PDA

View Full Version : DECEIVER Dominate mind - mechanics slight tweak

Zulgot
29th Jan 2015, 11:11
So I was playing deceiver way back during closed beta and hoped, that dominate mind will change a little before open beta but I didn't notice anything.
What should be changed: Lock-down timer:That's maybe the most important thing preventing this skill to be useful - I can't count how many times I needed to control someone but they just run out of vision before I could do anything. If I could target them in half the time, it would be perfect.
Victim damage capacity: There is nothing more frustrating than finally getting your human - then wild Tyrant appears with his charge and interrupts your dominate mind skill. Dominate mind is probably the only skill, that your teammates can intetrrupt - why? This way you have to hope, humans wont notice you and vampires wont smack your victim...
Movement after skill ends: Simply stop movement after skill stops - deceiver always fall from ledges.

Imagine when all those problems combines.
The rest of the skill is fine in my opinion.
If some dev reads this - thanks for reading :D

Zulgot
31st Jan 2015, 16:45
Does anyone have any idea how to improve dominate mind? Don't hesitate to share! ;)

FireWorks_
31st Jan 2015, 17:06
Often discussed, highlights:
-Victim needs some indicator like outlining or symbol above head
-Aiming justifies 3rd party crosshair (allowed)
-Scoring could be better (like moving target in CH)

Zulgot
1st Feb 2015, 16:30
Yea that indicator would be really nice (but only visible to vampires...). Man I hope they will do something with this ability - it's really fun to play, but if you want to win, it's not the best choice...

Tetrajoule
1st Feb 2015, 17:21
Does anyone have any idea how to improve dominate mind? Don't hesitate to share! ;)

My suggestion?
Let me shoot the other humans when I dominate one of them, every damage the human takes while he is dominated is transferred to me, leaving my dominate mind position invincible and the human I control, but not the damage transfer and the other human I aim at(as well as not other vamps, if I accidentally hit them), I don't think I should be able to use his abilities though(as fun as it seems ;D)
but this way, I can play a little bit more flexible even in open maps (valeholm), my mind control is actually useful even when I am detected and mind control does what it actually should, controlling other players.