PDA

View Full Version : Map vote.

Kegsmash
29th Jan 2015, 12:28
anyone know if they have any plans to vote on maps to play on once more maps are introduced?

absinthesize
29th Jan 2015, 12:40
i hope not

leads to abuse

or people yelling at someone for not voting for x

keep it random imo, at least in public lobbies

DunhamSmash
30th Jan 2015, 01:34
anyone know if they have any plans to vote on maps to play on once more maps are introduced?

No plans currently, but we are always considering our options.

(and as you alluded to, more maps is a key factor)

ApollosBow
8th Feb 2015, 04:26
No plans currently, but we are always considering our options.

(and as you alluded to, more maps is a key factor)

Hopefully all future considerations for maps are currently vampire territories :P

GenFeelGood
8th Feb 2015, 06:14
4 active human maps, 1 active vampire map, and 1 vampire map in development

I am hoping that after the release of the Crucible we get two more vampire maps before we get another human map. The Razielim and Turelim are covered, so we could do something like the Necropolis of the Melchahim, the Labyrinth or Forges of the Dumahim, or the Silenced Cathedral of the Zephonim.

SirRudyMan
8th Feb 2015, 10:36

You mean players voting which map they want to play, in the lobby before the match starts?

PencileyePirate
8th Feb 2015, 20:50
I would really love a next map vote during lobbies or at the end of matches.

Cristari
8th Feb 2015, 21:22
Playing games with loads of maps and allowing a voting system on it gets ridiculously boring as people play the same maps over and over again. If this is what the OP is meaning then No I'd rather play them all. If what he is discussing is a vote to what people would like to see in the game itself then I'm fine with that. The more maps the better and if the community get a decision on what is included it makes the game a little more personal for everyone.

Mayhzon
11th Feb 2015, 10:53
Playing games with loads of maps and allowing a voting system on it gets ridiculously boring as people play the same maps over and over again. If this is what the OP is meaning then No I'd rather play them all. If what he is discussing is a vote to what people would like to see in the game itself then I'm fine with that. The more maps the better and if the community get a decision on what is included it makes the game a little more personal for everyone.
Right on. My experience is the same. No matter if F2P or paid, most games I played that had a map vote system ended up with lobbies always featuring the same maps, despite a large variety existing.

Never develop a nextmap vote. If people want to play only one map, then they can do that with their friends in private lobbies.

ApollosBow
17th Feb 2015, 18:24
It should give a map vote similar to the Halo games, the game picks 2 or 3 maps that the lobby haven't played on and lets you pick which one, this way eventually all maps are played, but for people popping on for less games than there are maps it is good because at least they have a better chance to play on a map they prefer....Ive had days go by without playing on the Fane or Valeholm (weird luck more than anything Im sure).

Wolf_the_Legend
20th Feb 2015, 14:39
I would prefer you could ban one map u dislike and that's it.

this will probably leed to one map that wont get played from the main player base, but then the devs will know that this one needs some fixing.

but I think we can check back to this thread in 6 Month or so.