn point too

so I can track enemy also

I don't know what is difference

Can I get some image or movie about this patch feature??

before after comparison

FireWorks_
30th Jan 2015, 13:43
what's the difference about "Floating Damage Indicators" I couldn't find any changes...

I can see HP bar, at spawn point too

so I can track enemy also

I don't know what is difference

Can I get some image or movie about this patch feature??

before after comparison

Play storm bow, there you will notice the difference the most

cmstache
30th Jan 2015, 15:28

I love this.

lucinvampire
30th Jan 2015, 15:52
I noticed last night the matchmaking for Flashpoint was really bad in all the matches I played. Teams would either win by like 11 - 1 or loose by the same amounts. Don't know if something was changed on this but yeah - it was pretty lame.

:thumb: Seems to work - tried it last night and improved FPS by 5-10.

DaumPotAVI
30th Jan 2015, 17:19
Play storm bow, there you will notice the difference the most
I always using stormbow.... what's the difference...

mauvo58
30th Jan 2015, 17:23
DaumPotAVI: does the below help?

"Floating Damage Indicators" refers to the numbers not the health-bars. Phew!

Saikocat
30th Jan 2015, 17:48
I noticed last night the matchmaking for Flashpoint was really bad in all the matches I played. Teams would either win by like 11 - 1 or loose by the same amounts. Don't know if something was changed on this but yeah - it was pretty lame.

No change in that regard, as far as matchmaking goes (in Flashpoint or otherwise)

What does this mean

It means that the "Low" setting will make a bigger difference on lower end systems, disabling more options so you get a higher FPS.

You'll still see damage indicators and HP, but what changed is you won't see those numbers move along with the character. A good illustration is the Stormbow, as Fireworks mentioned. With that you would have seen someone take damage and be able to track their move men

Talespin
30th Jan 2015, 19:19
"Hey, you know those few abilities you could chain together or use to cancel other annoying animations on vampire which actually make the game feel fluid and responsive? Let's add a bunch of weird delays to them!"

"Great idea! I always thought it was weird you could pop enrage and not have to waste a second walking around before doing something. I put a lot of work into that enrage animation!"

smh

archedmaid
30th Jan 2015, 19:31
Oh kay I have:

Intel Core 2 CPU 1.8Ghz
4 Gb Ram
GeForce GT 610
Windows 7 x64

Previous to the update I could play mostly fine, but it would be choppy in fast moving battles. Now it plays smoother over all and it's almost never choppy. Probably not the best FPS, but I have never checked.

Ysanoire
2nd Feb 2015, 03:25
[LIST]
Fixed an issue in Flashpoint causing it to not cycle through all of a map's objectives properly before reusing any single objective

Does this mean it's supposed to use all 6 objective per game? Since the cap points don't change at all anymore after x time of unsuccessful attempts at capture.

This isn't happening currently. You can get the same objective twice and some you'll never get assigned.

Saikocat
2nd Feb 2015, 11:25
The Global Cooldown was in effect since Alpha, but there was a bug affecting it, so it would have seemed like a change rather than a fix. But we are listening to that feedback... More on that soon.

Does this mean it's supposed to use all 6 objective per game? Since the cap points don't change at all anymore after x time of unsuccessful attempts at capture.

This isn't happening currently. You can get the same objective twice and some you'll never get assigned.

Since the patch/update? I will check into that, I believe it should cycle through them better than previously.

Ysanoire
2nd Feb 2015, 17:04
Yup, after the update. I noted the exact point order I saw just now in a game:

DE (capped E)
DB
BE
AE
EC
CD (so both E and D came back after they were capped)

and then:
AC
DC
AC
DC
DA
DB

ApollosBow
2nd Feb 2015, 23:51
Dont suppose theres been further development on the summoners hair (the Egyptian type skin), the demo on 23.01.2015 showed her off and I loved the skin but the hair was flopping around very stiffly like laminated paper, I understand it cant be TressFX but is that the way its meant to be?

(didnt know what thread to put this in so picked two)

FireWorks_
3rd Feb 2015, 08:51
Yup, after the update. I noted the exact point order I saw just now in a game:

DE (capped E)
DB
BE
AE
EC
CD (so both E and D came back after they were capped)

and then:
AC
DC
AC
DC
DA
DB
I had the same observation. If only "the first" point gets capped (and the second ignored), it flips back to already used caps while others remain unused.